2016 India–Pakistan military confrontation

Nicky G

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
3 days to go for loud-mouth Jahil, lets see if they try another misadventure.

They are replenishing and regrouping and Indians think its retreat. Pakistani army is sworn in enemy of India. No mercy should be shown. I heard they are moving brigades from Afghan border.

I hope Doval has a plan to heat up Af-Pak border as Chinese will heat up LAC for Pakistanis. Its time to start Hammer and Avil strategy.

Off topic; A brief discussion with someone I know working for DM/NDA told me that ISI social media cell pressurized to ISPR to not hide causalities as they are finding it hard to defend. The change of tactic came as they were feeling humiliated because India news sources carry more credibility in Pakistan.
I rather doubt Chinese firing a single bullet for Pakis. They'll help diplomatically, logistically, they might even build up forces along LAC, I don't see them engaging us in a direct conflict.

indiatester

Country flag
India’s response was so strong that Pakistan pleaded with us to stop: Parrikar

India’s retaliation against “cowardly attacks” from across the border was so strong that Pakistan’s army pleaded with the neighbour to halt its response, defence minister Manohar Parrikar said on Friday.

Addressing a rally in poll-bound Goa, Parrikar also praised the country’s “political leadership” for taking a strong policy decision on Pakistan. Parrikar’s remarks came three days after the killing of three Indian soldiers — and the mutilation of the body of one of them — by suspected militants near the Line of Control, the de-facto border.

Hours after the Indian Army pledged to exact a “heavy” retribution, Pakistani authorities said on Wednesday that 11 civilians and three soldiers were killed in shelling by Indian forces. In the evening, the Directors General of Military Operations of the two countries held an “unscheduled hotline interaction” at Pakistan’s request.

“There is no doubt that the army is gallant. But for the first time, the country’s political leadership took a strong policy decision. And after that too, we have given an appropriate response to other cowardly attacks.

“It was such a powerful response that some days back, finally they called us that ‘please stop this, we are pleading with you’. We said that we have no problem stopping it, but you stop it too. As a result, there is no firing on the border,” Parrikar said in Panaji.

Ties between New Delhi and Islamabad have hit a low in the aftermath of an attack on an Indian Army base in northern Kashmir’s Uri that killed 19 soldiers in September. New Delhi blamed the brazen assault on Pakistan-based militants, a charge Islamabad promptly denied.

The Indian Army also said it carried out surgical strikes on militant bases across the LoC?in response to the Uri attack. Since then, repeated ceasefire violations at the border and civilian deaths on both sides have added to the tension.

Source HT.
Why should our response be "We have no problem stopping it, but you stop it too." They guys have no concept of negotiating from a position of strength. We should have demanded more than you stop it. Occupy a few posts, make some of their officers come here and provide periodic updates. Get drone access to monitor in their territory.

Nicky G

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Why should our response be "We have no problem stopping it, but you stop it too." They guys have no concept of negotiating from a position of strength. We should have demanded more than you stop it. Occupy a few posts, make some of their officers come here and provide periodic updates. Get drone access to monitor in their territory.
Dude, we are the people who gave up the golden opportunity of settling Kashmir for the 90K Pakis we had as PoW. We don't know how to negotiate, it seems we haven't learnt much either.

Why are we always reactive instead of proactive, I'll never know.

salute

Dude, we are the people who gave up the golden opportunity of settling Kashmir for the 90K Pakis we had as PoW. We don't know how to negotiate, it seems we haven't learnt much either.

Why are we always reactive instead of proactive, I'll never know.
blame it on congis party and their alliance with muslim party and brits ,
you talk about kashmir ??? there was an opportunity to dominate bangladeshi country too .

Akshay_Fenix

blame it on congis party and their alliance with muslim party and brits ,
you talk about kashmir ??? there was an opportunity to dominate bangladeshi country too .
You forgot Atal ji. Kargil war was a perfect opportunity to take back POK.

I think we all (Indians) have been brainwashed by Main Stream Media into thinking peace is achieved only through diplomacy. While we forget (or IDK maybe we are cowards) that peace can be achieved though War as well.

Why I say MSM is because they are still forcing Modi ji to open dialogue with Pakistan.

Just 2 days back there was an article stating the beheading incident by Pakistan was due to surgical strikes...... implying that India should not take any action against Pak atrocities and dialogue is the only way forward.

Last edited:

Filtercoffee

Country flag
This has gone on long enough, we should now try to get back to the old country by getting Pakistan into India. Most of the families living abroad intermingle anyway. Most of the RT chatter is nonsense boredom and so is this cross border firing.

aditya g

Country flag
Why should our response be "We have no problem stopping it, but you stop it too." They guys have no concept of negotiating from a position of strength. ....
This government has taken the courageus step of Surgical Strikes and hence go back into PoK with confidence. Before that PoK was virtually foresaken by India. Lets give them more credit and time. It happen barely 3 months back.

As per an article by General Hasnain (one of the best Army soldier-scholars we have) - it suits that LoC is peaceful;

The Pakistan army does not have to deploy with a large number of posts as it does not have to execute counter-infiltration nor cater for raids by the Indian Army since India is not infiltrating terrorists to Pakistani territory. However, the Indian Army has struck back quite often in the past and after the recent surgical strikes that fear exists in the Pakistan Army. The devious game has been boldly played by the Indian Army too, giving away some and gaining more. For us, the LoC being quiet is advantageous, quite the opposite of what Pakistan desires.

While taking back PoK is mouth watering idea, it has to be done when we are in full control of the situation.

We have won the last 2 episodes (Surgical Strikes and what I am calling as the '2016 border war'), so its a good time to take a pause and plan our moves. I would like to see an analysis on whether LoC confrontation should be escalated to make territorial gains.

Another member commented that Atalji had a chance to retake PoK after Kargil War. Is this commentary based on sound analysis? Was our battered Army in any position to effect the same? As per recent article by Praveen Swami (now I suspect this guy but best not to ignore him):

In the three years after the war, Musharraf ratcheted the pain up in Kashmir to record levels, a part of the story that isn’t often told or understood in India. From 1999 to 2003, India lost a staggering 2,125 security force personnel — in contrast, India lost 521 soldiers during the Kargil war.

So in those situation was quite bad with respect to the Jehadis. Could we have retaken PoK at the time?

In this timeframe Army virtually forced a ceasefire from Pakistan by decimating them with artillery, post which we saw a dramatic drop in infiltration levels and subsequently jehadi strength in valley. So I believe Army's and NDA's LoC strategy is quite sound and has yielded results as we see in 2016 as well.

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
Our troops are more prone to ambushes, sniper attack because they have to regularly patrol the LOC.

On the other side there are zero patrolling they just have to sit in their Bunkers and observe our movement while providing cover fire.

This is a huge advantage to Pakis.

mavles ihctep

Our troops are more prone to ambushes, sniper attack because they have to regularly patrol the LOC.

On the other side there are zero patrolling they just have to sit in their Bunkers and observe our movement while providing cover fire.

This is a huge advantage to Pakis.
Can we suspend patrol parties ?
Or conducting patrol parties 2km inside LoC

nick_indian

Country flag
No CFV reported. My gut feeling is this is going to last the winter now.
Cant be sure with the Pakis.

They will keep trying to infiltrate people till it becomes impossible because of the snow. Wonder when it will start falling. Besides, Raheel Sharif may try to avenge the recent ass kicking by India before he retires. Have to be very careful for the next week at least.

salute

You forgot Atal ji. Kargil war was a perfect opportunity to take back POK.
wasnt indian army unprepared for kargil war ???
indian army was so unprepared that forget about weapons army didnt even properly equipped with cold weather gear ,

also pakis acquired nukes before kargil war ,
and so move to take back pok could started the full scale nuke war ,

now me know that after those strikes everyone gonna say that argument about nuke war is not credible ,

but still pakis nukes is a hugh difference between kargil war and 1971 war ,
and there is difference between strikes by sp forces teams and moving hugh military onto pok to capture it ,

the 1971 war , whole east pakis country surrendered to indian military ,
but then why its not a secular and a neutral country and how it became muslim and terrorist country again ???
because that was beneficial for congis , brits , chinese and maybe others .

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
3 days to go for loud-mouth Jahil, lets see if they try another misadventure.

I rather doubt Chinese firing a single bullet for Pakis. They'll help diplomatically, logistically, they might even build up forces along LAC, I don't see them engaging us in a direct conflict.
They do it every time, it always coincide with Pakistanis pushing terrorists along IB and LoC. I have been following the pattern for last 4 years. By heat up I meant incursions. Of course there is no firing match with China or may not happen soon.

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
This wasn't done by Pakistani forces. Most likely by angry armed villagers seeking revenge, since this attack commenced on the same sector where 4 Pakistani children were killed in shelling.
This is nothing but collateral damage. You can't aim an indirect firing weapon like mortars on a bus. It's an area weapon.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles