China Economy: News & Discussion

karn

Country flag
Modern Chinese village.. watch how artificial intelligence and automation helps improve lives of villagers, especially the elderly. Those houses are truly enviable... so modern, they make urban condos look primitive.

Bro that sarcasm was way too much .. I honestly was expecting some actual robots and shit in a chinese village.

another_armchair

Country flag
Bro that sarcasm was way too much .. I honestly was expecting some actual robots and shit in a chinese village.
The real deal are the CCP agents working under cover. Watch as they urge Chinese to come out in the open and speak freely and critically of the Govt, putting vibrant democracies to shame.

KurtisBrian

Country flag
It's not admirable. China has around 300-400 million mid class, their purchase power and living standard is better than Brazil and Mexico, even they are the same USD10000/per level, and i m just one of them.

I m 40 yrs, my son's gerenation is truly admirable, they are born in digital times, and never experienced poverty, shortage, and they get whatever kind of education/sports they want. I think they are the most competitive generation compares to the Western.
Probably not good translation. I considered not being two faced to be an admirable trait.

I am not in China. Wealth of Chinese in China compared to other nations doesn't affect me much.

rockdog

Country flag
Probably not good translation. I considered not being two faced to be an admirable trait.

I am not in China. Wealth of Chinese in China compared to other nations doesn't affect me much.
Most people don't like new money, China is new money to America, just like American was new money to European.

If you watched the movie "Titanic", you would see how the European down played the American. But just few years before it sank, in 1895, the USA overtook the UK as 1st GDP nation in the world, and people still didn't noticed that on Titanic.

rockdog

Country flag
Modern Chinese village.. watch how artificial intelligence and automation helps improve lives of villagers, especially the elderly. Those houses are truly enviable... so modern, they make urban condos look primitive.

The counties and villiges of the vid are from Guizhou provide, the provionce with 95% land are mountains. till now it's almost the poorest province in China and 20 yrs ago they were the same per GDP as Uganda, and 2022 was USD8000 per, but China's average is USD12,000 per ...

There are 1000+ villiages like that, people would only live together inside the mountain. Those condos are real and they are traditional, but the government gave them subisidy to renovate.

I visited few of them during 2019.

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

rockdog

Country flag
The real deal are the CCP agents working under cover. Watch as they urge Chinese to come out in the open and speak freely and critically of the Govt, putting vibrant democracies to shame.
The county level of "CIA" officers always working in such rude manner, people from Shanghai would be more gently.

From this CNN vid, and with my own experinces:

1. This is the deepest place of China, Guizhou province is truly the most undevelped place.
2. The villiages were covered by electrity, clean water, good road networks.
3. The hosptial and vaccine system are running smoothly.
4. Young people have jobs in coastal belt, join the manufactuers, their monthly wages normally is equal to their whole year's income of family.
5. From the vid, they are affordable with entry level cars ($USD15000), i didn't see many old cars.
6. AFAIK, the Guizhou covered all the counties with high standard highway system.

7. Guizhou also famouse as "cloud industry". Since rich on hydroelectricity and mountains, most big companies put their data centers in the caves of mountains nearby hydro stations. Apple's all Chinese data are stored here, called "Cloud up on Guizhou". This is how even poorest place would empowered by IT booming.

SexyChineseLady

US is pursuing tech war with China by banning chips. China on the other hand is welcoming US chip firms :D

KurtisBrian

Country flag
Most people don't like new money, China is new money to America, just like American was new money to European.

If you watched the movie "Titanic", you would see how the European down played the American. But just few years before it sank, in 1895, the USA overtook the UK as 1st GDP nation in the world, and people still didn't noticed that on Titanic.
People/nations of Europe had to build/create their own wealth. They created and thus used to have real wealth and money.

Americans had to build everything they had (excepting the stuff they took from Britain). Thus they had real wealth and money.

Rise of US...Americans of the USA defeated global superpower Britain in 1783 (fought again in 1812). Americans created new stuff for their Civil War, steel ships, repeating rifles, gatling gun. Americans of the USA defeated Spain 1898. So I am certain Europe noticed the power of the US long before the sinking of the Titanic in 1912.

Compare with China and the Chinese. Chinese have been given huge sums of US money via FDI plus the transfer of factories and technology. Chinese didn’t create the modern things they have. Chinese have not defeated anyone.

If China wants to be big dog and have real money then they have to beat some big dogs. Can’t do it then Chinese serve and get cared for according to how well they serve. Chinese were serving well and were getting richer. Kind of like the no power Japanese and Germans serve but are wealthy.
Jinping Xi must know this. For the Chinese to really have new money they are going to have to defeat some players of worth and gain (regain?) a seat at the table (the one where the big dogs are playing poker).

rockdog

Country flag
China's exports rebound unexpectedly to growth in March

China's exports rebounded unexpectedly to growth in March despite a decline in U.S. and European demand following interest rate hikes to cool inflation.

Exports rose 14.8% over a year earlier to $315.6 billion, recovering from a 6.8% decline in January and February, customs data showed Thursday. Imports sank 1.4% to $227.4 billion, a smaller contraction than the 10.2% slide in the previous two months.

China's politically sensitive global trade surplus widened by 82% over a year earlier to $88.2 billion.

Exports to the United States and the 27-nation European Union, China's biggest foreign markets, declined after the Federal Reserve and other central banks raised rates to slow consumer and business activity. That was offset by double-digit gains in sales to Canada, Indonesia, Russia and other markets.

------------------------------------

I think OBOR & RCEP finally empowers China's export, even the direct demand from US and EU decreased.

The RCEP helps Chinese manufactuers uses ASEAN nations as proxy to export to USA. Some of my friends already moved their PCB factories to Thailand and Vietnam, the assembly lines are now in ASEAN, but the core supply chains are still in Shenzhen and Dongguan.

I have to say pushed OBOR and made RCEP (regardless India likes join or not) to be sealed as soon as possible are really smart by Chinese government, the government is quite long sighted at this point.

Last edited:

srevster

Country flag

rockdog

Country flag
ByteDance is now even more profitable than Ali and Tentent, and it's still non-listed company.

002.jpg

001.jpg

srevster

Country flag
regarding all the bullshit about not having AC installed like China. India is leapfrogging AC's to implement new technology with passive cooling. Don't hate the player, hate the game.

rockdog

Country flag
regarding all the bullshit about not having AC installed like China. India is leapfrogging AC's to implement new technology with passive cooling. Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Good, can't wait to check the data:

Despite this demand, the Indian AC market stands at just over 7 million units with penetration of just 8%. In comparison to China (penetration of 138% as of 2019) showcases a large gap.

AC is the key to productitive, and don't forget China is a temperate countries and India is tropical country ... ...

But India's low penetration rate will be good chance for oversea AC makers:

Who is the Largest Air Conditioner Manufacturer in the World?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles