ADA Tejas (LCA) News and Discussions

Which role suits LCA 'Tejas' more than others from following options?

• Interceptor-Defend Skies from Intruders.

Votes: 342 51.3%
  • Airsuperiority-Complete control of the skies.

Votes: 17 2.5%
  • Strike-Attack deep into enemy zone.

Votes: 24 3.6%
  • Multirole-Perform multiple roles.

Votes: 284 42.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

abingdonboy

Country flag
This is video must have shot sometime back. SP-10 is beyond equipping. Maybe under ground checks, as we speak.

The Sp-10 is coming next month(April).

View attachment 24090
Video was shot sometime after March 13th (he mentions that date in past tense in video)

SP-10 doesn’t look that close to being completed in this video, are the wings even mated?

abingdonboy

Country flag
Let’s see how tests progress before celebrating, DRDO seemed to have turned a corner lately BUT we also have to be wary of the issues in the not to distant past, how long ago did NAG enter trails for instance?

Link to the full episode plz.

Interesting, T Suvarna Raju, the CMD in Flight Suit. Maybe he has also flown in Tejas T. PR is really getting aggressive.

Once Tejas reaches 16+8 per year rate, meeting small-scale export order won't be any hard.
HAL needs many times more orders to justify production above 16/year. 20+/year will be hard to justify for an increasingly profit driven HAL, will they increase production above 16 for an order of just 83 MK.1As so that they have no work beyond 2023/4? Only way to get HAL to increase production is to order 50% more MK.1A otherwise I don’t see 16/year being exceeded until Mk.2 is in production.

+ good to see HAL CMD in flight suit and actively talking up LCA, HAL taking ownership of LCA is only a good thing.
They say design is complete and only jammer pod and Radar is left. HAL will buy off the shelf radar and with performance comparison with Drdo radar, it will choose the best. That means mk1a is well off for 2 to 3 years.

Sent from my Aqua Ace II using Tapatalk
No off the shelf radar ordered yet.
I don't know why this all is happening..
BUT, let's get some facts right:

No IAF fighter is equipped with AESA as of now.. Rafael will come in couple of years.

Its not like without AESA, there will be no radar.. Elta 2032 is there, so don't worry.
1) Rafale is only about 18 months away from IAF service
2) AESA is what IAF asked for, HAL had better deliver it. No point in moving goal posts and saying “oh but no other fighter has it”. That’s irrelevant.

It will be a HUGE selling point for LCA to have AESA and a coup for the project as it will be able to rightly claim it is one of the most advanced fighters the IAF has ever operated, in terms of technology MK.1A will be a step ahead of even the MKI, only the Rafale will be ahead of it in pure sophistication how crazy is that?!

Rahul Singh

Country flag
Is it Sp-12 or 17?

As per achieved rate of production, if SP-10 is under equipping then no. 11 & 12 must be under coupling.

11.jpg

Rahul Singh

Country flag
SP-10 doesn’t look that close to being completed in this video, are the wings even mated?
Not in the video.

HAL needs many times more orders to justify production above 16/year. 20+/year will be hard to justify for an increasingly profit driven HAL, will they increase production above 16 for an order of just 83 MK.1As so that they have no work beyond 2023/4? Only way to get HAL to increase production is to order 50% more MK.1A otherwise I don’t see 16/year being exceeded until Mk.2 is in production.
A lot depends on further orders of course. Maybe more MK-1As or export orders.

After 2025 HAL will also have to upgrade MK-1 to MK-1A. So there will be some work besides the production of new examples.

abingdonboy

Country flag
Not in the video.

A lot depends on further orders of course. Maybe more MK-1As or export orders.

After 2025 HAL will also have to upgrade MK-1 to MK-1A. So there will be some work besides the production of new examples.
Cannot count on export orders, and this is mostly because India’s completely flawed/non-existent arms export policy.

Only recently have even modest products been offered to friendly nations and that too in a rather passive manner.

Is India going to be able to compete in the notoriously cutthroat global arms market going up against long established giants with full backing from their respective govts? Really hard to imagine that.

Chinese who have many times more influence in many markets and are willing to offer attractive financing options have been less than stellar in selling their suped up Mig-21 (JF 17).

Rahul Singh

Country flag
Cannot count on export orders, and this is mostly because India’s completely flawed/non-existent arms export policy.

Only recently have even modest products been offered to friendly nations and that too in a rather passive manner.

Is India going to be able to compete in the notoriously cutthroat global arms market going up against long established giants with full backing from their respective govts? Really hard to imagine that.

Chinese who have many times more influence in many markets and are willing to offer attractive financing options have been less than stellar in selling their suped up Mig-21 (JF 17).
For 60 years Congress had been in power. And it has milked taxpayers in the name of immediate defence requirements since 1948(The Jeep Scandal). Developing an indigenous MIC was contrary to its financial interests let alone developing an Export promotion body. .........I leave it to that. Elaborating it will be a waste of time.

Fast forward to present. Present GOI's tacticians are master players and their works are now more visible than ever.

GOI(MOD) has not only set an export worth 2 billion USD target for 2019 but also expediting indigenous defence production. And for start, DRDO is teaming up with Brahmos aerospace to market its products. There are some really fine products like Brahmos, Pinaka, Prahar, Dhanush, ATAGS(under development), Dhruv, LCH, LUH, Tejas MK-1, UTTAM+Astra MK-1, a wide range of Air launched PGMs, a wide range of Radars, a range of Warships, a range of EW equipment etc.

Recently Team Tejas has launched aggressive PR campaign under which they have flown multiple high-level dignitaries. During last AI they also conducted multiple customer demonstration sorties. Least it has done put Tejas on the international map as a low-cost cutting edge fighter option.

Once IFR is certified Tejas would be sent to almost all major air shows. Confirms FB admin. They might even keep a couple of air show ready fighters.

I see Tejas in Vietnam and SLAAF at least. Once Safaranized Kaveri gets operational sells to many other nations would be possible.

I am hopeful. By 2024 much would have changed.

kamaal

Country flag
For 60 years Congress had been in power. And it has milked taxpayers in the name of immediate defence requirements since 1948(The Jeep Scandal). Developing an indigenous MIC was contrary to its financial interests let alone developing an Export promotion body. .........I leave it to that. Elaborating it will be a waste of time.

Fast forward to present. Present GOI's tacticians are master players and their works are now more visible than ever.

GOI(MOD) has not only set an export worth 2 billion USD target for 2019 but also expediting indigenous defence production. And for start, DRDO is teaming up with Brahmos aerospace to market its products. There are some really fine products like Brahmos, Pinaka, Prahar, Dhanush, ATAGS(under development), Dhruv, LCH, LUH, Tejas MK-1, UTTAM+Astra MK-1, a wide range of Air launched PGMs, a wide range of Radars, a range of Warships, a range of EW equipment etc.

Recently Team Tejas has launched aggressive PR campaign under which they have flown multiple high-level dignitaries. During last AI they also conducted multiple customer demonstration sorties. Least it has done put Tejas on the international map as a low-cost cutting edge fighter option.

Once IFR is certified Tejas would be sent to almost all major air shows. Confirms FB admin. They might even keep a couple of air show ready fighters.

I see Tejas in Vietnam and SLAAF at least. Once Safaranized Kaveri gets operational sells to many other nations would be possible.

I am hopeful. By 2024 much would have changed.
I think the recent PR campaign to promote LCA is just to protect the project which was looking almost finished during 2012-15 phase, but thanks to some nationalist within MOD who rescued LCA from foreign lobby.

I always advocate LCA should have been pushed in SLAAF as their only taks to fly a jet is to do coastal & land surveillance and LCA in its current specification suits them. But I think that'll require a little extra then just pushing them, first of all we'll have to prove the product by forcing IAF to accept more LCA.

But it is also very important to note that AESA, IFR, other Electronic equipment might be essential for IAF but it will be expensive to some of our possible customers, hence MK1 with any ordinary radar and limited feature must be offered to give a value for money product like JF-17. And the life cycle cost should not increase more than 55-60 $ million.

Kshithij

DharmaYoddha
I think the recent PR campaign to promote LCA is just to protect the project which was looking almost finished during 2012-15 phase, but thanks to some nationalist within MOD who rescued LCA from foreign lobby.

I always advocate LCA should have been pushed in SLAAF as their only taks to fly a jet is to do coastal & land surveillance and LCA in its current specification suits them. But I think that'll require a little extra then just pushing them, first of all we'll have to prove the product by forcing IAF to accept more LCA.

But it is also very important to note that AESA, IFR, other Electronic equipment might be essential for IAF but it will be expensive to some of our possible customers, hence MK1 with any ordinary radar and limited feature must be offered to give a value for money product like JF-17. And the life cycle cost should not increase more than 55-60 $ million.
MK1 will most likely abandoned after 123 productions. The Mk2 is what India may be looking forwards to.

Also. please note that the next decade will see magic happening. Don't expect status quo and hence kindly refrain from extrapolating costs. The Petroleum heat will start in the next decade which will change the status quo.

AMCA

Country flag
Video was shot sometime after March 13th (he mentions that date in past tense in video)

I saw this video on Zee news and the reporter there was saying that SP9 will be in air in next 24hours, therefore we can safely assume that the video is not more than a week old.
HAL official was saying that SP10 is in equipping stage and will be in air within a month.

Rahul Singh

Country flag
It's Doval's brain work. He has talked about the importance of defence industry many times during talks before he became NSA.

Anyway, it is serving a dual purpose.

1) It made everyone clear that Modi lead GoI won't compromise with indigenisation (with everyone, I mean import lobby that comprises from people within military ranks to MoD to politicians to career Dalals).

2) Make it too big to fail. Hence aggressive PR campaign and approval for MK-2 with a written consent for 201.

Given that Mig-29K's problem that Navy now wants ADA+HAL to fix. It is to see light soon enough and sit together with IAF for agreeing on a common model for both versions of MK-2.

When the time arrives SLAF and VPAF will get versions of Tejas not necessarily same or similar as IAF Tejas. Export versions are significantly different. they can be customised to suit technical as well as financial needs of customers.

For once SLAF does not need an AESA, VPAF sure does. So SLAF might buy Tejas Mk-1 while VPAF will choose MK-1A.

Rahul Singh

Country flag
Tejas demonstrated the swing role capability of firing an Air-to-Ground weapon and an Air-to-air missile within the alloted time.

https://www.facebook.com/tejas.lca/
Tejas LCA:

From the archives of Iron Fist 2013..

This was the event, where Tejas demonstrated the swing role capability of firing an Air-to-Ground weapon and an Air-to-air missile within the alloted time. This exercise called for a standby aircraft in air with the same configuration in case the main aircraft backs out for some reason.

Seen here is the standby aircraft landing back in dusk with both the stores in place.
We dedicate this image to the team which is responsible for managing the stores in all stations. This team ensures that all go well with respect to the sequence of activities.

Jai Hind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles