Yuvraj Singh has cancer

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Blackwater, Feb 5, 2012.

1. Blackwater

Blackwater Veteran Member Veteran Member

New Delhi: Extremely sad news for Indian cricket fans as India's flamboyant batsman Yuvraj Singh has been diagnosed with lung cancer, according to some media reports.

India's man of the World Cup tournament is currently undergoing chemotherapy in the United States. He has a tumor between his lung and the heart.

His chemotherapy treatment started in February and will go on till March. He left for the US on 26th January.

His tumour was first detected in October but it was said to non-malignant. But it has now been reportedly diagnosed as malignant.

Earlier, there were reports that he had gone to the US for surgery but on February 1 Yuvraj tweeted: "Haven't done any surgery! I don't no we're does Such news come from I'm just on medication !"

Last month he had tweeted that he was reading legendary cyclist Lance Armstrong's autobiography, who had won his battle against cancer.

"Reading lance Armstrong s book it's not about the bike ! I'm sure it will motivate me and pull me throu this time! Livestrong yuvstrong,"he had tweeted.

NDTV

3. Blackwater

Well its sad that yuvi has cancer. Unfortunately his carrier is over, God help him with speeedy recovery

4. Godless-Kafir

Godless-Kafir DFI Buddha Senior Member

This is old news, he even went through treatment and recovered and now he is back in the team?

5. Blackwater

He is still going treatment in USA.he has not recovered yet.His fitness will never be a same again. I highly doubt he will make in Indian team again.. It's not a old news. This is today's news. Earlier he was diagnosed with non-malignant cancer but now its malignant one. He will recover but he will not be same as before

6. Daredevil

Daredevil On Vacation! Administrator

He can recover quickly if its a benign cancer which can be removed by combination of surgery, radiation and chemotherapy. But if the cancer is malignant, then he can kiss his cricket career good bye.

7. Blackwater

I agree. Feel sorry for him such a wonder full all rounder we HAD.

8. Param

Param Senior Member Senior Member

WTF?

Malignant! And he is a non smoker.

9. SpArK

SpArK SORCERER Senior Member

Wishing him speedy recovery..

10. Yusuf

Yusuf GUARDIAN Administrator

Poor fellas career never took off. Some his own doing. When he finally realized he needed to buckle down he was beset with injuries and now this. He will remain "Yuvraj" and never become " King" of cricket in India. A talent that went waste.

Wish him a speedy recovery.

11. Blackwater

I somewhat agree with you. He is a victim of early name and fame in life. Not his fault, its human tendency. If u get name and fame at the ealry age of life then dimag kharab ho jana is normal