500,1000 Rs Note no longer legal tender!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PD_Solo

The only one
Country flag
ATM and banks working normal this week onwards in my area.No long queues.Same with my friends in other western Maharashtra towns.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Akshay_Fenix

PM Narendra Modi launches UPI based mobile payment app called BHIM

Prime Minister Narendra Modi today launched UPI based mobile payment application called BHIM (Bharat Interface for Money) - a rebranded version of UPI (Unified Payment Interface) and USSD (Unstructured Supplementary Service Data), at the Digi Dhan Mela event in Talkatora stadium in New Delhi.

The app can be downloaded from Androidapp store.

"Be it a smartphone or feature phone of Rs 1,000-1,200, BHIM app can be used. There is no need to have Internet connectivity. One only needs a thumb. There was a time when an illiterate was called 'angutha chchap'. Now, time has changed. Your thumb is your bank now. It has become your identity now," PM said at the event.

He dedicated the new app to Dr B.R. Ambedkar and said: "The mantra of Dr Ambedkar was to work for the uplift of the poor. And the biggest power of technology is that it can empower the poor."

Taking a dig at the Congress, Modi said during the earlier United Progressive Alliance rule at the Centre, money lost in the scams made news but now the nation is talking about money coming back into the system.

"Look at the newspapers or video clips from three years ago -- the news was all about what we lost in scams. However, today, it is about what has come back or what is the gain," Modi said.

The Prime Minister recalled the days when India was called 'sone ki chidiya' (bird of gold) and said the nation still had the potential to become the same again.

He said boosting digital connectivity will "do wonders for our nation", adding that the day was not far off when the cash-based transaction will turn completely digital.

The Prime Minister also thanked the media for highlight issues related with digital payments.

For those with a positive mindset, India has several opportunities, said PM.

The day is not far when people will get loans in five minutes, PM hoped.

PM Modi also asked people to atleast do five digital transactions from 1st January 2017.

Working

You have to register your bank account with BHIM, and set a UPI PIN for the bank account. Your mobile number is your payment address (PA), and you can simply start transacting.

You can send, receive from friends, family and customers through a mobile number or payment address. Money can also be sent to non UPI supported banks using IFSC and MMID. You can also collect money by sending a request and reverse payments if required.

You can check your bank balance and transactions details on the go.

You can create a custom payment address in addition to your phone number.

You can scan a QR code for faster entry of payment addresses. Merchants can easily print their QR Code for display.

Maximum of Rs. 10,000 per transaction and Rs. 20,000 within 24 hours is allowed under this.

The app supports Hindi and English, and more languages will be added in coming times.

http://m.economictimes.com/news/eco...ment-app-called-bhim/articleshow/56254333.cms

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
One rumour thats doing the rounds is that he will now take Rs 2000/- out of circulation giving just 10 days time. Apparently to be replaced by the new Rs 1000/- note.
What is the logic behind this, please explain in simple words. Thanks.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
It is Modiji failure.

Hopefully he will lose next elections and all problem will disappear in jiffy.
He already failed on all three counts which he said was cause of note banned. Modi wanted to curb corruption and end up making new category of corrupt bankers, who have change notes.

Ancient Indian

p = np :)
He already failed on all three counts which he said was cause of note banned. Modi wanted to curb corruption and end up making new category of corrupt bankers, who have change notes.
That is what I am saying, Modiji has failed the nation once again.

On serious note,
I am already seeing normality regarding ATMs and other such.
What's the use of discussions when we are already well past the problem?

Please adapt to new way of living saab. .
No need to make a cry over simple transition of things in regular life.

Vishwarupa

Country flag
Great!!

A lawyer who is active on DFI talks about missiles, defense strategies & scrutinizes DeMo but do not want to use internet banking methods or any other online means for banking transaction purposely is talking about failure of DeMo!!
How can DeMo be a successful when a literate like you do not want to change for the betterment of the country?
solely blaming Modi will not help here, people like you are also responsible.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Great!!

A lawyer who is active on DFI talks about missiles, defense strategies & scrutinizes DeMo but do not want to use internet banking methods or any other online means for banking transaction purposely is talking about failure of DeMo!!
How can DeMo be a successful when a literate like you do not want to change for the betterment of the country?
solely blaming Modi will not help here, people like you are also responsible.
You want to know if i use internet banking or not, but you dont want to comment on three things which was used as excuse for note withdrawal.

For your info i do use, internet banking, but it is not accepted by everyone. But you just assume that i dont, it appears that your bhakti is not allowing you to read the comments, remove this fog and you will see clearly what is going on.

Modi is success of failure depend on what he plans and how he execute and for what purpose, if you go through all three he failed.

He failed to put proper planning. This exercise suppose to start from 18 Nov, started on 8th Nov, all ATMs were not even changed to give Rs.100 notes.

Execution of this was horrible, we have seen all the notes getting into hands of rich people. Not to forget new category of corrupt bank officials, who have changed notes without following procedure, Modi made tall claims that they were caught, but nothing was done. Last but not least the purpose which we were told failed to achieve.

Now true to themselves first Modi beat his own drum that all objectives have been reached and now to mislead public, new lollipop have been given to all digital money, etc............. Just because he like taking selfie he wants all to use mobile for money.

Just one more day to go, lets wait some more and then discuss what he wanted on 8th and what we end up with.

DingDong

Country flag
Read this on SM:

Bullion Traders in Mumbai deposited more than 500 crore in slum dwellers' accounts and withdrew the money through RTGS back into their accounts.

IT department is investigating.

Could not find anything about it on news sites.

Yep, Modi injected them with the "Corruption Serum". This is so communal.

Vishwarupa

Country flag
You want to know if i use internet banking or not, but you dont want to comment on three things which was used as excuse for note withdrawal.

For your info i do use, internet banking, but it is not accepted by everyone. But you just assume that i dont, it appears that your bhakti is not allowing you to read the comments, remove this fog and you will see clearly what is going on.

Modi is success of failure depend on what he plans and how he execute and for what purpose, if you go through all three he failed.

He failed to put proper planning. This exercise suppose to start from 18 Nov, started on 8th Nov, all ATMs were not even changed to give Rs.100 notes.

Execution of this was horrible, we have seen all the notes getting into hands of rich people. Not to forget new category of corrupt bank officials, who have changed notes without following procedure, Modi made tall claims that they were caught, but nothing was done. Last but not least the purpose which we were told failed to achieve.

Now true to themselves first Modi beat his own drum that all objectives have been reached and now to mislead public, new lollipop have been given to all digital money, etc............. Just because he like taking selfie he wants all to use mobile for money.

Just one more day to go, lets wait some more and then discuss what he wanted on 8th and what we end up with.

So basically you were trolling all along confusing other members here; you could have told that you use internet banking & moved on. You asking me to come out of Bhakti is all funny & there is no fog surrounding me; its foggy around you because you are saying that internet or online banking is not accepted by some; why are they not accepting it & why don’t they accept money when transferred online don’t you think there is something wrong here.

Many members have explained how Modi has planned it executed & also on the intended purposes; all the 3 are fairly been successful.

Someone internal may have come to know about the DeMo plan so Modi preponed it to surprise them as well. If ATMs were being calibrated earlier than the announcement of DeMo then general public could have easily guessed it. We also know who Khangress supporting officers in government would have leaked the information.

Rich people are being raided everyday & regarding bank officials they are & were always corrupt remember NPAs in most of the banks. DeMo has achieved many objectives.

You are true to yourself being a Modi hater & drumming around saying DeMo did not achieve its objective from the day one & misleading forum members. If you call encouragement & incentivizing digital banking as lollipops then how do you promote less cashless economy. If you can bank on mobile you can also use your mobile for selfies whats wrong in that.

Wait till tomorrow then.

Levina

A feminist who is a Doval fan
Country flag
Frankly, people are more worried about Modi banning alcohol on New year's eve :lol:
That's another mess which has to be tackled.
Alcohol is not just perilous to one's health but also to the community as a whole.
Yes, drinking alcohol is a personal choice but the choice should be an informed one. I'm not sure that those who start drinking at the age of 16 and 18 really know its consequences.

Heard of the new fad, 'smoking alcohol'???
Gosh!!!

I don't know how govt plans to curb the use of alcohol but it should be done at the earliest or we would become what China had become just before the opium wars- a country of addicts.
This doesn't come from a teetotaler.

Sorry for the off topic.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
So basically you were trolling all along confusing other members here; you could have told that you use internet banking & moved on. You asking me to come out of Bhakti is all funny & there is no fog surrounding me; its foggy around you because you are saying that internet or online banking is not accepted by some; why are they not accepting it & why don’t they accept money when transferred online don’t you think there is something wrong here.
Most of the people from whom i buy my daily need goods dont use digital payments, for those supplies i need cash, but you assume that i dont use internet banking, what should i tell those who dont want to use paytem or others digital means reason could be anything. You automatically assume that i am here to fail Modi in your previous post, as i post here but dont use internet banking, whatever i use or dont use its my choice.

I love my country, but that does not mean that, i automatically love my government. your assumption without reading my post, only shows one thing that you assume nothing, but negative. If you go into my initial post of November after note withdrawal, i did said if he want to go for digital eco as per Anil Bokil he should go for it now, we cant have two experiments. Search it and you will find it.

Many members have explained how Modi has planned it executed & also on the intended purposes; all the 3 are fairly been successful.
Lets wait for 24 hours then data will come.

Someone internal may have come to know about the DeMo plan so Modi preponed it to surprise them as well. If ATMs were being calibrated earlier than the announcement of DeMo then general public could have easily guessed it. We also know who Khangress supporting officers in government would have leaked the information.
Modi has claim the credit that everything was so secret and successful, but you are saying otherwise.

Rich people are being raided everyday & regarding bank officials they are & were always corrupt remember NPAs in most of the banks.
NPAs are not because of bank officials, it has lot of reasons.

DeMo has achieved many objectives.
Let him first achieve three objective said on 8th Nov first, then we will see others.

You are true to yourself being a Modi hater & drumming around saying DeMo did not achieve its objective from the day one & misleading forum members. If you call encouragement & incentivizing digital banking as lollipops then how do you promote less cashless economy. If you can bank on mobile you can also use your mobile for selfies whats wrong in that.
Wait till tomorrow then.
what ever you wish to call other, its your choice, can't help it, i am not misleading any one, i can give proof of the same. This is my opinion. you like it or hate it, it does not matter. This cash less economy sounds just like "India Shining campaign 2004" all is well.

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
Demlnetisation is just an excuse ...

What happened after demonetisation?
Raids after raids...

Without digital economy you cannot have make in India as corruption will eat its basic cause.

so demonetisation brought many things with it.

Sent from my SM-T211 using Tapatalk

indiatester

Country flag
What is the logic behind this, please explain in simple words. Thanks.
As per the rumour theory. This to the eliminate the corrupt who have found ways to exchange their old notes to the new Rs 2000/- notes. Considering that people should theoretically not have too many Rs 2k notes, there is a limit to the number you can deposit too.
But as @Akshay_Fenix explained, its very much a rumour. I am rooting for it though ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles