ADA Tejas (LCA) News and Discussions

Which role suits LCA 'Tejas' more than others from following options?

• Interceptor-Defend Skies from Intruders.

Votes: 342 51.3%
  • Airsuperiority-Complete control of the skies.

Votes: 17 2.5%
  • Strike-Attack deep into enemy zone.

Votes: 24 3.6%
  • Multirole-Perform multiple roles.

Votes: 284 42.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
You're pathetic!!
You constantly keep deflecting the topic to escape shame!

I stopped reacting to your vomit/diarrhea! One of your 'chelas' seemed to echo your words, and I had to respond.

How many public floggings do you get from me everyday?? And you shamelessly keep pretending that your ass is not whipped and keep coming back for more!!!
In such a short duration, it had plummeted from four kilometres above sea level to just 900 metresbefore the pilot hit to the throttle again to take to the skies."..

What does it mean???
PILOT HIT THE THROTTLE AGAIN.

just rinse you fingers &mouth in toilet cleaning liquid,

Before using them here again.

Because,
Is it akin to a formula one race car entering a corner at 200 + kmph ,

Breaking

Transferring it's momentum in a different direction,
Then getting the same 200+ hour speed back

or?

Without breaking it maintained the same 200+ km speed through out the curve.

Remember it's a steep dive to 900 mts above sea levelaltitude,

With close to km per sec speed (4 kms in 5 seconds)

Then for the flight to get level,

The speed should be reduced by the effort to pull up is my opinion,

But whether it was reduced enough for plane to go subsonic & then supersonic again is the issue

Enquirer

"In such a short duration, it had plummeted from four kilometres above sea level to just 900 metresbefore the pilot hit to the throttle again to take to the skies."..

What does it mean???
PILOT HIT THE THROTTLE AGAIN.

just rinse you fingers & mouth in toilet cleaning liquid,

Before using them here again.

Because,
Is it akin to a formula one race car entering a corner at 200 + kmph ,

Breaking

Transferring it's momentum in a different direction,
Then getting the same 200+ hour speed back

or?

Without breaking it maintained the same 200+ km speed through out the curve.

Remember it's a steep dive to 900 mts above sea level altitude,

With close to km per sec speed (4 kms in 5 seconds)

Then for the flight to get level,

The speed should be reduced by the effort to pull up is my opinion,

But whether it was reduced enough for plane to go subsonic & then supersonic again is the issue
I am sure your 'chelas' appreciate everything you have to say.
I am simply going to ignore it!

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
This sound much logical. You can not travel 3100m in simple free fall in 5 second as g value is 9.8m/s. Plane struck a 1860 KM speed on an average during that 5 second. This speed is not possible in free fall.
Reporters are mixing up two flight test points cleared in one sortie is my opinion.

Plane undertook flutter test,
Plane went supersonic at sea level.

Both of them are done in a single sortie is prone to multiple interpretation.

Some wish to believe that tejas is supersonic only in dive at sea level.

Others believe ,"flight envelope expansions" to supersonic at sea level means , it is capable of going supersonic at sea level in level flight.

However I think susperssonic at all altitudes mentioned in PIB release during IOC,

Is not supersonic in dive at sea level ,

Thats what I think.

I will post the CEMILAC which chart for tejad

Enquirer

bhai tumdono miyan bibi ke jaghde ne pure thread ki band baja di hai
bas karo be.......
hope you guys will take note ....
thanks
everydays i think something new will be there but ends up ........
Oh yaar!
Kachde ki safai karte waqt thoda bahut badboo sehna padta hai!
Safaai se dar gaye tho saalo tak bhimaari phelegi !
Yahaan ek khokla shaks, jab jee me aaye lota leke bait jaatha tha
Logon ko uski badboo ki aadat pad gayi thi
Kisi ko tho usko laath maar ke bhagana tha
Agyan ki bhimaari se bachana tha

And you're welcome :)

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
"Take for example the dive from 4000 m altitude! Even if there was NO AIR RESISTANCE at all, a vertical dive (a free fall) from 4000 meters will NEVER attain supersonic speed. Simple math & physics!!!
Add in air resistance, the drag would reduce the free fall velocity drastically (even in a nose dive)!"

