Arjun Main Battle Tank (MBT)

methos

Country flag
My measurement starts at turret tip at 6.5 meter mark on the BR line drawing above and ends at 4 meter mark right under the pivot base for the hatch closing cover.
You notice that at the 6.5 meter mark there is only the mantlet and not the turret front?

Dejawolf

give proof of this 2260 mm mark on the BR line drawing below , and which component in your model lies 2260 mm behind the front tip of the turret including gun covering plate

and on the same BR line drawing mark the position of the roof top vision block in relation to the bar holder,
you are holding the keys in your hand, and running around like a clown screaming "where are the keys!??"

just another one of the many reasons nobody takes you seriously.
how about you look closely on all of the pictures that has been posted, instead of wasting peoples time withyour trollish nonsense.

Last edited:

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
you are holding the keys in your hand, and running around like a clown screaming "where are the keys!??"

just another one of the many reasons nobody takes you seriously.
how about you look closely on all of the pictures that has been posted, instead of wasting peoples time withyour trollish nonsense.

In the line drawing above the pivot base of the standing vertical hatch is at 4 meter pont , And the front tip of the Arjun tank (at the base of the main gun)is at 6.5 meter.

Lets leave turret tip vs gun covering plate tip contest for a while.

Since it makes common sense to use the 6.5 meter point as the base point for measuring the distances A, B, C, D

Mark the 4 meter point and the 6.5 meter point on your model below and then we will see who takes who seriously here.

The rough draw may not be upto scale, it is a rough and ready alteration of what militarista posted to communicate my point of view.

1. A ----------the distance between front tip of ARJUN tank at the base of the main gun (the 6.5 meter point in BR line drawing) and the back edge of the main sight cutaway= 700mm according to your previous posts.

2. B ----------- The distance between the back edge of the main sight cutaway and the opening for roof top vision block inside Arjun turret (the back edge of the main gunner's sight block is in vertical line with roof top vision block opening inside Arjun turret) = 600 mm(LOS for armor)

3. C ---------- the distance between the back edge of the main gunner's sight block and the gunner's seat back head rest=600 mm.

4. D ------------the distance between the gunner's seat back head rest and the vertical standing crew hatch cover in the line drawing posted below = 600mm. gunner's seat back head rest is in vertical straight line with the front arc edge of the round crew hole.

So A + B + C + D = 700 + 600 + 600 + 600 = 2500 mm.

1.The red rectangle marked measurement A starts at the front tip of ARJUN tank at the base of the main gun and ends at the main sight cutaway back side edge.(in picture it is wrongly done as starting at a place bit behind the front tip of ARJUN tank at the base of the main gun, But that does not changes the dimension.)

It wrongly starts at the the turret tip without mantlet plate but instead it should start at front tip of ARJUN tank at the base of the main gun

2. The blue rectangle signifying B starts at the where A ends and stops at back edge of the gunner's main sight bloc back edge.

3. The yellow rectangle C starts at the point where B ends and stops at the back side of the gunner's seat headrest's back edge.

4.The green rectangle D starts at where C ends and stops at the swivel or the base of the vertical standing crew hatch cover base in the only line drawing dimensions posted in this post above.

1. the length of A-------The red rectangle's length is 700 mm.

2.The length of B-------The blue rectangle's length is 600 mm.

3.The length of C-------The yellow rectangle's length is 600 mm.

4.The length of D-------The green rectangle's length is 600 mm.

A + B + C + D =2500 mm.

So LOS for main sight comes to 600 mm from this calculation.

You have agreed with C, D and being 600 mm , 600 mm already, So there is no dispute there.

Only thing that needs to be clarified is the depth of the cut away for main sight. That is explained here below on the Arjun turret on the production shop floor,

In the picture above , In the same way the ratio of [ distance from front tip of the turret(excluding the gun cover plate or mantlet plate) to the pivot base of the hatch cover ] / [ distance from tip of the turret (excluding the gun cover plate or mantlet plate) to for hatch cutaway ] is 3.14 .

In the image below distance from front tip of the turret(excluding the gun cover plate or mantlet plate) to the pivot base of the hatch cover is 2350

so 2350 / 3.14 = 750 mm is the gap for the hatch cutaway.

well if the gun swivels flat horizontal it's covering plate will be in line with the turret tip of the main sight cutaway,

So It is now confirmed that the armor back plate is 600 mm behind the back wall of the min sight cutaway so even if the armor back plate is straight and flat as you claim an LOS of 600 mm is minimum, You won't have any problems with it I think.

Last edited:

Dejawolf

In the line drawing above the pivot base of the standing vertical hatch is at 4 meter pont , And the front tip of the Arjun tank (at the base of the main gun)is at 6.5 meter.

in the line drawing above, the ledge in front of the hatch pivot is at 0 meters.
the turret front is at 2260mm. lets start our measures at 0 because then there won't be any way for you to try and confuse people.
you've already accepted the crew needs 600+600mm.
you've already agreed that the sight cutout is 700-750mm.
the length is obviously 2260 from back of TCs seat to front of turret.

and so the formula. 2260-(600+600+750) = 310mm.
this is the truth, and denying it only proves your dishonest argumentation techniques.

now apologize for wasting everyones time.

Last edited:

Saber

i need some help on:
APfSDS AMK 339, AMK 340A, AMK 340 mk II......differences, and challenges for India in manufacturing APFSDS amn.

methos

Country flag
AMK 339 is the Russian 125 mm 3BM-42 "Mango" ammunition from 1985. Just recently the Indian government bought a large batch of these.
AMK 340 is 125 mm ammunition which was supplied by Isreal.

pmaitra

This is what I can surmise about the approximate width of the armour behind the sight, given that no one is sure what the real width of the armour is.

pmaitra

This explain all:

here is visible whole cavity
We can see the plate covering the top of the cavity. The cavity is only partially visible. Look at the picture I posted.

Anyway, I was asking for a picture of the vision instrument complex, not the cavity. Thank you for responding though.

militarysta

This is what I can surmise about the approximate width of the armour behind the sight, given that no one is sure what the real width of the armour is.

Whit full respect for your job - the orange arrows are on wrong angle, the perspective have some minor porblem there too :)
Idea: just use "bar holder" lenght. Cut it and remove :)

pmaitra

Whit full respect for your job - the orange arrows are on wrong angle, the perspective have some minor porblem there too :)
Idea: just use "bar holder" lenght. Cut it and remove :)
You are correct. The top armour is sloped at an angle of approx. than 5°.

So, assuming it is 5°, the correct number would be 0.638201 x cos(5°) = 0.638201 x 0.9961947 = 0.6357724537347.

Dejawolf

You are correct. The top armour is sloped at an angle of approx. than 5°.

So, assuming it is 5°, the correct number would be 0.638201 x cos(5°) = 0.638201 x 0.9961947 = 0.6357724537347.
line drawings gives an angle of about 8° from horizontal.

and here's the only images i've managed to find on the arjun sight

sight is made by SAGEM Afaik, maybe if you go to the manufacturers website you'll find some better pictures.

it looks quite similar to this sight actually:
SAGEM savan-15

Last edited:

pmaitra

line drawings gives an angle of about 8° from horizontal.

and here's the only images i've managed to find on the arjun sight

sight is made by SAGEM Afaik, maybe if you go to the manufacturers website you'll find some better pictures.

it looks quite similar to this sight actually:
SAGEM savan-15
Yes, it could be Sagem or Elbit, or a hodge-podge collaboration with BEL. I searched and did not find any picture that I could be sure of. I think the bottom part of the bottom most most picture is of the correct instrument cluster, except for that depth would be more from the bottom front edge and bottom read edge. I think your drawing is more accurate.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles