Why Pakistani always keep on saying Insha'Allah?

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate
Well, "goodbye" itself is derived from the old English "god be with ye". It is less religious and more of a universal cultural phenomenon.

We use either Khuda Hafez or "ba aman khuda", whichever comes to mind.
Even so, note that it is not "Jehovah be with ye" or "Jesus be with ye". God is a neutral term, it doesn't invoke any particular religious ideology or belief. If it had been religion-specific, it wouldn't have been universally accepted across cultures.

MAYURA

Tihar Jail
Banned
Even so, note that it is not "Jehovah be with ye" or "Jesus be with ye". God is a neutral term, it doesn't invoke any particular religious ideology or belief. If it had been religion-specific, it wouldn't have been universally accepted across cultures.
Not right as god specifically refers to biblical god not to pagan god(s).

the reason it is universal is because of armed might of west which ruled rest of world during 1800-1960.

there are many hindus ( particularly from punjab) who use this term called khuda.

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
'God 'is considered neutral because English/Western civilization is predominant. Technically Allah can also be considered a neutral term. Both those terms refer to an Abrahamic concept of god

Also, Jesus can't be equated to Khuda/Allah

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate
Not right as god specifically refers to biblical god not to pagan god(s).

the reason it is universal is because of armed might of west which ruled rest of world during 1800-1960.

there are many hindus ( particularly from punjab) who use this term called khuda.
The name of the Biblical God is "Jehovah". "God" is a generic term. Even if we assume that the the universality of the term is due to western imperialism, no one thinks of "God" when saying "goodbye", whereas the term InshaAllah or Allah Hafiz literally invokes God.

Sabir

DFI TEAM
OK so after a long time finally i get to post my post here on DFI

Yes Pakis use Inshallah or Insha'Allah because it was most frequently used by members of Muslim league of Maullana Mohammed ali Jouhar and Iqbal the poet most heroically known to Pakis as Allama Iqbal.........hence for eg:- do members here know paki national anthem it starts as God says.....Inshallah.....Chechens say Mashallax and Morrocans say Incha-allah at least i have heard them saying in this particular way.......

As for Shahrukh "Goat Shit" KHAN it doesn't matter if he says Inshallah, Mashallah, Subanallah or Bas Kar Allah from his foul mouth.....Sushmita Sen...Vidya Balan etc say due to ''Dubai connection".......:rolleyes:

Dawoodi Bohra community which @Yusuf belong to does't say Inshallah normally unless they are GCC or Pakistani Karachi based Bohra community........

Ask @Agnostic Muslim he might further give u people more insight into his culture............
haaaaaa...

Most of the Muslims I know (dont know about South India) use such phrases especially while talking a member of their community. Some people do not use while talking to people from other community or in office etc. Probably The Pakistanis and those who interact less with other communies use these phrases more.

Last edited by a moderator:

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate
'God 'is considered neutral because English/Western civilization is predominant. Technically Allah can also be considered a neutral term. Both those terms refer to an Abrahamic concept of god

Also, Jesus can't be equated to Khuda/Allah
The English word "God" does not refer to an Abrahamic concept of God. Neither does the term Allah, but it has come to be associated as such due to the fact that the latter is used almost exclusively by Muslims. Both these words have pre-Abrahamic origins.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Well, "goodbye" itself is derived from the old English "god be with ye". It is less religious and more of a universal cultural phenomenon.

We use either Khuda Hafez or "ba aman khuda", whichever comes to mind.
Fi Amaanallah

pmaitra

The English word "God" does not refer to an Abrahamic concept of God. Neither does the term Allah, but it has come to be associated as such due to the fact that the latter is used almost exclusively by Muslims. Both these words have pre-Abrahamic origins.
It depends upon whether you capitalize it or not.

The word God is an Abrahamic God, while god is one of the many Dharmic, Greek, or Roman, gods.

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate
It depends upon whether you capitalize it or not.

The word God is an Abrahamic God, while god is one of the many Dharmic, Greek, or Roman, gods.
Any material to support this theory? Links, references? :noidea:

Generally speaking, capitalization by itself does not change the meaning of a word.

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
Those pre-Abrahamic cultures don't exist anymore.

pmaitra

Any material to support this theory? Links, references? :noidea:

Generally speaking, capitalization by itself does not change the meaning of a word.
It's not a theory, it's a fact. I have books, so I cannot give you a reference.

If you read any book that talks about the ancient Greek mythology, and if you compare that with a book written on Christianity, you will see it.

God (capitalized) is a proper noun, while god (all small) is a common noun.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
@Known_Unknown, read the first line, and see how "god" is spellt.

Greek Mythology Gods Titans
I think the reason the Abrahamaic God has a capitalized G is to emphasize that He is the only God and that He is above all other gods. A "I have a bigger dick than you" kind of a thing.
Also pious Jews do not even say or write God properly, they write it as G-d, because supposedly God's name is too holy to be pronounced. The word Allah is, I think, common to all semitic languages.

God (capitalized) is a proper noun, while god (all small) is a common noun.
It has something to do with the fact that translation of Hebrew(El, Elohim, Alohim, Alahu) and Islamic(Allah, Allahu) names of God is god. And the Christians continued using it. Yahweh or Jehovah was the personal name of the Jewish God and was considered too sacred to be commonly used. At least that's what I think, could be wrong.

pmaitra

I think the reason the Abrahamaic God has a capitalized G is to emphasize that He is the only God and that He is above all other gods. A "I have a bigger dick than you" kind of a thing.
Also pious Jews do not even say or write God properly, they write it as G-d, because supposedly God's name is too holy to be pronounced. The word Allah is, I think, common to all semitic languages.

It has something to do with the fact that translation of Hebrew(El, Elohim, Alohim, Alahu) and Islamic(Allah, Allahu) names of God is god. And the Christians continued using it. Yahweh or Jehovah was the personal name of the Jewish God and was considered too sacred to be commonly used. At least that's what I think, could be wrong.
Yes, you are right, God is the only God, and there are no other gods, so that makes it a proper noun. Although whether there are other gods or not is debatable ("Thou shalt have no other gods before me.").

Also, I remember many a poem, where they have "Him" and "He" referring to God.

Blackwater

Iam a sikh, but i still use Insha Allah in my daily.talks, i like it, i feel good

AVERAGE INDIAN

EXORCIST
Country flag
i am from hyderabad AP India never heard any muslim using that word when i had conversations in 30 years of my life, i greet them hai kaka how are you which is an everyday word of hai buddy or use the word hai mama which also in same context for buddy in AP

Last edited:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Iam a sikh, but i still use Insha Allah in my daily.talks, i like it, i feel good
Many Sikhs use it. Inshallah, Mashallah and I also think La haul Vila @Singh will agree

musalman

پاکستان زنده باد
Country flag
Why Pakistani always keep on saying Insha'Allah?
Whenever I have talked or listen to Pakistanis they always say Insha'Allah!!! At least once or twice in sentence? Even when communicating in English?
I fail to understand why???
InshaAllah, MashaAllah are part of the general manners prescribed by Islam. For any event we are of the view it will happen if Allah(SWT) wills. InshaAllah means Allah (SWT) wills.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Many Sikhs use it. Inshallah, Mashallah and I also think La haul Vila @Singh will agree
Inshallah is not used by Sikhs or Indian Punjabis per se. Although, those who interact with Pakistanis and/or consume Pakistani media tend to use it. It doesn't have the associated religious or fatalist connotation atleast when used by non-Muslims.

Mashallah, Subhanallah, La haul Vilakuvat are/were commonly used by Punjabis (esp Urdu speaking).

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
One takes the name of God or says it is God's Wish is when one is down and out and leaves everything to God and hopes for the best.

Maybe the Pakistanis have a deep sense of insecurity and are not confident of themselves and their actions.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles