Arjun Main Battle Tank (MBT) Mark II

Dejawolf

I will be posting, Non watermark photos from my collection so that it can be edited by you guys..

===================>>

pouch size is exact 13.5cm

======================

Be civil in discussion, No flame-baits or trolling or you will shown the way out, Carry on ..

Thank you ..
@ersakthivel , @Dejawolf , @STGN , @sayareakd Sir ..
nice. but no pics of the interior with the pouch in place?

Last edited by a moderator:

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag

pouch seems to be 15 cm long (between the blue edges on both sides)if we take the scale reading as measurement.

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag

Doesn't the weld lines under the left shoe indicate end of composite armor?

So why do we need inside pictures?

i remember the advice of our expert many times on this issue.

If those weld line indicate the composite armor boundary it is 4.5 x 150 mm(pouch size) =675 mm LOS, A sight for my sore eyes!!!

Any other arguments?

So RHA can be close to 1000 mm depending upon the armor tech, all without ERA ofcourse,

Last edited:

militarysta

Doesn't the weld lines under the left shoe indicate end of composite armor?
99% not. Arhun don;'t replicate here Leo-2A4 armour layout.
Those small periscope in toreet rof is not INISDE armour cavity (as in Leo-2A4) but after it's backplate. So armour after main sight is ending on this persicope.

So why do we need inside pictures?
Becouse it will explain those persicope question definetly. Based on other photos (interior captured on video) I can sye that armour ends BEFORE periscope...

Any other arguments?
Yes, im 99% sure that Kunal's left shoe is not standing on backplate. The backplate is ending in one line whit periscope.

ps. [Kunal could You mesure your pocked by ruler between those two blue thinks under zipper? It will reduce error.
Im not sure if your pocket is 13,5 or 17cm long. It will change a lot.

Last edited:

militarysta

I take wrong lenght of this pocket. As I understand is circa 14cm as it's marked on photo? (those red line along pocket).

Srinivas_K

Country flag
@Kunal Biswas can I post your pics on my fb page??

I will also acknowledge your name in the courtesy note.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dejawolf

side armour estimate.

so side armour whould be about 60mm, which gives protection against russian 30mm,
although perspective distortion of the bag makes this measure uncertain.
side armour could be up to 80mm thick.
this is not taking into account the stowage bins, which should consist of sheet metal about 5mm thick.
the outer armour, dunno what it is or how thick it is.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
@Dajawolf, The storage / tool boxes at inner are no longer used for tools they are not operable unless the outer tool boxes are removed first, Earlier tool boxes are now for keeping lighter Armour module, Don't have further details ..

Dejawolf

@Dajawolf, The storage / tool boxes at inner are no longer used for tools they are not operable unless the outer tool boxes are removed first, Earlier tool boxes are now for keeping lighter Armour module, Don't have further details ..
to me it doesn't look like the outer boxes are tool boxes at all, but extra armour of some sort.

there's no hinged covers to access the insides.
from the picture you took, they are either hinged, or bolted to the turret. its a bit hard to tell, apparently the module in the above picture
is also bolted at a lower point. there's also 2 handles on the top of the armour module suggesting it can be lifted up.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles