Air defence for NCR ready; Bangalore next

Param

Not suspecting you, but you made an outrageous statement, so just wanted to know, what exactly you meant
What is so outrageous? The real test of a weapon happens in its first battle.

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
What is so outrageous? The real test of a weapon happens in its first battle.
Your statement applies that the weapon system is dud, I want to know how you reached to this conclusion

Param

Your statement applies that the weapon system is dud, I want to know how you reached to this conclusion
Now when did I say that?:shocked::shocked:

Any weapon is really proven beyond doubt in battle. What's wrong with that statement?

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
Now when did I say that?:shocked::shocked:

Any weapon is really proven beyond doubt in battle. What's wrong with that statement?
Ok, so till then you are supposed to ridicule it.

Reactions: nrj

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Israeli nukes are not even tested, but look at the confidence of Israelis.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Even Agni is not battleproven then, same for most of the ICMBMs in the world. How many times did US BMD shot down ballistic missile ??

This logic is ridiculous :tsk:

plugwater

:rofl: You serious? So until unless some battle happens and it intercept some missiles, we are not supposed to deploy it? And when did PDV became primary interceptor?
When did i say we should not deploy it until its battle proven ? Kindly read carefully before laughing at someone's post.

PDV is one of two interceptors for phase-I, not PAD. since it is superior to AAD, nothing wrong in calling it primary.

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
When did i say we should not deploy it until its battle proven ? Kindly read carefully before laughing at someone's post.

PDV is one of two interceptors for phase-I, not PAD. since it is superior to AAD, nothing wrong in calling it primary.
What was the purpose of the statement " that it is not battle proven" then?

No, PW, PDV is supposed to replace PAD in later phases, as it will come with IIR seeker.

plugwater

Even Agni is not battleproven then, same for most of the ICMBMs in the world. How many times did US BMD shot down ballistic missile ??

This logic is ridiculous :tsk:
All BMDs are not battle proven.

Ballistic missiles can be tested in real time scenario, not much changes between normal time and war time. but you cant say the same thing about BMD. Its entirely a different thing to intercept a missile which was launched by ourselves and enemy missile.

plugwater

What was the purpose of the statement " that it is not battle proven" then?

No, PW, PDV is supposed to replace PAD in later phases, as it will come with IIR seeker.
So its battle proven according to you ?

PAD was never meant for deploying, its a technology demonstrator. PDV is the real one.

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag

Ballistic missiles can be tested in real time scenario, not much changes between normal time and war time. but you cant say the same thing about BMD. Its entirely a different thing to intercept a missile which was launched by ourselves and enemy missile.
what's your point?

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
So its battle proven according to you ?

PAD was never meant for deploying, its a technology demonstrator. PDV is the real one.
Ok, what is the solution then according to you? Are you implying that first battle prove the system and then deploy it?

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag

Then no BMD is battle proven.

plugwater

Ok, what is the solution then according to you? Are you implying that first battle prove the system and then deploy it?
Deploy it to protect our cities. But we will only know in real situations, we don't have much other options, do we ? Since all BMDs available are tested in simulated conditions.

Then no BMD is battle proven.
Yep, already mentioned it.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Its not battle proven, We will know until PA launch Nukes on us..

Till then we are all part of Nuclear Experiment, Just like rats, So does the rest of the world..

Last edited by a moderator:

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
Deploy it to protect our cities. But we will only know in real situations, we don't have much other options, do we ? Since all BMDs available are tested in simulated conditions.
What are those "real conditions"? i am curious to know

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
It'll be next to impossible to protect an area, but it'll be possible to protect a particular location.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles