AMCA - Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft (HAL)

IndianHawk

Country flag
So as per shook-law's blogspot , AMCA will carry 1.5T internal weapons + 5 ton external weapons + 6.5 T internal fuel = 13 T.

Since MTOW is 25T, so empty weight will be 12 Tons.
If mtow is just 25 tons and AMCA mk1 will have 2 f414 with 10ton each so 20 ton thrust. That's a pretty good TWR.

In stealth configuration mtow is just 20 tons and TWR then is Superb 1.

About supercruise from Wikipedia

The two Snecma M88s that power the Dassault Rafale enables the Rafale to supercruise with four missiles and a belly drop tank.[11]

So Rafale can supercruise with 4 missiles with just 100 Kn ( 10 ton) dry thrust by 2 M88.

AMCA will have 116 kn (11.6 ton) dry thrust with 2 f414 . So it should be able to do the same.

IndianHawk

Country flag
so is it better than korean ones ??
AMCA even in mk1 phase is leagues ahead of kfx . As kfx mk1 has no internal bays .

Besides india is far ahead in development of radar , avionics and even air to air missiles etc. The base we build for lca is far more robust compared to what minimum work South Korean did for fa-50. All that hard works puts us much ahead of Koreans currently in aerospace engineering.

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
so is it better than korean ones ??
If you are talking about AMCA mk-1 than well that is way ahead of the Korean KF-X fighter.

Korean KF-X is not Meant to be a 5th generation fighter aircraft, maybe in the near future we may see a 5th generation version of it though in the form of maybe a Mark-2?

So again I say that the KF-X is not supposed to be a 5th gen Aircraft but it's actually supposed to be a 4.5 Generation Aircraft and AMCA will be 5th Gen Aircraft, so AMCA is well ahead of the KF-X and there is no Comparison between the Two Aircrafts.

THESIS THORON

Country flag
AMCA even in mk1 phase is leagues ahead of kfx . As kfx mk1 has no internal bays .

Besides india is far ahead in development of radar , avionics and even air to air missiles etc. The base we build for lca is far more robust compared to what minimum work South Korean did for fa-50. All that hard works puts us much ahead of Koreans currently in aerospace engineering.
I was asking abt ir absorbing meta material :lehappy:

Super Flanker

I was asking abt ir absorbing meta material :lehappy:
IR Absorbing Material? Oh I don't know about this though.

I am not sure about which will be superior in terms of IR Absorbing Material, whether it will be AMCA or KF-X but in my opinion, I believe That AMCA will be superior in this case because Generation wise it will be ahead of the KF-X.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
That's the problem there is very little research info on ir meta materials in indian research instittutes. I found just one guy in IIT K and his team is working on it. On the other hand there is truckloads on radar absorbers in india.
are u sure , check faculty of top 5 iit and their achievements u will get a good surprise

Ajax01

Country flag

Super Flanker

query already answered , no need to fill page with zero value addition
Bro sorry, I was just Worried after hearing That news and nothing else. I just Expressed my opinion.
That's the problem there is very little research info on ir meta materials in indian research instittutes. I found just one guy in IIT K and his team is working on it. On the other hand there is truckloads on radar absorbers in india.
I have a request Here.
Could you kindly post whatever information you have with relation to IR materials in India with Regards to AMCA and our other Aerospace projects?

arnab

Country flag

recently the korean PM also commented that their FA50 is better than the Gripen C...such confidence...contrast that with our media A-holes and pseudo-experts and their treatment to a Tejas thats superior to FA50!

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles