Al Jazeera's anti-India narrative

blank_quest

Country flag
Sir,
How do we address this problem?

First step is to acknowledge there is a problem. So starting from accepting the problem exists, what is the plan of action?
I can manage to pay some bucks per month to support a website or forum with an agenda to counter "Anti-India" trends Internationally !:hail:

parijataka

Country flag
The Indian society has totally lost its self-esteem.I don't blame them for all of it.It is thousands of years of continuous repression which has made like this.Another thing is that we also are hypocrites.WE consider ourselves the most austere when we are the most selfish,we consider ourselves the most religious when all our prayers are filled with materialistic desires. Indian society also is immersed in 'hero worship'.Look how gurus or leaders become father figure whose doctrines we follow unquestionably.We never self-reflect.

For ex:
Mahatma Gandhi is unquestionably hailed as the god like figure and whatever comes from him is never suspected.But a critical analysis of gandhi will tell you that his method of handling the hindu-muslim issue brought devastation.

Indians are so much conditioned to 'respect other people religion' that they never sharply analyze the threats from other religions and their agenda....
This micro trait is reflected in the macro trait of India's foreign policy & society.
Agree. I'd like to add that our empathy for other religions stems from a core Hindu belief i.e. all paths lead to the same goal Nirvana/Moksha etc.

As for Mahatma Gandhi's mishandling of Hindu Muslim violence - villagers are better informed than the fools/pseudo intellectuals who pretend to be liberal and appear on TV discussions on a daily basis. I was surprised to see Gandhi ji as well as Nehru much hated figures in rural Rajasthan for reasons that are remembered 60+ years later!

Global Defence

New threads

Articles