AKASH-NG ( next generation )

porky_kicker

Country flag
This one again is a interesting poster on nirbhay

item (6).JPG

Note the terminal homing section

It says RF / EO / IR seeker

This is in addition to INS / GPS

Now the question arises are the RF / EO / IR seekers in combination of 2s or standalone , that we will not know for now, so one can only guess

One combination we already know, ie the dual band seeker I posted above, it operates in visible ( EO ) and MWIR ( IR ) bands

porky_kicker

Country flag
Akash-NG is basically our indigenous Barak 8, but longer and possibly thicker for more range. The reason why Barak 8ER was scrapped. Don't be fooled by its 50km range claim.
Is it vertically launched or inclined launch ?
Any info ?

porky_kicker

Country flag
Unrelated but related

Once I came upon a drdo research paper which talked of combining RF seeker with command guidance.

Based on what I understood it seems the paper was exploring the possibility of the Akash-1S RF seeker working in conjunction with the command guided module of Akash mk1.

When the Akash is launched initially it will be command guided and if conditions permit , Akash will enter end game manuvers with command guidence only.

Again depending on real time operational requirements if the Rajendra radar is painted by airborne jammers/ECMs/fired on by ARMs etc , the radar will switch off just before command guidance inputs positions the missile within the zone where the onboard RF seeker can be activated to begin search for the target in its periphery.

Again even if the missile is not withen the optimal zone where the RF seeker can search and acquire the target and the Rajendra radar is forced to switch off, the onboard memory module preserves the previous command guidance inputs etc and algorithms calculates the trajectory based on them which will guide the missile close to the target where the RF seeker can be switched on to search and lock on its targets.

So basically we have 2 guidence modes for akash. One must realise onboard seeker must be within a predesignated distance from the target before it can successfully search locate and lock on its target.

Rough analogue will be mid course guidance which must be provided first to take the missile close to the target so that the onboard seeker can come into play.

Here command guidance comes into play both as the mid course guidance as well as for end game guidance, with the added benefit that the onboard RF seeker takes over the end game guidence if the command guidance is terminated after mid course guidance phase (even earlier but with drop in kill probability) due to adverse conditions or enemy countermeasures.

Nice touch I must add to increase the potency of Akash sam manifolds if implemented , it really complicates things for enemy aircrafts because they have to detect and defeat 2 types of guidence.

Last edited:

Enquirer

Unrelated but related

Once I came upon a drdo research paper which talked of combining RF seeker with command guidance.

Based on what I understood it seems the paper was exploring the possibility of the Akash-1S RF seeker working in conjunction with the command guided module of Akash mk1.

When the Akash is launched initially it will be command guided and if conditions permit , Akash will enter end game manuvers with command guidence only.

Again depending on real time operational requirements if the Rajendra radar is painted by airborne jammers/ECMs/fired on by ARMs etc , the radar will switch off just before command guidance inputs positions the missile within the zone where the onboard RF seeker can be activated to begin search for the target in its periphery.

Again even if the missile is not withen the optimal zone where the RF seeker can search and acquire the target and the Rajendra radar is forced to switch off, the onboard memory module preserves the previous command guidance inputs etc and algorithms calculates the trajectory based on them which will guide the missile close to the target where the RF seeker can be switched on to search and lock on its targets.

So basically we have 2 guidence modes for akash. One must realise onboard seeker must be within a predesignated distance from the target before it can successfully search locate and lock on its target.

Rough analogue will be mid course guidance which must be provided first to take the missile close to the target so that the onboard seeker can come into play.

Here command guidance comes into play both as the mid course guidance as well as for end game guidance, with the added benefit that the onboard RF seeker takes over the end game guidence if the command guidance is terminated after mid course guidance phase (even earlier but with drop in kill probability) due to adverse conditions or enemy countermeasures.

Nice touch I must add to increase the potency of Akash sam manifolds if implemented , it really complicates things for enemy aircrafts because they have to detect and defeat 2 types of guidence.
That's the principle of all SAMs/AAMs for the last 50+ years :)
Akash Mk1 was based on more than 60 years old concept/tech.

shiphone

Country flag
so called 'Akash new seeker'

--------
the HEAD and TAIL of improved AAD missile

QQ截图20180920023219.jpg

QQ截图20180920023253.jpg

porky_kicker

Country flag
so called 'Akash new seeker'

--------
the HEAD and TAIL of improved AAD missile

View attachment 27889

View attachment 27890
You want me to kick your ass again ?

Don't comment on things you have no idea

For people like you ignorance is a bliss , and let it remain like that.

The only reason I give a pass to you is because it's a waste of time engaging empty brains who make lot of noise

The defence minister was being given a tour of the facility, so by your stupid logic only AAD components was on display there and what evidence you have that radar on display is not Akash seeker , do you have any idea of the lineage , seriously you should try harder not to end up like a joke everytime you post here.

Don't make the mistake again

Last edited:

Jackd

And you.... stop wagging your tail at your idiotic master.

Trying to start a 2 man circus here ?
Someone is a salty girl.
Yeah, we will certainly start a circus with you as the main attraction and we will whip your ass if you don't perform

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles