Will China sell S-300 copy to Pakistan

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
yes they will ... now. ....................

Blackwater

That's what I was feeling.
Word sale is incorrect for pakis. :biggrin2:

true the word is give/provide not sale.

BTW gazw-a-hind commander is in china now with shopping list on chini credit card.

possible aid/provision/gift of H9 SAM and J-10 blunder

:biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2:

Navnit Kundu

Pika Hu Akbarrr!!
MIRV Agni coming this is obsolete and insignificant .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes. I never denied that. I just said that earlier things which we could have done with cheaper weapons will need costlier weapons like Agni to accomplish.

Country flag
This is an arms race between three countries ( China and pak vs India)

anoop_mig25

Country flag
Because Russia's influence is going down.
Best way I guess they may be finding to pass technology to other communist state to ensure security of second world.
pass ing technology to other communist state

That must be biggest joke

China and rusian are frenimes

Both would dump each other at right time

And is no reason except money by selling weapons to china by russia

Flame Thrower

I don't think it is a good idea to underestimate enemy or what enemy has.

Well it may not be equal to s-300(todays system) but i feel it to be some where around ~80%(my opinion).

China will give it to Pak at the time of Indo -Chinese conflict.

China gave jf-17 but not j-10. So I feel that Pak might get a year or 6 months before Indo -Chinese cinflict(Or Chinese may operate Hq-9 from Pak). The same may not apply to J-31 in future as it takes lot of time to master plane, store sapres and provide all the infra required for J-31(Note: Only after India inducts PAKFA, latest AMCA)

Jamming S-300 is not a joke, by any means it is the best sam only next to S-400.

China did buy S-400, so expect a S-400 copy by atleast 2025.

Gurus please correct me if my assumptions are wrong

Last edited:
Country flag
Old article but still relevant to India

How Israel will take out the S-300?
One of the things that may be pushing Israel into attacking Iran sooner is the Iranians taking delivery of the S-300 air defense. I've discussed the S-300 many times, including the drill that the IDF conducted against it over the Mediterranean in June 2008.

Last week, I showed you a really neat video of a 'suicide drone' called the Herod. For those who have forgotten, please go here and watch it again.

Two weeks ago, a specialized aviation publication called Flight Global did a short blurb about an Israeli drone called the Harop (or Harrop). The blurb includes lots of details.
Israel Aerospace Industries [should be Israel Aircraft Industries? CiJ] is developing new versions of loitering weapon systems for suppression of enemy air defences (SEAD) missions.

The Harop is a bigger, improved version of IAI's Harpy anti-radiation drone and is equipped with an electro-optical sensor, enabling the operator to select targets during the loitering time over the target area.

The 2.5m (8.2ft)-long drone, powered by a heavy-fuel engine that drives a pusher propeller, is launched from a canister and its foldable wing has a 3m span. It is equipped with a 23kg (51lb) warhead and can hit static and moving targets.

A satcom data link enables the selection of targets throughout the 6h endurance of the Harop, which is launched from ground or sea launchers, but can be adapted for air launch.

The 135kg, delta-winged Harpy is still offered as a baseline loitering system.
DEBKA claims that the Harop is to be used to attack the S-300:
The Israeli air industries first unveiled its new Harop "loiter drone" for taking out ground-to-air missiles at the annual Aero-India 2009 air show which closed recently at Bangalore.

The Iranian media were first to disclose that this sophisticated Israeli drone is capable of targeting the Russian radar-equipped S-300 anti-air missile before it enters attack mode .

DEBKAfile's military sources report that while Iran has contracted to buy from Russia five S-300 batteries worth $800 m to defend its nuclear sites against potential aerial attack, India and Turkey are interested in Israel's Harop killer-drone. Our sources report that the Tehran media made much of the new Israeli drone as a means of pushing Moscow to set the new batteries' delivery dates which the Russian suppliers have so far withheld.

The Harop is an expendable unmanned aerial vehicle which can sustain a mission of several hours over an assigned area. Operated by electro-optical sensors, Harop can detect weapons systems in inert mode, weapons on the move and radar installations switched off to avoid detection.

Our military experts maintain that once it penetrates Iranian airspace, this drone can silence surface-to-air batteries and open the skies to aerial and missile attack.
If you look up the Herod (as it was called in the video I posted last week) on Wikipedia, you will be redirected to the Harop (which is here).

http://israelmatzav.blogspot.com/2009/02/how-israel-will-take-out-s-300.html?m=1

Country flag
I don't think it is a good idea to underestimate enemy or what enemy has.

Well it may not be equal to s-300(todays system) but i feel it to be some where around ~80%(my opinion).

China will give it to Pak at the time of Indo -Chinese conflict.

China gave jf-17 but not j-10. So I feel that Pak might get a year or 6 months before Indo -Chinese cinflict(Or Chinese may operate Hq-9 from Pak). The same may not apply to J-31 in future as it takes lot of time to master plane, store sapres and provide all the infra required for J-31(Note: Only after India inducts PAKFA, latest AMCA)

Jamming S-300 is not a joke, by any means it is the best sam only next to S-400.

China did buy S-400, so expect a S-400 copy by atleast 2025.

Gurus please correct me if my assumptions are wrong
We have s300 for many years we should know the system inside out its strength and weaknesses. It offers pak no security in buying a unknown cheap copy of a system
We know well Also it has never been tested
Against loitering cruise missiles (like nirbhay)

Last edited:

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
pass ing technology to other communist state

That must be biggest joke

China and rusian are frenimes

Both would dump each other at right time

And is no reason except money by selling weapons to china by russia
But that's not happening us usual.
For money only? China is eating up.Russian defense industry with copied weapons without copyright and Russia never took a strong step.

3deffect

Country flag
My Chinese 'iPhone' copy I got for a steal (Obviously copied!) lasted me 6 days and 3 hrs!! Similarly a Chinese S-300 copy will probably last a week if not less! :lol:

And then, this too.....

Jeeez! :lol:
sometimes Reverse engineering comes from Reverse mode

Flame Thrower

We have s300 for many years we should know the system inside out its strength and weaknesses. It offers pak no security in buying a unknown cheap copy of a system
We know well Also it has never been tested
Against loitering cruise missiles (like nirbhay)

Imagine a S 300 Surveilence Radar and couple of Illuminating radars placed 10's of Km appart with missile launchers. Pantisers providing point to point air defence. Now multiply the whole into 12 gaurding Iran airspace. That would be a nightmare for any planner to penetrate air defence.

We did have S-300 to protect Delhi from Pak nuclear ballistic missiles...

We might know the system i.e blind spots, but can we fly missions through S-300 defence, that is a huge qn mark, Destroyimg S-300 is not a joke for US, let alone us(we don't have EW aircraft like F-18G).

People say it is a copy of S-300, but Hq-9 can track and fire missiles may be less effective compared to S-300, more suceptable to jamming. But do we have a weapon to counter hq-9???.

Nirbay ( I am not sure) - I think we need to plan tactics (we in the forum) what say guys.......

A rough stimulated attack on S-300(cause more info is there compared to Hq-9) with Pantisr (to make things worse) in the picture.

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag

Imagine a S 300 Surveilence Radar and couple of Illuminating radars placed 10's of Km appart with missile launchers. Pantisers providing point to point air defence. Now multiply the whole into 12 gaurding Iran airspace. That would be a nightmare for any planner to penetrate air defence.

We did have S-300 to protect Delhi from Pak nuclear ballistic missiles...

We might know the system i.e blind spots, but can we fly missions through S-300 defence, that is a huge qn mark, Destroyimg S-300 is not a joke for US, let alone us(we don't have EW aircraft like F-18G).

People say it is a copy of S-300, but Hq-9 can track and fire missiles may be less effective compared to S-300, more suceptable to jamming. But do we have a weapon to counter hq-9???.

Nirbay ( I am not sure) - I think we need to plan tactics (we in the forum) what say guys.......

A rough stimulated attack on S-300(cause more info is there compared to Hq-9) with Pantisr (to make things worse) in the picture.
Captive flight trials of an advanced, state-of-the-art Anti-Radiation Missile (ARM) are planned this year, and the maiden flight test by year-end by the missile technologists of the DRDO.

The air-to-surface tactical missile being developed by Defence Research and Development Laboratory (DRDL) will target the enemy’s air defence capabilities by attacking radars and communication facilities.

The range of the missile is 100 to 125 km and it will be mounted on combat aircraft Sukhoi (Su-30) and Tejas-Light Combat Aircraft.

The missile picks up the radiation or signals of radars and communication facilities and homes on to the targets to destroy them.

Let's keep an eye on this development. If successful, it will go a long way in neutralizing enemy air defences.

Country flag

But do we have a weapon to counter hq-9???.

Harop and heron drones, anti radiation missiles, glide bombs ,nirbhay loitering missile a few Predator drones sent with dummy drones some Possibilities ; AGNI MIRV when it arrives or a miniaturized emp bomb

Last edited:

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Funny part we will get system which is top of line S400 with some features of S500 and it will be connected to our LRTRS and all other network centric civilian and military radars network.

Pakistan will get, not buy third rated carbon copy which PLA or PLAAF dont use it to guard its national capital. That shows the trust in system by its maker.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
We can take this shity chinese system Radar with one stroke of Brahmos from sand off range. Poor Porkies will loose its money. However, china will get money and porki generals will get commission. who cares about porki public money?

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
We can take this shity chinese system Radar with one stroke of Brahmos from sand off range. Poor Porkies will loose its money. However, china will get money and porki generals will get commission. who cares about porki public money?
You seriously think Pakis are going to pay for this. They will beg them to give it for free and they will try to best advertisement for Chinese.

Flame Thrower

Folks lets not bring Pak will beg for weapons and Hq-9 is a copy so not effective.

If Chinese wants war with India, any wise Commander wants Pak to join the war. To cause headache, he'll send HQ-9 manned by Chinese to defend Pak bases and strategic locations in Pak.

So I propose to discus the scenario with you folks.

I want the scenario next to reality...

@LETHALFORCE @sayareakd

what you say folks......

Global Defence

New threads

Articles