ADA Tejas (LCA) News and Discussions

Which role suits LCA 'Tejas' more than others from following options?

• Interceptor-Defend Skies from Intruders.

Votes: 342 51.3%
  • Airsuperiority-Complete control of the skies.

Votes: 17 2.5%
  • Strike-Attack deep into enemy zone.

Votes: 24 3.6%
  • Multirole-Perform multiple roles.

Votes: 284 42.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TPFscopes

Rest in Peace
Thank you for the detailed answer. I had asked because ,in a video of test of Gsh 23 firing it appeared as if bullets were hitting the ground just below the nose cone , so I thought it was fixed at an angle of 20 to 30 degree to the fuselage .
Cannon on modern jet are not meant for continuous firing while engaging any Target. They are programmed for burst fire with higher accuracy.

Another pic of Gsh-23 on Tejas

tejas warrior

Country flag
Tejas's debut at Republic Day parade happened this year and it was a great honor and pride for the entire team. The 45 Sqn was in charge of performing the task. One fighter and one trainer from prototype hangar were part of the team. Seen here are LA-5003, LA-5002, LA-5001, KH-T2010 (PV-6) and KH-2013 (From L to R) lined up prior to taking off in one of the rehearsal day.

Jai Hind. :india:

FB_IMG_1498367696858.jpg

sbm

Country flag
I love this plane! I'd love to see it in Latin American skies (wishful thinking right now) but what is its turn rates - sustained and instantaneous? Or thrust-to-weight ratio? Seen all sorts of figures. Any clarity would be nice.

zebra7

I love this plane! I'd love to see it in Latin American skies (wishful thinking right now) but what is its turn rates - sustained and instantaneous? Or thrust-to-weight ratio? Seen all sorts of figures. Any clarity would be nice.
For that you have to wait for the Mk2.

Chinmoy

Country flag
Is it that bad the Chinese and Pakis seem to hype it up way too much
Actually no............ Both are what they have been intended to be. JF17 has been designed to be a cheap alternative for any frontline fighter of PAF and it is what it has to be. Its cheap and could be produced in numbers.
Whereas LCA was more of a project for India. It was menat to replace Mig21's and it somehow in course of time superceeded the expectations. However it would always remain as third line of defence and that is how it had been conceived. So practically comparing these two is useless. If you gonna compare one frontline fighter, do compare it with another. For PAF JF17 is what MKI is for us.

pankaj nema

Country flag
The Question is when will Mk 1 A be ready

There has been no news for over an year

The Government must be knowing the problems
it is facing

Therefore they have started this new Single engine competition

mayfair

I suspect the "birth" of Mk1a will co-incide when the first Tejas fitted with Kaveri-Safran powerplant takes to the skies.

pankaj nema

Country flag
I suspect the "birth" of Mk1a will co-incide when the first Tejas fitted with Kaveri-Safran powerplant takes to the skies.
Kaveri Safran engine cannot have the exact same dimensions
as GE 404

So fitting it will be an issue
That will cause more delays

If Mk 1 A gets delayed after 2020 ; LCA project will loose
all its support and viability

Mk 1 A is very crucial

mayfair

Why is that so? Kaveri was designed with LCA in mind and the Safran contract has been agreed with the mandate that first LCA with the "hybrid" Kaveri engine will fly by 2019.

Kaveri diameter is almost identical to that of GE404- 35 inches. In fact EJ200 which was a strong contender for Tejas has a diameter of only 29 inches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles