2016 US Presidential Elections

pmaitra

Why secrecy?

I am surprised at you support to Trump. All people like you hate Trump and think that he is blot on humanity.

Guess life is strange. Leftist in India turns into RW in US.
A person who admires Stalin is a lot of things, but leftist he is not. A leftist would block construction of dams and irrigation canals, but some would do all he can to build one for the greater benefit of society. :)

Here is a picture of the Lenin Volga-Don Canal, operational since 1952.

In India, we have only empty promises of river interlinking for years, but little or no action. This is the difference between the Soviet Hammer and Indian Lotus. Please don't mind this jab. :) BTW, see what Trump said about the Keystone Pipeline, and Eminent Domain. His position as far as end result is the same as that of the CPSU. ;)

My position is that of a fiscal conservative and social liberal. Some of my American friends say I am a libertarian, but then, I am against legalization of marijuana.

Anyway, the world is multi-dimensional, and it is foolish to put things in a narrow perspective.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
A person who admires Stalin is a lot of things, but leftist he is not. A leftist would block construction of dams and irrigation canals, but some would do all he can to build one for the greater benefit of society. :)

In India, we have only empty promises of river interlinking for years, but little or no action. This is the difference between the Soviet Hammer and Indian Lotus. Please don't mind this jab. :) BTW, see what Trump said about the Keystone Pipeline, and Eminent Domain. His position as far as end result is the same as that of the CPSU. ;)

My position is that of a fiscal conservative and social liberal. Some of my American friends say I am a libertarian, but then, I am against legalization of marijuana.

Anyway, the world is multi-dimensional, and it is foolish to put things in a narrow perspective.
Sometimes people are too attached to labels.
You gotta do what you gotta do, right?
Stalin was one of those "Just do it" guys. :)

pmaitra

Sometimes people are too attached to labels.
You gotta do what you gotta do, right?
Stalin was one of those "Just do it" guys. :)
Yep, you gotta do what you gotta do. In the USSR, there was only one party, the CPSU, and things got done. In India, we have a democracy. No matter what party comes to power, unless there is absolute majority in both the upper and lower houses, it is impossible to get things done without delay or compromise.

Ancient Indian

p = np :)

In India, we have only empty promises of river interlinking for years, but little or no action. This is the difference between the Soviet Hammer and Indian Lotus. Please don't mind this jab. :) BTW, see what Trump said about the Keystone Pipeline, and Eminent Domian. His position as far as end result is the same as that of the CPSU. ;)

You support CPSU and CCP. But not RSS.

Here Zebra guy accusing us of being leftist idiots. Too many dimensions. It is suffocating to be constrained by so many things at once. Sometimes narrow perspective can be god blessing.

So you are seeing Stalin in trump.

pmaitra

Here Zebra guy accusing us of being leftist idiots. Too many dimensions. It is suffocating to be constrained by so many things at once. Sometimes narrow perspective can be god blessing.

I don't support RSS, but I have had the privilege to know one RSS member who is very intelligent and educated. He was a member in this forum but is no longer active. I have a lot of respect for him. I don't support CCP, and I would if PRC did not occupy Indian territories, but yes, their achievements are praise-worthy.

Anyway, let's stick to US Elections please.

Ancient Indian

I don't support RSS, but I have had the privilege to know one RSS member who is very intelligent and educated. He was a member in this forum but is no longer active. I have a lot of respect for him.

Anyway, let's stick to US Elections please.
You are conflicted, bossman.

Ok, Lets stick to US elections. We have all the time to go over other topics.

Do you think CIA is compromised?
If Hillary becomes president, there will be doubts about its integrity. I mean every other dude knows about HIllary. But she is getting too much public access for some one who has questionable background.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag

I prioritize my needs and act accordingly, choosing the best options for myself, then my nearest kin then friends, then so on (aka selfish and proud.)

Don't see any point in trying to do things according to one "ideology" or other.

Maybe I'm missing something.

EDIT: Just saw this, "let's stick to US Elections please. "
Ignore this post then. ta ta

pmaitra

You are conflicted, bossman.

Ok, Lets stick to US elections. We have all the time to go over other topics.

Do you think CIA is compromised?
If Hillary becomes president, there will be doubts about its integrity. I mean every other dude knows about HIllary. But she is getting too much public access for some one who has questionable background.
Have you heard the news that Pentagon supported one "moderate" terrorist group in Syria and CIA supported another "moderate" terrorist group in Syria, and these two groups got into a fight? :)

There are too many independence power-centres in the US. Yes, I think CIA is compromised.

Ancient Indian

I prioritize my needs and act accordingly, choosing the best options for myself, then my nearest kin then friends, then so on (aka selfish and proud.)

Don't see any point in trying to do things according to one "ideology" or other.

Maybe I'm missing something.

EDIT: Just saw this, "let's stick to US Elections please. "
Ignore this post then. ta ta
You are unknowingly parroting RSS ideals, you know?
Integral humanism (India)
P.S. Lets stick to the topic.

Ancient Indian

Have you heard the news that Pentagon supported one "moderate" terrorist group in Syria and CIA supported another "moderate" terrorist group in Syria, and these two groups got into a fight? :)

There are too many independence power-centres in the US. Yes, I think CIA is compromised.
That is how big powers fall from grace. Too many power centers and little focus.

The chaos. Controlled chaos.

pmaitra

That is how big powers fall from grace. Too many power centers and little focus.

The chaos. Controlled chaos.
You hit the nail on the head.

The US foreign policy since 1945 (End of World War II) has been to create chaos and control it. They usually pull off the chaos creating part, but fail miserably at controlling it.

What American leaders fail to understand today is what George Washington understood long time back.

George Washington knew that the French were helping the US against Britain not because of charity, but because of their own historical enmity with England. So, the French help was partially motivated by their selfish needs. That the American revolutionaries took French support was not due to some illusory admiration for the French lifestyle, but for practical reasons. Ideologically, France was still a bourgeoisie society while the American Revolutionaries were a militia made of peasants, hunters, workers, etc., so George Washington knew he would never be under French control or influence, but would chart the course of the US in his own way.

Similarly, if al-Qaida, al-Nusra, al-This, al-That, al-Whatever groups are taking US help, is not because they believe in the American ideals, but for their own selfish reasons, and the US is helping them also for their own selfish reasons. So, these groups receiving help from the US will never be loyal to the US, and thus, the US will never be able to control these groups, and hence, the chaos will never be controlled by the US.

Ancient Indian

You hit the nail on the head.

The US foreign policy since 1945 (End of World War II) has been to create chaos and control it. They usually pull off the chaos creating part, but fail miserably at controlling it.

What American leaders fail to understand today is what George Washington understood long time back.

George Washington knew that the French were helping the US against Britain not because of charity, but because of their own historical enmity with England. So, the French help was partially motivated by their selfish needs. That the American revolutionaries took French support was not due to some illusory admiration for the French lifestyle, but for practical reasons. Ideologically, France was still a bourgeoisie society while the American Revolutionaries were a militia made of peasants, hunters, workers, etc., so George Washington knew he would never be under French control or influence, but would chart the course of the US in his own way.

Similarly, if al-Qaida, al-Nusra, al-This, al-That, al-Whatever groups are taking US help, is not because they believe in the American ideals, but for their own selfish reasons, and the US is helping them also for their own selfish reasons. So, these groups receiving help from the US will never be loyal to the US, and thus, the US will never be able to control these groups, and hence, the chaos will never be controlled by the US.
I think we are going into good ol' discussion about middle-east fuck-up.
US stretched its strength beyond its capacity.
And they had some unifying factor in the name of USSR. Now that it is gone, they became directionless.

pmaitra

I think we are going into good ol' discussion about middle-east fuck-up.
US stretched its strength beyond its capacity.
And they had some unifying factor in the name of USSR. Now that it is gone, they became directionless.
Yep, we shall continue. Now, time for some nap. It was nice engaging you and @Razor. Talk to you guys later.

anoop_mig25

Country flag

OFF topic

In between CHINA government or Soviet government didnt had ngo which would go in court to block gov work.And here gov i mean not only present in indian gov but also past congress gov.And court judges where to happy to drag cases for years till that project becomes fiancial burden or gov becomes un-interested

One of the secular indian editior lamented that indian has huge reserve of rare earth metals which are used in construction of chips.And indian cannot mined because of this NGO/Naxalites.And who benefits from such situation,China

Because china has near monoploy in this feild

There are set of NGO`s which oppose dams .then there are other how oppose through coal and then there are others who opposes through nuclear

And on whose interest this NGO`s works.clearly i donot think on india interest this NGO`s work.

Between CBN of andhra pradesh has inter connected two rivers in andhra pradesh and also i think small project is going in madhya pradesh too

anoop_mig25

Country flag

Donot you think US also knows this that all this al-abc al-dfe which they created are selfish.when this al-sahdgj goes rough they create new al-xyz to take on old al-abc or simple put pressure on ocuntry to wage war against this terrorist organisation man/money/machine all provided by US secretlry

this keeps there factory running

It is just that creating chaos through religious fault-lines is now much easier for USA then creation one through ideology

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
The most faithful photo of Trump

And Trump's baby photo...

Last edited:

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
:rofl:

Regarding second photo, you do know that Trump is older than Putin, right?
Trump maybe older to Putin in age but definitely still a baby in terms of maturity. Look how he is being played around by Putin.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Three things that Obama administration has done and not being discussed are :
1) Obama made more Muslims kill Muslims than any other president in American history.

2) Obama allowed China to gain strength from being a regional power to almost a global leader, which is a step up for Chinese.

3) Obama pushed Pakistan completely into China camp. This is important because now China has alternative route to SCS and IOR via CPEC.

Hillary has a hand in all three above.

Any disagreements here?

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Trump maybe older to Putin in age but definitely still a baby in terms of maturity. Look how he is being played around by Putin.
I'm not sure what you mean by Trump being played around by Putin.
But I guess for people who attribute robberies, plane crashes, New year, cyclones and what not to Putin, this ain't new.

Btw didn't you pretend to be from Malaysia. But you a filipino now?
:notsure:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles