ADA Tejas (LCA) News and Discussions

Which role suits LCA 'Tejas' more than others from following options?

• Interceptor-Defend Skies from Intruders.

Votes: 342 51.3%
  • Airsuperiority-Complete control of the skies.

Votes: 17 2.5%
  • Strike-Attack deep into enemy zone.

Votes: 24 3.6%
  • Multirole-Perform multiple roles.

Votes: 284 42.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adioz

शक्तिः दुर्दम्येच्छाशक्त्याः आगच्छति
Let us all write our argument to PMO website...well I did that sometime back & got reply that they forwarded that to HAL..
I have basically asked them to increase production rate for Tejas..
Let us write to Sitharaman instead. We should make every technical, technological, economic, strategic and emotional argument that we can make in that letter. We can include a pros vs cons list for the options the Air Force wants to take and the one we are suggesting. We can sign it off as a letter from all members of DFI, instead of a letter from a single person. Also, we could attach the letter to a tweet and tag her if they ignore us or give us an unsatisfactory reply. Although the chances are slim, we might be able to change something. Hope is all we have.

Edit: We could forward copies to PMO, Air HQ, HAL and ADA (and maybe to Sandeep Unnithan?).

soikot banerjee

Country flag
Let us write to Sitharaman instead. We should make every technical, technological, economic, strategic and emotional argument that we can make in that letter. We can include a pros vs cons list for the options the Air Force wants to take and the one we are suggesting. We can sign it off as a letter from all members of DFI, instead of a letter from a single person. Also, we could attach the letter to a tweet and tag her if they ignore us or give us an unsatisfactory reply. Although the chances are slim, we might be able to change something. Hope is all we have.

Edit: We could forward copies to PMO, Air HQ, HAL and ADA (and maybe to Sandeep Unnithan?).
I can write it after 5/10/17 after my exams are over put it over here for further edits or any other member can also do the same...Regarding me after 5/10 I can write a proper big a$$ letter to her, you guys can pour in more facts!

Adioz

शक्तिः दुर्दम्येच्छाशक्त्याः आगच्छति
I can write it after 5/10/17 after my exams are over put it over here for further edits or any other member can also do the same...Regarding me after 5/10 I can write a proper big a$$ letter to her, you guys can pour in more facts!
IMHO its better to make a new thread for it.

HarshBardhan

Casper
Tejas is a great and potent light fighter. It is a next generation replacement for the MiG-21. The only thing lacking is the self protection jammer system. There isn't enough space in mk1 to install Dare's unified ew suite which had a jammer. The mk1A will have an external jammer pod on a mer hard point. Are there any plans to integrate a jammer pod on the current batch of 40 Tejas? Without a jammer pod the Tejas will be vulnerable while facing hostile Air superiority jets.

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
we need money for further development s of tejas ...and guys cool down ,iaf asked for more Rafael s but only 36 sanctioned, hope govt will sanction some se fighters to make happy iaf and rest will be tajas ....our own tejas

soikot banerjee

Country flag
Tejas is a great and potent light fighter. It is a next generation replacement for the MiG-21. The only thing lacking is the self protection jammer system. There isn't enough space in mk1 to install Dare's unified ew suite which had a jammer. The mk1A will have an external jammer pod on a mer hard point. Are there any plans to integrate a jammer pod on the current batch of 40 Tejas? Without a jammer pod the Tejas will be vulnerable while facing hostile Air superiority jets.
Dr S cristopher once said that the Tejas FOC version would be converted to Mk1A config. So if I consider His claim to be true than Next 20 can be fitted with the same.

Kchontha

Country flag
Are there any plans to integrate a jammer pod on the current batch of 40 Tejas? Without a jammer pod the Tejas will be vulnerable while facing hostile Air superiority jets.
At the moment there is no plan to integrate a jammer pod on the current tejas but it will be upgraded to mk1a standard when all the mk 1As are delivered to the IAF.

Chinmoy

Country flag
Dr S cristopher once said that the Tejas FOC version would be converted to Mk1A config. So if I consider His claim to be true than Next 20 can be fitted with the same.
As per what Mr S. Christopher had said, we could have 103 in Mk1A config. I am not quiet sure whether we could or would go for the conversion of initial 20.

lcafanboy

Country flag
LCA Tejas to Receive India-made Brake Parachute
Our Bureau
12:11 PM, October 3, 2017

IAF Su-30MKI with brake parachute deployed: File Photo
- A +

Aerial Delivery Research and Development Establishment (ADRDE), Agra, a wing of India’s Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO) has transferred technology to manufacture brake parachutes for India’s home-made fighter jet, LCA Tejas to Ordnance Parachute Factory (OPF), Kanpur.

The documents pertaining to the technology were handed over in a function held on 20 July 2017, according to DRDO information. The documents have been duly vetted by the Center for Military Air-worthiness and Certification (CEMILAC) which is the certification authority for military aviation in India.

The brake parachute for LCA Tejas is made of nylon and Kevlar material. The textile material used in the system has been developed as per ADRDE specifications and is available indigenously.

The Indian Air Force will have 123 indigenous Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) Tejas fighter jets in its fleet by 2024-25, according to plans of the MoD.

The serial manufacture of the LCA Tejas is being undertaken by Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL). The IAF has placed orders for 40 jets in two batches of which the first 20 are in the Initial Operational Configuration (IOC) while the remaining 20 are in the Final Operational Configuration (FOC). Last July the IAF declared operational the first Tejas squadron ‘45 flying daggers’ with three aircraft.

The Defence Acquisition Council of India’s MoD has okayed the procurement for 83 aircraft in the Mk-1A configuration with specific improvements sought by the IAF.

http://www.defenseworld.net/news/20834/LCA_Tejas_to_Receive_India_made_Brake_Parachute#.WdPKD1uCzIW

S.Balaji

Country flag
LCA Tejas's Aircraft Mounted Accessory Gear Box made at CVRDE Chennai
Gear Box_2.jpg

CVRDE has been entrusted with abinitio design and development of an Aircraft Mounted Accessory Gear Box (AMAGB) for LCA. The project was sanctioned by Aeronautical Development Agency (ADA) Min. of Defence Bangalore, the Nodal agency for design and development of LCA. AMAGB is a single input, multi output gearbox, which receives its input drive from the LCA engine through a Power Take-Off (PTO) shaft at rated speed of 16,810 rpm. It carries four aircraft accessories on its output pads viz., two hydraulic pumps, one generator and one starter unit. Together these cater to a major part of hydraulic & electrical power requirements of the aircraft and hence form a crucial part of the Secondary Power System.
power take off shaft.jpg

NeXoft007

Country flag
It seems Tejas is the only 4th gen fighter in the world to use Self Healing Memory Alloys. Or are there any other 4th gen fighter with it? Btw, how many 5th gen fighter have Self Healing Memory Alloys?

Flame Thrower

It seems Tejas is the only 4th gen fighter in the world to use Self Healing Memory Alloys. Or are there any other 4th gen fighter with it? Btw, how many 5th gen fighter have Self Healing Memory Alloys?
How does that work and where they are used?

I heard about self healing alloys but I thought they wouldn't be used in near future at least till 2030 or so

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles