Cars & Bikes - Automotive Discussion Thread

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
Technical education? Like four year college? Where I am about average of 20K per year for tuition. Another 14K for living costs. In other places, it could be as low as 20K for evreything.
140k for 4 years..

:wtfcat:

===========================

Krusty

Country flag
@Krusty thinking of giving up the Subaru so I can save for my kid's college since I'm not Hispanic or Black. :frusty:

5K will buy a 2000 Grand Cherokee XJ. What do you think? 6 cylinder is supposed to be bulletproof and it is a beast off the road.

What a coincidence, I was just reading your post about an undocumented Hispanic getting into a good college with 3.6 Gpa with a sponsorship...

Damn.

But honestly, I'm jealous of the used car market of USA. You get all kinds of cars and trucks for cheap rates and if you hunt around, you get great deals on hidden gems...

I dig the jeep. As Long as you can afford the fuel costs. How much does a V8 SUV go for anyway?

I do feel very sad about the Subaru though...

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
140k for 4 years..

:wtfcat:

===========================
That is average cost, you could attend a cheapo school for 7K per year and live on maybe 8500 if you were super cheap. Also work fulltime at a gas station making 7$ an hour for about 14K per year. o_O

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
What a coincidence, I was just reading your post about an undocumented Hispanic getting into a good college with 3.6 Gpa with a sponsorship...

Damn.

But honestly, I'm jealous of the used car market of USA. You get all kinds of cars and trucks for cheap rates and if you hunt around, you get great deals on hidden gems...

I dig the jeep. As Long as you can afford the fuel costs. How much does a V8 SUV go for anyway?

I do feel very sad about the Subaru though...
Its just an idea I'm toying with, I'll literally cry if I have to give it up. Wifey thinks I should enjoy it since it is the only nice thing I've splurged on. It makes me smile everytime I drive it. :sad:

Cherokee also had a V8 engine and can be bought for about 2.5K (the flat six is in higher demand).

In general, depends on the age of the car and the brand. European cars depreciate like crazy, American cars are average and Japanese cars hold their value really well.

Krusty

Country flag
Its just an idea I'm toying with, I'll literally cry if I have to give it up. Wifey thinks I should enjoy it since it is the only nice thing I've splurged on. It makes me smile everytime I drive it. :sad:

Cherokee also had a V8 engine and can be bought for about 2.5K (the flat six is in higher demand).

In general, depends on the age of the car and the brand. European cars depreciate like crazy, American cars are average and Japanese cars hold their value really well.
Why not get a used Impreza? I'm sure you will get it for under 5k...

I'm sure you will get a blobeye Impreza. And then bling and slam it over time...

IMG_4504.JPG

:drool:

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
Why not get a used Impreza? I'm sure you will get it for under 5k...

I'm sure you will get a blobeye Impreza. And then bling and slam it over time...

View attachment 19723

:drool:
Head gasket problems and also it would have been beat to death. Its very hard to find Imprezas in good condition. The FA20DIT is such a huge improvement over anything Subaru has produced before. The modding potential is insane.

EDIT: Just checked the blobeyes are selling for 12.5K to 17K. Insane resale value. :rofl:

Krusty

Country flag
Head gasket problems and also it would have been beat to death. Its very hard to find Imprezas in good condition. The FA20DIT is such a huge improvement over anything Subaru has produced before. The modding potential is insane.

EDIT: Just checked the blobeyes are selling for 12.5K to 17K. Insane resale value. :rofl:
How about Mitsubishi Lancers then? Don't like them? But I suspect they will cost even more than subarus.

12.5k to 17k is insane. Wait. Is this a regular Impreza or STI?

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
How about Mitsubishi Lancers then? Don't like them? But I suspect they will cost even more than subarus.

12.5k to 17k is insane. Wait. Is this a regular Impreza or STI?
Regular.

I've never been a fan of Mitsubishi. Drove a stock Lancer long time ago and it stuck with me I guess. I also hate the design. But yes, they cost more than Subarus since they are less in number. Also spare parts are harder to get aftermarket.

Guess it makes sense to keep the Subie.

Krusty

Country flag
Too quiet here... what gives?

Anyway? Remember the dude who dropped into the fish market in his gtr?

This guys just went one up dropping into the market in a Ferrari.. I shot this last weekend.

IMG_4566.JPG

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
And that z800 is all mine.

"""*""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
Too quiet here... what gives?

Anyway? Remember the dude who dropped into the fish market in his gtr?

This guys just went one up dropping into the market in a Ferrari.. I shot this last weekend.

View attachment 20568
He must be an organ trafficker.

Krusty

Country flag
@aditya10r best YouTube comment ever

THIS bike belongs to THIS guy.Where is your God now?
This guy will surely get on your nerves. Starting up a cold engine and instantly bouncing it off the limiter and holding it there ... a cardinal sin.

He also replaced the beautiful exhaust Piple with a fugly aftermarket canister

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag

==========================================================================

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
22459089_10155823987154661_8096642959829126500_o.jpg

Kolkata with ninja zx-14r.

--------------------------------_--------------------

Global Defence