Some nut case is bluffing again.
I didnt claim tejas undertook a supersonic powered dive,

During the dive pilot didnt give any throttle.

In such a short duration, it had plummeted from four kilometres above sea level to just 900 metresbefore the pilot hit to the throttle again to take to the skies."..

What does it mean???
PILOT HIT THE THROTTLE .AGAIN.

It is implied that it is not a full after burner power dive,

Some delusional nut cases will flaunt ,"basic physics, geography" etc.

But fact is during the dive, pilot didn't give it a throttle.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Reporters are mixing up two flight test points cleared in one sortie is my opinion.

Plane undertook flutter test,
Plane went supersonic at sea level.

Both of them are done in a single sortie is prone to multiple interpretation.

Some wish to believe that tejas is supersonic only in dive at sea level.

Others believe ,"flight envelope expansions" to supersonic at sea level means , it is capable of going supersonic at sea level in level flight.

However I think susperssonic at all altitudes mentioned in PIB release during IOC,

Is not supersonic in dive at sea level ,

Thats what I think.

I will post the CEMILAC which chart for tejad
That may be confusing but as the article states, descent of 3100 m in 5 second is not possible without power flight you can not fall 3100 m merely with gravity in 5 second unless you start descent with a great speed (Supersonic) at t=0 time. That is a limited point I want put forward to knowledgeable members.

pankaj nema

Country flag
@ersakthivel

For Tejas to attract the " public " attention and attain public confidence ; will be a long and tedious affair

At least five more years till IAF deploys Tejas MK 1 at a frontline base ; Sulur is not a frontline air base

By the way even BR people have lost interest in Tejas MK 1 ; they are also waiting for MK 1A

Chinmoy

Country flag
I have the same doubt.. But can it be called truly supersonic if it reaches supersonic only in dive and not in level flight. I thought the fighters ought to be tested for supersonic speeds in level flight only.
If the diving case is true then tejas would not be just able to put on reheat and get out of any engagement quickly. And is IAF OK with that?
Tejas is supersonic at all altitudes.

http://www.tejas.gov.in/specifications/leading_particulars_and_performance.html

But it depends on how you fly supersonic. At altitude there is cruising speed of planes and this speed is not supersonic. Supersonic speed is achieved primarily by after burning at any given altitude unless and untill you are talking about supercruise.

kstriya

Country flag
I think you have no idea what your saying , before calling people names I would refrain do so. Either you don’t know what your saying or have a nasty rashes in our underwear. Kid you have no idea who you are talking too. My question was very pertinent and you did not answer that, just blabbing in this forum does not get you any awards. I request the Mods to warm this unnecessary guy to stop calling names and have some decorum...
You're pathetic!!
You constantly keep deflecting the topic to escape shame!

I stopped reacting to your vomit/diarrhea! One of your 'chelas' seemed to echo your words, and I had to respond.

How many public floggings do you get from me everyday?? And you shamelessly keep pretending that your ass is not whipped and keep coming back for more!!!
s gu

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Every-one who is cooking their cooking level of knowledge, open new thread. It is better for you and others. Better to keep this thread as informative to Tejas and not personification.
bhai tumdono miyan bibi ke jaghde ne pure thread ki band baja di hai
bas karo be.......
hope you guys will take note ....
thanks
everydays i think something new will be there but ends up ........
Gentle men Let me put and end to it.

Scenario 1 (Power flight)

The Descent started at Zero velocity.

To travel a distance of 3100 m from Starting speed Zero, an acceleration of 248m /Second is required for 5 second to travel 3100 m. So Plane started Descent at t=0 time with initial velocity of 0 m/s and reached to 900 m from 4000 m in 5 second by accelerating at 248m/s which is a very high acceleration and not possible.

Scenario II
It fell under free fall in Gravity.
Initial velocity at t=0 time was 595.5 m/s. It increased the velocity at the rate of 9.8 m/s and and covered the distance of 3100 m i.e from 4000 m to 900 m in 5 second. So if this was the case, speed of plane at t=5 seconds i.e when pilot pulled the liver , the velocity was 718 m/s which does not seem possible as it was a speed of Mach 2+.

Conclusion:
When the plane started descent or when the measurement of descent begun, plane had some initial velocity and plane accelerated in Descent. Infact, the figures in article seems wrong at 3100m/s as it translates into an average speed of 2200 km + which we have never heard about Tejas even in falling flight with engine is full throttle on. .

Prashant12

Country flag
CSIR laboratory to manufacture critical composite air-frame components for LCA Tejas.

Usage of indigenously developed technology lightens air-frame by 20%.

CSIR-National Aerospace Laboratories (CSIR-NAL) has received an order of more than Rs 100cr for delivering critical composite air-frame components to Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL), for the LCA-Tejas Full Operational Capability (FOC) standard aircraft.

Composite technology is one of the critical technologies that make the LCA a 4th generation fighter aircraft. The challenges were to develop the co-cured complex components indigenously during the time of technology denials and sanctions from other countries. Moreover, the autoclaves necessary for processing composite materials were also developed indigenously by CSIR-NAL. This homegrown technology developed by CSIR-NAL was used in realizing primary air-frame components of LCA like Fin, Rudder, Wing Spars and Fairings, Centre Fuselage and Main Landing Gear components.

DG-CSIR, Dr Girish Sahni while congratulating the team at CSIR-NAL stated that the use of this co-curing technology in LCA has resulted in 40% reduction in the part count, 50% reduction in the number of fasteners, and 30% reduction in the assembly time when compared to a conventional metallic air-frame. The usage of composites has led to an overall weight reduction of about 20% in the air-frame.

“It is a matter of pride for the country that LCA’s percentage deployment of composites is one of the highest among contemporary aircraft of its class anywhere in the world and this order of Rs 100 crore plus value is a major achievement for CSIR and highlights CSIR’s commitment towards the Make in India initiative” said Dr. Sahni.

CSIR-NAL’s collaboration with LCA program started from technology demonstrator (2 aircrafts) to prototype development (5 aircrafts) to limited series production (8 aircrafts) and Initial Operational Capability (IOC) standard production aircrafts (SP1 to SP20). The initial IOC order of 20 sets is nearing completion. CSIR-NAL has now further received an order to supply additional 20 sets of parts for FOC standard aircraft (SP21-SP40) at a cost of Rs 100cr plus including development of tooling. CSIR-NAL has identified a private industry, M/s Tata Advanced Materials Limited (TAML), Bengaluru, as a production partner.

http://pib.nic.in/PressReleaseIframePage.aspx?PRID=1543714

Enquirer

I think you have no idea what your saying , before calling people names I would refrain do so. Either you don’t know what your saying or have a nasty rashes in our underwear. Kid you have no idea who you are talking too. My question was very pertinent and you did not answer that, just blabbing in this forum does not get you any awards. I request the Mods to warm this unnecessary guy to stop calling names and have some decorum...

s gu
You're a perfect 'chela' of that fraud guy!
You can copy-paste his words and yell mindlessly, but can never understand anything!
Your question was more than adequately answered by me and several other members. Few other members have nicely summarized the answers. If you don't understand any, it's because your head's filled with ersakthivel's excrement!
You chose to attack me, I'll pay you back that favor and then some!

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
Gentle men Let me put and end to it.

Scenario 1 (Power flight)

The Descent started at Zero velocity.

To travel a distance of 3100 m from Starting speed Zero, an acceleration of 248m /Second is required for 5 second to travel 3100 m. So Plane started Descent at t=0 time with initial velocity of 0 m/s and reached to 900 m from 4000 m in 5 second by accelerating at 248m/s which is a very high acceleration and not possible.

Scenario II
It fell under free fall in Gravity.
Initial velocity at t=0 time was 595.5 m/s. It increased the velocity at the rate of 9.8 m/s and and covered the distance of 3100 m i.e from 4000 m to 900 m in 5 second. So if this was the case, speed of plane at t=5 seconds i.e when pilot pulled the liver , the velocity was 718 m/s which does not seem possible as it was a speed of Mach 2+.

Conclusion:
When the plane started descent or when the measurement of descent begun, plane had some initial velocity and plane accelerated in Descent. Infact, the figures in article seems wrong at 3100m/s as it translates into an average speed of 2200 km + which we have never heard about Tejas even in falling flight with engine is full throttle on. .
My opinion is,

both the test points ,

1.flutter test ,

2.sea level super sonic speed

were achieved in the same sortie,

confusion arises , when we try to fit the super sonic flight of tejas at sea level ,

in the procedure undertaken for flutter test,

Because the 3100 meters distance travelled is only possible for a 90 degree perpendicular dive,

but the report says tilt at 5 degree, 10 degree, which are confusing to say the least.

Also report clearly says that pilot took his hands off the controls through out the dive & didnot give any throttle input.,

& then

throttled the plane once it reached close to sea level.

No initial speed, dive speed, are mentioned.

https://www.drdo.gov.in/drdo/pub/dss/2009/main/2-CEMILAC.pdf

This is the CEMILAC report,

which talks about correcting the sudden cross sectional increase between 5 to 6 meter's length.

which will reduce wave drag by certain percentage point.

other than that cross sectional area between 5m to 6m tejas conforms to whitcom's rule

other than that some modifications for pylons & rear fuselage were also suggested , which were implemented as per the report.

Goa sea level flutter testing took place after this report or before? that needs clarification.

naval tejas has already implemented CEMILAC smoothening this section between 5 to 6m is what I read a long while back.

All this has been discussed eons back here,in the page below,

https://defenceforumindia.com/forum/threads/ada-tejas-lca-news-and-discussions.1/page-224

Last edited:

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
You're a perfect 'chela' of that fraud guy!
You can copy-paste his words and yell mindlessly, but can never understand anything!
Your question was more than adequately answered by me and several other members. Few other members have nicely summarized the answers. If you don't understand any, it's because your head's filled with ersakthivel's excrement!
You chose to attack me, I'll pay you back that favor and then some!

"All the so called drag for not following Whitcomb's rule more rigidly comes into play only in super sonic flight regime, not in subsonic flight regime of WVR combat speeds.

So no drag issues here also."

This is Indranil Roy's comment at BR about CEMILAC report.

Will you enroll in Bharath Rakshak to teach him, "basic aerodynamisc " also????

ROFL.

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
@ersakthivel

For Tejas to attract the " public " attention and attain public confidence ; will be a long and tedious affair

At least five more years till IAF deploys Tejas MK 1 at a frontline base ; Sulur is not a frontline air base

By the way even BR people have lost interest in Tejas MK 1 ; they are also waiting for MK 1A

"All the so called drag for not following Whitcomb's rule more rigidly comes into play only in super sonic flight regime, not in subsonic flight regime of WVR combat speeds.

SO area rule of Whitcomb has no relationship with STR, ITR, AOA, max Gs etc,

Indranil ROy is a very credible authentic source,

Not like our forum Eggspurts,

So rest assured, that there is no confidence issues on tejas,

indian hot & humid weather conditions sap significant wing lift & engine thrust from ISDA conditions(for which MNC fighters give their specs)

Add to that during flutter tests in Goa tejas had 400 Kg of flight testing equipment still on board

Effective combat range with effective weapon load will depend upon the criteria called fuel fraction, i.e weight of internal fuel/empty operational weight of the fighter.

In this area even tejas mk1 better than gripen C.

Then a question arises why range of tejas was often quoted less, it may be due to the reason that new super sonic center line fuel tank was not validated till IOC-2, Even without that The press information beruau release clearly stated that the combat radius of tejas is 500 Km.

But other fighter makers give misleading combat range figures with minimum weapon config and high altitude(less fuel consuming flight path) with no allocation for close combat and AB thrust and low penetration mode.

Roughly the fuel fraction above will give us effective combat utilization of the fighter.

Su-30MK: 34.9%(Empty weight: 17,700 kg,Internal fuel: 9,500 kg)

Rafale: 31.4% ~ 33.6%(Empty weight: 9,500 ~ 10,220 kg,Internal fuel: 4,680 ~ 4,800 kg)

JAS-39NG: 30.6%(Empty weight: 7,100 kg,Internal fuel: 3,130 kg)

MIG-35: 28.6%(Empty weight: 12,000 kg,Internal fuel: 4,800 kg)

Tejas: 27.0%(Empty weight: 6,500 kg,Internal fuel: 2,400 kg)

JF-17: 26.3%(Empty weight: 6,450 kg,Internal fuel: 2,300 kg)

JAS-39C: 25.0%(Empty weight: 6,800 kg,Internal fuel: 2,268 kg)

This is a fair comparison of fuel fractions with just internal fuel , and the same percentage will more or less reflect with external fuels also,

So Tejas mk-1(which still has 400 KG of flight test equipment on board, removal of them will lead to even better fuel fraction) itself has much better fuel fractions than grippen C/D with more TW ratio and lower wing loading,

There are many "AERODYNAMIC EGGSPURTS WHO SCHOOL IN THE "AERODYNAMIC OF con art", WHICH EXPOUNDS A SIMPLE RULE, THAT WING LOADING IS INSIGNIFICANT STUFF

bELOW IS THE GREEK AIRFORCE PILOT COMMENTS WHICH WILL LEAVE YOU IN NO DOUBT ABOUT WHAT WING LOADING IS & WHY LOW WING LOADING DELTAS RULE.

Remeber tejas mk1 itself has lower wing loading than Mirage 2000 & better TWR than mirage 2000,

http://www.f-16.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1872

"As far as the M2000 vs F-16 comparison is concerned, I should add something totally practical which comes from daily usage of both types in HAF. What I want to say is generally that when a HAF M2000 wants to engage a Viper, it leads the Viper at low altitude where the M2000 connot be beaten in any way.

I haven't seen yet any aircraft-apart from Su-27 family,which is, for me, the best aircraft ever built-that can achieve "Kill Hour" on a M2000 below 6-7,000 ft no matter the aspect between them.

Ok? I have nothing else to add,as Fantasma337 -ask him about F-4E, I think no one else knows more about this aircraft- and the other Greek friends covered me and gave you a very clear picture about the M2000.

PS: I should mention that this is not a thread talking about HAF and TuAF or Greeks' and Turks' politics.

I served in an M2K fighter squadron in HAF. We analyzed tactics and combat scores against HAF F-16 squadrons all the time.

The M2Ks higher INSTANTANEOUS turn rate gives it an advantage during the first pass. The F-16 cannot outturn the Mirage. It has to climb in hopes of avoiding the lock.

A good M2K pilot will end it right there (the Magic 2 is a better IR weapon than the AIM-9L/M).

THIS IS DUE TO LOWER WING LOADING RSS delta airframe of Mirage 2000, even though higher wing loading F16 enjoys thrust to weight ratio advantage over Mirage 2000

A rookie in the M2K, however, will probably lose the F-16's climb. The more powerful viper will escape and will then gain the advantage because of 1) Altitude 2) Higher SUSTAINABLE turn rate.

As for turn rates, altitude differences are purely theoretical and in practice make no difference EXCEPT for sea level manuevers where the more powerful Viper starts gaining the advantage.
Would you agree with the statement that F-16 is a better choice for multi role missions than Mirage 2000
?

ALL FIGHTER MAKES GIVE THEIR STR, ITR, AOA MAX g SPECS AT SEA LEVEL ISDA CONDITIONS,

Absolutely. The M2K is a multi-role fighter also, but its performance varies greatly among roles - whereas the Viper performs almost all missions at a very satisfactory level.

HAF M2Ks are specialized. 331's (where I served) primary role is now TASMO (naval strike with AM-39 Exocet) and 332's primary role will become Deep Strike (with SCALP EG). CAP & Air Supremacy are their secondary roles.

The F-16 sqdns OTOH undertake a number of roles such as SEAD, CAP, CAS, and numerous specialized strike missions (enemy AFBs, enemy C&C centers etc). The Viper is a much more volatile weapons system".
http://www.f-16.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=1872&sid=9792b3c0fa2ea774a3b775e8d457200d&start=30
"Read an article in the magazine "Illustrated Aircraft" from March 2005 where a HAF MIRA 330 squadron commander states the following:

"I'm very satisfied with the F-16 - in fact, I love it. In particular I love the Block 30."

He also states about the Mirage 2000 used mainly for Air to Air:

"It's an effective fighter, which the f-16 can't beat in a dogfight."

He ends by saying:

"The F-16 is much better multi-roll combat jet... it really is the complete package..."

To me this captures it in a nutshell."

Last edited:

pankaj nema

Country flag

SO area rule of Whitcomb has no relationship with STR, ITR, AOA, max Gs etc,

Indranil ROy is a very credible authentic source,

Not like our forum Eggspurts,

So rest assured, that there is no confidence issues on tejas,

indian hot & humid weather conditions sap significant wing lift & engine thrust from ISDA conditions(for which MNC fighters give their specs)

Add to that during flutter tests in Goa tejas had 400 Kg of flight testing equipment still on board

Effective combat range with effective weapon load will depend upon the criteria called fuel fraction, i.e weight of internal fuel/empty operational weight of the fighter.

In this area even tejas mk1 better than gripen C.

Then a question arises why range of tejas was often quoted less, it may be due to the reason that new super sonic center line fuel tank was not validated till IOC-2, Even without that The press information beruau release clearly stated that the combat radius of tejas is 500 Km.

But other fighter makers give misleading combat range figures with minimum weapon config and high altitude(less fuel consuming flight path) with no allocation for close combat and AB thrust and low penetration mode.

Roughly the fuel fraction above will give us effective combat utilization of the fighter.

Su-30MK: 34.9%(Empty weight: 17,700 kg,Internal fuel: 9,500 kg)

Rafale: 31.4% ~ 33.6%(Empty weight: 9,500 ~ 10,220 kg,Internal fuel: 4,680 ~ 4,800 kg)

JAS-39NG: 30.6%(Empty weight: 7,100 kg,Internal fuel: 3,130 kg)

MIG-35: 28.6%(Empty weight: 12,000 kg,Internal fuel: 4,800 kg)

Tejas: 27.0%(Empty weight: 6,500 kg,Internal fuel: 2,400 kg)

JF-17: 26.3%(Empty weight: 6,450 kg,Internal fuel: 2,300 kg)

JAS-39C: 25.0%(Empty weight: 6,800 kg,Internal fuel: 2,268 kg)

This is a fair comparison of fuel fractions with just internal fuel , and the same percentage will more or less reflect with external fuels also,

So Tejas mk-1(which still has 400 KG of flight test equipment on board, removal of them will lead to even better fuel fraction) itself has much better fuel fractions than grippen C/D with more TW ratio and lower wing loading,
Lets hope that FOC is completed
By 2018 December

Tejas needs a positive narrative

That will come with some good announcements

They should put up Tejas in Mock fights with Mig 29 and Mirage 2000 and announce the Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles