Arjun Main Battle Tank (MBT) Mark II

EXPERT

I think its insulting to do some comparison with some mutated Chinese clone tin cane ..

If you have any questions regarding Arjun MK2 do ask ..
dont you think we are quite underestimating them .........
i mean they sure have something in Al khalid which is making them to feel that they can take on our MBTs

EXPERT

I hope Arjun Mk II is handed over to the army soon, unlike Arjun I, it took around 15 yrs to develope.....
Jai Hind
yes , fingers crossed .......
hope they rectify the errors which came out in recent user trials ........and start the production as soon as possible........

EXPERT

I think its insulting to do some comparison with some mutated Chinese clone tin cane ..

If you have any questions regarding Arjun MK2 do ask ..
sir , what are the things which is making ARJUN the expensive MBT in the world....

hitesh

^ 1.Small Order from IA
2.Imported critical component i.e engine,Main gun ,Commander sights (YOU cant create infrastructure for things which your army not willing to order )

The Last Stand

Country flag
As much as I respect you, such severe underestimations of a tank, comparing it to a tin can itself, is an insulting matter.

There is no indication that the Pakistani army troops are necessarily less trained compared to their Indian counterparts.

As such, cautiousness is required.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Every MBT can be destroyed regardless its origin, But there is always more chance of survival depends how tank is designed ..

Arjun in this regard is superior, And MK2 comes with better Ammo and Protection better than those made in Russia and Ukraine under service in PA .

which is making them to feel that they can take on our MBTs
======================

Not Expensive but technically superior in all four segments >

1. Electronic
2. Armour
3. Mobility
4. Fire Power

sir , what are the things which is making ARJUN the expensive MBT in the world....
=======================

Knee jerking commentary again, Before posting get facts cleared ..

COAP are design by Eblit and manufactured in India in some PVT sector for MK2, out of all the equipment only Engine is imported rest made in India ..

2.Imported critical component i.e engine,Commander sights (YOU cant create infrastructure for things which your army not willing to order )

hitesh

COAP are design by Eblit and manufactured in India in some PVT sector for MK2, out of all the equipment only Engine is imported rest made in India ..
I heard 1,500hp powerpack is now available from Cummins India .....

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Mod
Country flag
Arjun MK-2 tanks facing Smokey driver chamber in latest tests

Arjun MK-2 tanks facing Smokey driver chamber in latest tests | idrw.org

According to the latest media reports , Arjun MK-2 is facing some technical issues with its main barrel Gun , Reports says while carrying out Anti tank missile tests by Arun MK-2 at Pokhran in Rajasthan this August, during this tests smoke out of the barrel gun was filling up the driver chamber .This problem has serious risk of choking it's driver due to smoke inhalations.

Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) is also aware of this problem and is working on a fix for it , recent issues with the Arjun MK-2 will push Induction of Arjun MK-2 in to Indian army to late 2015 . Indian army has carried out over 60 tests on Arjun MK-2 till date and have tested Improvements and modifications carried over on Arjun MK-2 over Arjun MK-1 .

Indian Army has asked for total of 93 upgrades, including 13 major improvements. The major upgrades would be missile-firing capability against long-range targets, panoramic sight with night vision to engage targets effectively at night, containerisation of the ammunition, enhanced main weapon penetration; additional ammunition types, explosive reactive armour, an advanced air-defence gun to engage helicopters; a mine plough, an advanced land navigation system and a warning system which can fire smoke grenades to confuse laser guidance.Other upgrades are an enhanced Auxiliary power unit providing 8.5 KW (from 4.5 KW) and an improved gun barrel,changes in the commander's panoramic sight with eye safe LRF, night vision capability including for driver, digital control harness, new final drive, track and sprocket.

TrueSpirit1

The Nobody
Banned
We will know in due time ..

Options are >>

1. Cummins 1500hp
2. DRDO / OFB 1500hp
3. Ukrainian 1500HP
4. French 1500HP
Would the French offering be a derivative of the same engine that powers Leclerc ? If that is case, IMHO, it should be a good bet.

Decklander

Would the French offering be a derivative of the same engine that powers Leclerc ? If that is case, IMHO, it should be a good bet.
the Cummins engine is about 2/3rd the size of present engine and also lighter which will allow Mk2 to carry more fuel. In addition it is more fuel efficient. It needs to be mated with the gear box. I wud go for cummins engine. this engine also has growth potential for 1800HP.

Dejawolf

dunno how well it works in the desert, the UAE went for the europowerpack for some reason.

Dejawolf

Re: Arjun MK-2 tanks facing Smokey driver chamber in latest tests

Arjun MK-2 tanks facing Smokey driver chamber in latest tests | idrw.org

According to the latest media reports , Arjun MK-2 is facing some technical issues with its main barrel Gun , Reports says while carrying out Anti tank missile tests by Arun MK-2 at Pokhran in Rajasthan this August, during this tests smoke out of the barrel gun was filling up the driver chamber .This problem has serious risk of choking it's driver due to smoke inhalations.

Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) is also aware of this problem and is working on a fix for it , recent issues with the Arjun MK-2 will push Induction of Arjun MK-2 in to Indian army to late 2015 . Indian army has carried out over 60 tests on Arjun MK-2 till date and have tested Improvements and modifications carried over on Arjun MK-2 over Arjun MK-1 .

Indian Army has asked for total of 93 upgrades, including 13 major improvements. The major upgrades would be missile-firing capability against long-range targets, panoramic sight with night vision to engage targets effectively at night, containerisation of the ammunition, enhanced main weapon penetration; additional ammunition types, explosive reactive armour, an advanced air-defence gun to engage helicopters; a mine plough, an advanced land navigation system and a warning system which can fire smoke grenades to confuse laser guidance.Other upgrades are an enhanced Auxiliary power unit providing 8.5 KW (from 4.5 KW) and an improved gun barrel,changes in the commander's panoramic sight with eye safe LRF, night vision capability including for driver, digital control harness, new final drive, track and sprocket.
sounds like a faulty bore evacuator.

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
just give a chance to CVRDE guys before pronouncing verdict,

We don't even know whether it was for a single firing of a missile from the barrel or multiple repeated firings from the barrel,

And what was the amount of smoke that spilled through,

it is too early to jump in on that.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles