Arjun Main Battle Tank (MBT)

ArgonPrime

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
@ArgonPrime K2 with Arbams. Didn't find any Type-10, but it's turret is bigger than both. View attachment 78253
No, actually, the turrets only appear to be of similar size to the naked eye because all the 4-man crew MBTs have got longer hulls!! As for Type 10 having a larger turret, yet again, it's an optical illusion because its hull is even shorter than that of K2 and Leclerc.

Bottomline, PKS is right about the turret autoloader deciding the bustle size.
Yes, of course, an autoloader would increase the size of the bustle (and limit the number of rounds you may pack in there) but the turret will still be smaller in comparison with one with a human loader.
You can pinch & flatten the front tho, so armour layout & weight may improve... or the "chad turret" could work.
View attachment 78254
No arguments there.

Maharaj samudragupt

Kritant Parashu
Banned
Country flag
Yes... Apparently the Army (rightfully so) insisted the tank is too crude & they renamed it to Mark1A until the redesigned, reengineered Mark2 is tested & certified.

Already the tech is ready & operational 😐
Where can it fight, except for rajasthan ?
Bleh ji, you are knowledgeable in this regards , can you tell me why drdo has failed to reduce it's weight ?
I last heard the weight was 64 tonnes , now suddenly 68 tonnes?

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Bleh ji, you are knowledgeable in this regards , can you tell me why drdo has failed to reduce it's weight ?
Everwhere except parts of Paki Punjab (can defend on our side) where deep rivers pose an obstacle... Bridges of Himalayas pose the biggest problem, but if there's time to airlift them in C-17 then Dekhen Mushkil the sides of mountains better than T-90. Beyond its hard there, not an issue.
But 70% of India Pakistan tankable border is between Rajasthan & Sindh.

The weight issue has not been reduced because that'd need extensive design changes, coming in Mark2... For now they added the 75 tech upgrades required & renamed it to Mark1A, as a stopgap. BTW weight is 65t like Merkava, 67.5t with that mine-plough.
A lot like Tejas development actually. 💁‍♂️

Maharaj samudragupt

Kritant Parashu
Banned
Country flag
Everwhere except parts of Paki Punjab (can defend on our side) where deep rivers pose an obstacle... Bridges of Himalayas pose the biggest problem, but if there's time to airlift them in C-17 then Dekhen Mushkil the sides of mountains better than T-90. Beyond its hard there, not an issue.
But 70% of India Pakistan tankable border is between Rajasthan & Sindh.

The weight issue has not been reduced because that'd need extensive design changes, coming in Mark2... For now they added the 75 tech upgrades required & renamed it to Mark1A, as a stopgap. BTW weight is 65t like Merkava, 67.5t with that mine-plough.
A lot like Tejas development actually. 💁‍♂️
That's a matter of concern , pakistan has a maze of canals , to slowdown .
Indian armour .

ArgonPrime

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
68 tonne is with the mine plow attached I think.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Email from PKS:

IA wants flank & side protection more (apparently that causes tank kills in Indian open fields & deserts) & for the gunner's sight to be raised above the armour block so that ERA can be mounted.

RCWS will be changed and/or reposition... Possibly, integrated with commanders sight.

Last edited:

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
More snaps...
PM-Modi-Hands-Over-Made-In-India-Arjun-Battle-Tank-To-Army.jpg
maxresdefault (2).jpg
Arjun-Mark-1A.jpg
ARJUNMK.jpeg

IA wants flank & side protection more (apparently that causes tank kills in Indian open fields & deserts).
If this is accurate, that Indian Army is more concerned about protection of the cheek & flanks than my Arjun Mark2 would be perfect!
Arjun Mark 2 - Copy.png

Anyone had any idea whom I can send it?.. I feel like I should.

Last edited:

ArgonPrime

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles