500,1000 Rs Note no longer legal tender!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

YagamiLight

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
'Record rise' in detection of suspicious transactions in 2015-16; Rs 562 crore black money unearthed
PTI | Updated: Jul 30, 2017, 11:27 PM IST
HIGHLIGHTS
  • Detection and reportage of suspicious transactions, fake currency notes and cross-border fund transfers in the country's economic channels doubled in the last fiscal year
  • CBDT detected Rs 154.89 crore, the ED nosed out proceeds of crime of Rs 107.47cr and the DRI came across assets worth Rs 300 crore during 2015-16
NEW DELHI: Detection and reportage of suspicious transactions, fake currency notes+ and cross-border fund transfers in the country's economic channels doubled in the last fiscal year, leading to unearthing of over Rs 560 crore black money, a government report has said.

The report of the Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU), the premier technical snoop wing under the finance ministry, said the financial year 2015-16 saw a "record increase" in the detection of such instances.

All banks and financial intermediaries apprise the FIU of the detections as part of their obligation to comply with the country's anti-money laundering and counter-terror financing measures.

"The year 2015-16 ... saw a record increase in the number of reports received, processed and disseminated by the FIU," the recent report, accessed by news agency PTI, said.

The number of cash transaction reports (CTRs) doubled from 80 lakh in 2014-15 to over 1.6 crore in 2015-16 and that of suspicious transaction reports (STRs) rose from 58,646 to 1,05,973 during the period, it said.

"A similar growth was registered in counterfeit currency reports (CCRs) -- over 16 per cent, NTRs -- nearly 25 per cent, while there was an 850 per cent growth in the number of cross border wire transfer reports (CBWTRs) during the period," the report said.

The central agency, tasked with analysing suspicious transactions in Indian banking and other financial channels, also issued a "record number" of 21 sanctions against the violating entities (banks and others) under sections of the Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA).

The report attributed the increase in the number of detections and their reportage to the FUI's "proactive outreach" to stakeholders to ensure that they increasingly detect such instances.

However, a senior finance ministry official said it was due to the "increasing penetration" of technology and awareness against suspect fund movements at a time when the fight against black money is actively being pursued in the country and the world.

"An increased awareness and the fight against black money is leading all the stakeholders, including the government and reporting entities such as banks and others, to be pro-active in detecting suspicious activities in their channels," the official said, requesting anonymity.

"A sustained momentum in law enforcement and strict compliance of established norms is required to keep these numbers growing, which is an indicator that the regime against black money, tax evasion and money laundering is strong in India," he said.

The report said that based on the STRs disseminated by the FIU, the CBDT detected unaccounted income of Rs 154.89 crore, the Enforcement Directorate nosed out proceeds of crime of Rs 107.47 crore and the Directorate of Revenue Intelligence(DRI) came across assets worth Rs 300 crore during 2015-16.

The total value of money unearthed stands at Rs 562.36 crore.

It said the black money detection figures in the last fiscal year are for "only 5 per cent of cases" flagged by the FIU to probe agencies.

The FIU obtains reports from banks and other institutions and sends them for action to investigative and enforcement agencies that are mandated under the law to combat economic crimes.

While over 3.53 lakh CCRs were received in 2014-15, their number rose by 16 per cent to over 4.10 lakh in 2015-16.

Similarly, CBWT reports during 2015-16 increased to over 1.1 crore as against 34 lakh in the previous year.

Cross-border wire transfer pertains to any transaction of more than Rs 5,00,000 or its equivalent in foreign currency where either the origin or destination of fund is in India.

Likewise, CCR is defined as the usage of a forged or counterfeit currency note or bank note as genuine or where any forgery of a valuable security or a document has taken place during a cash transaction at a bank.

An STR is a transaction that either indicates that it has been made in circumstances of unusual or unjustified complexity or appears to have no economic rationale or bona fide purpose.
It is also applicable to the transactions that give rise to a reasonable ground of suspicion that it may involve financing of the activities relating to terrorism.
An NPO Transaction Report (NTR) pertains to all transactions involving receipts by non-profit organisations of more than Rs 10 lakh or its equivalent in foreign currency.
The FIU, established in 2004, provides financial intelligence to law enforcement agencies for safeguarding the economy from abuses of money laundering, terrorist financing and other offences.

It disseminates this data to probe agencies to check economic crimes, ascertain the extent of fake Indian currency notes (FICN) in banking channels and undertake legal action under criminal laws to check money laundering and black money.
:rofl:Man we got to give credit to BJP. Only expert PR management can somehow see positives to driving down economic growth worth lakhs of crores/year while masking it with a profit of few hundred crores. But I suppose since Bhakths apparently can't count, 500cr illegal transactions detected must be higher than 1lakh crores+ lost economic growth due to demonetisation

YagamiLight

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
As elections are nearing its very important to recall 2k notes from supply for fair democratic elections.

Time to put deadline for banks to exchange 2k notes away from circulation as they receive from depositors.

No need to ban them , but bottleneck the circulation is enough. Highest denomination 500 notes are more than enough, with 100,200notes.
Yes, our economic slowdown for this year is not enough. We need to keep our economic growth stagnated for political reasons

Kshatriya87

Country flag
That's pathetic, so the tone has now changed from Demonetization dint affect informal sector growth to the present claim that growth was slow even before Demonetization?

I suppose the bhakths here eat this BS too? And i am curious, do the bhakths still believe demonetisation was a good u dea or have many grown brains now , now that economic growth has plummeted to 6.5% this year
I'm a bhakt and I still believe that demonetisation was good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kshatriya87

Country flag
:rofl:Man we got to give credit to BJP. Only expert PR management can somehow see positives to driving down economic growth worth lakhs of crores/year while masking it with a profit of few hundred crores. But I suppose since Bhakths apparently can't count, 500cr illegal transactions detected must be higher than 1lakh crores+ lost economic growth due to demonetisation
I suppose keeping lakhs of crores in illegal economy and black money as cash in their houses serves the citizens better right?

YagamiLight

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I'm a bhakt and I still believe that demonetisation was good.

You believe whatever shit you want. Facts will still be facts despite your beliefs. Indian economic slowdown is entirely self made, thanks in most part to demonetisation and it is an undeniable fact.

YagamiLight

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I suppose keeping lakhs of crores in illegal economy and black money as cash in their houses serves the citizens better right?

This is what happens when ppl believe bollywood movies and get their economic advise from them

Do you really think ppl just keep lakhs of rupees lying idly without investing and sleep on it? Forget rest of india, will you personally sit o money? Or will you invest that money back in business, real estate or banks?

Black money is just money which wasn't taxed. It doesn't mean it wasn't active or it wasn't creating jobs, growth or services. By taking out the cash, modi had essentially gave a deadly blow to the informal sector reliant on cash. It also made investment in real estate, and small businesses unviable.which is the reason eco onu haa crawled down.

By 2014, when modi was elected Indian economy was projected to grow at 8% this fiscal.but it is now growing at 6.5%. this loss of 1.5% will amount to lakhs of rupees and you bhakths are celebrating 500cr rupees being seized by IT department. No wonder you ppl think black money is sleeping idly in homes like they show in bollywood movies:laugh:

Kshatriya87

Country flag
You believe whatever shit you want. Facts will still be facts despite your beliefs. Indian economic slowdown is entirely self made, thanks in most part to demonetisation and it is an undeniable fact.
Economy is bound to slow down if you take away 87% of the currency. Does that nean if wasnt necessary to do it?

Economy also slowed due to GST and will remain slow and for sometime. Does that mean GST is a bad law?

Putting curfew in kashmir is also a bad thing for economy. Does that mean we sholud allow the terrorists to roam around freely and let them flourish?

Grow a brain and stop your stupid messages here.

YagamiLight

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Next brilliant idea for the bhakths and clowns - ban cash altogether. If there is no money, there won't be black money either.who cares if economic growth becomes sluggish. We need to stop black money at all cost:lol:

Kshatriya87

Country flag
This is what happens when ppl believe bollywood movies and get their economic advise from them

Do you really think ppl just keep lakhs of rupees lying idly without investing and sleep on it? Forget rest of india, will you personally sit o money? Or will you invest that money back in business, real estate or banks?

Black money is just money which wasn't taxed. It doesn't mean it wasn't active or it wasn't creating jobs, growth or services. By taking out the cash, modi had essentially gave a deadly blow to the informal sector reliant on cash. It also made investment in real estate, and small businesses unviable.which is the reason eco onu haa crawled down.

By 2014, when modi was elected Indian economy was projected to grow at 8% this fiscal.but it is now growing at 6.5%. this loss of 1.5% will amount to lakhs of rupees and you bhakths are celebrating 500cr rupees being seized by IT department. No wonder you ppl think black money is sleeping idly in homes like they show in bollywood movies:laugh:
So basically you are aupporting the black money to flourish. Thank god you are not the finance minister.

Read this thread from the top. Every thing has already been discussed here. Dont repeat these stupid rants.

YagamiLight

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Economy is bound to slow down if you take away 87% of the currency. Does that nean if wasnt necessary to do it?

Economy also slowed due to GST and will remain slow and for sometime. Does that mean GST is a bad law?

Putting curfew in kashmir is also a bad thing for economy. Does that mean we sholud allow the terrorists to roam around freely and let them flourish?

Grow a brain and stop your stupid messages here.

So you think a gain of few hundred crores as tax is worth the loss of lakhs of crores of growth and jobs and services? Man Bhakths must be real kings at math :rolleyes:

YagamiLight

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
So basically you are aupporting the black money to flourish. Thank god you are not the finance minister.

Read this thread from the top. Every thing has already been discussed here. Dont repeat these stupid rants.

No moron,i am saying that in present state of affairs, black money is still a far lesser evil than the demonetisation crap you advocate and modi implemented. Treatment is worse than disease. Get it? Repeat after me, 1 lakhs crores worth of jobs, growth is bigger than few hundred crores of black money caught. May be if you repeat enough times, you might learn that lakh> hundreds

YagamiLight

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
For all the useless hundred pages of discussion in this thread, i am yet to see a single hard-line benefit this demonetisation comedy brought to india which cannot have been got without demonetisation. And yet bhakths still advocate how good it was. Then again, i must not expect much from math wizards who think few thousand crores earned from black money taxation is bigger than the many lakh crores lost due to economic growth slowing down:lol:

YagamiLight

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
1% gdp growth loss for a GDP of size 153lakh crores (Indian gdp 2016-2017) translates to 1.53 Lakh crores, which is the loss to indian GDP from demonetisation exercise. And yet, the bhakths here masturbate to the 500 crores rupees more black money unearthed and few thousand more crores of rupees which were paid as taxes compared to last year. :doh:

tharun

Patriot
Country flag
No moron,i am saying that in present state of affairs, black money is still a far lesser evil than the demonetisation crap you advocate and modi implemented. Treatment is worse than disease. Get it? Repeat after me, 1 lakhs crores worth of jobs, growth is bigger than few hundred crores of black money caught. May be if you repeat enough times, you might learn that lakh> hundreds
Dear Asshole....
Don't use word "moron" next time.

Chinmoy

Country flag

One should not argue with a stupid, because at first he would pull you down to his level and then would try to win you over.
Some brilliant people over here are crying on the fact that some sectors had been hit hard by demonetization, but due to their love for Madam et.al, they are unwilling to see the basic reason behind it. They are ok with the parallel black economy and the 8% GDP growth. But unable to see what toll it is having on our economy in long run. If it had this much of adverse effect on economy as been projected by CONGI stooges over here, how come India had still retained the tag of 3rd biggest economy on PPP basis?

Kshatriya87

Country flag
So you think a gain of few hundred crores as tax is worth the loss of lakhs of crores of growth and jobs and services? Man Bhakths must be real kings at math :rolleyes:
In the long run, yes. The way I see utis that those lakhs of crores which werent benefitting anyone has now come under governments scanner. Thanks to demo.

Kshatriya87

Country flag
No moron, black money is not a "far lesser evil" especially when it was used to fund terrorism, gansters, corrupt politicians etc.

Kshatriya87

Country flag
One should not argue with a stupid, because at first he would pull you down to his level and then would try to win you over.
Some brilliant people over here are crying on the fact that some sectors had been hit hard by demonetization, but due to their love for Madam et.al, they are unwilling to see the basic reason behind it. They are ok with the parallel black economy and the 8% GDP growth. But unable to see what toll it is having on our economy in long run. If it had this much of adverse effect on economy as been projected by CONGI stooges over here, how come India had still retained the tag of 3rd biggest economy on PPP basis?
The way I see it is that these people have lost a little old currency due to demonetisation. Thats why the butt hurt.

Khagesh

1% gdp growth loss for a GDP of size 153lakh crores (Indian gdp 2016-2017) translates to 1.53 Lakh crores, which is the loss to indian GDP from demonetisation exercise. And yet, the bhakths here masturbate to the 500 crores rupees more black money unearthed and few thousand more crores of rupees which were paid as taxes compared to last year. :doh:

Pls show your calculation/link to arrive at that figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles