AMCA - Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft (HAL)

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
The korean one.
Give me some time ,have some work till evening ,will post at night

Ajax01

Country flag
Bro sorry, I was just Worried after hearing That news and nothing else. I just Expressed my opinion.

I have a request Here.
Could you kindly post whatever information you have with relation to IR materials in India with Regards to AMCA and our other Aerospace projects?
There is one guy in IIT K and his team have developed switchable ir absorbers and a few other ir supressing materials in mwir region

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
There is one guy in IIT K and his team have developed switchable ir absorbers and a few other ir supressing materials in mwir region
Oh ok, but I guess there is no other information on this other than that IIT K guy? Than I guess no problem. Thanks.
I know his name too
What is his name? Could you tell here? I am curious to know that.

Super Flanker

recently the korean PM also commented that their FA50 is better than the Gripen C...such confidence...contrast that with our media A-holes and pseudo-experts and their treatment to a Tejas thats superior to FA50!
Well that's our media in a nutshell, I have seen quite a lot of news in our own Media Which claim bullshit things. Like how you mentioned the undermining of Tejas by our Media.

Super Flanker

probably some official asked if we wanted the jet, chief replied "lets see".
Ok than, I was just really worried there for a moment, if theoretically, Indian Airforce had indeed wanted to buy it than I guess you could say 'Bye Bye Tejas MK-2.
just a marketing gimmick like russians do every time a meeting happens
Yes, I know that, I have seen such things being spread in Russian media for example things like:
-'India shows interest in SU 57'
-'India Shows interest in T-14 tank'

And some other blah blah which I am not going to write here because it's no point in doing so.
Let some things remain undisclosed.
Undisclosed? Ok than as you say bro.

Javelin_Sam

Country flag
"However, even twin F-414 engines are not enough to make the AMCA super-cruise in all configurations. According to the ADA chief: “Each F-414 engine generates a maximum thrust of 98 KiloNewtons (KN), and in Indian climatic conditions that effectively degrades to 90 KN. We have calculated that an AMCA, with the configuration the IAF has specified, requires a thrust of about 220 KN (in Indian conditions) for super-cruising. That means we need twin engines, each generating 110 KN thrust in Indian conditions,” says Deodhare
I don't get this. Supercruising means without afterburner. As per earlier statements from ADA and others, AMCA needs an engine with 75KN dry thrust and 110KN with afterburner. So it has 75+75=150KN total dry thrust for supercruise. Supercruise doesn't use afterburner. So what are they meaning by saying that AMCA requires 220 KN for supercruise. ? 220 KN is the total wet thrust

Vamsi

Country flag
"However, even twin F-414 engines are not enough to make the AMCA super-cruise in all configurations. According to the ADA chief: “Each F-414 engine generates a maximum thrust of 98 KiloNewtons (KN), and in Indian climatic conditions that effectively degrades to 90 KN. We have calculated that an AMCA, with the configuration the IAF has specified, requires a thrust of about 220 KN (in Indian conditions) for super-cruising. That means we need twin engines, each generating 110 KN thrust in Indian conditions,” says Deodhare
I don't get this. Supercruising means without afterburner. As per earlier statements from ADA and others, AMCA needs an engine with 75KN dry thrust and 110KN with afterburner. So it has 75+75=150KN total dry thrust for supercruise. Supercruise doesn't use afterburner. So what are they meaning by saying that AMCA requires 220 KN for supercruise. ? 220 KN is the total wet thrust
He meant overall thrust requirements, not just for supercruise.

MonaLazy

He meant overall thrust requirements, not just for supercruise.
& 110kN in India's hot conditions (air is rarer at same altitude vs colder European climes) means 120-125kN in Europe/USA/Japan- into that we also want to build a 20% growth plan (~150kN) all within 4m length! That engine will be a marvel of engineering when it materializes. Just for reference XF-9 does 108/147kN in 4.8m & the venerable F135 pushes 128/191kN in 5.6m

Last edited:

ash2win

The Shukla article has a lot of details but this is probably the most important one...
Added: always track the money, if money is not being spent don't expect outcomes either.
These are pre-development funding from within ADA. DAC/CCS will have to approve $1b+ funding for full development. The same was the case of mk2 which was approved in 2010 i think.

SARTHAK

Country flag
i hope shhokla ji isn't twisting the statement by deodhare sir

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles