Why China won't revolt

Discussion in 'China' started by Ray, Mar 9, 2011.

1. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

A pragmatic article that analyses the situation in China.

All are well settled.

Chinese police machinery will be adequate to crush revolts.

Dissatisfaction is merely in the far flung rural areas and will not surface in cities. Hence, no effect.

I have however not understood this:

“Some of the incidents that we see arise in China are related to ethnic or other issues, so we can’t attribute all of these incidents to the sex imbalance that has resulted from the one-child policy.”

How does sexual imbalance affect revolting?

3. sesha_maruthi27

sesha_maruthi27 Senior Member Senior Member

If at all the chinese people revolt against the government they will be shotdown mercylessly. So, there is no use in revolting against the government. China is ruled by a dictator and anybody going against the command shall be shown the way to death.

4. Ray

As far as sexual imbalance, is the author alluding to the rise of Tongzhis in China and hence not really interested in unrest lest the authorities get a wind of that?

Maybe our Chinese friends could comment.

5. Ray

It is surprising that our Chinese friends are fighting shy to amplify what the author meant by law and order issues are not because of same sex imbalance.

Is there same sex imbalance and if so what are the effects?

6. Oracle

Oracle New Member

Chinese won't revolt because they can't, or else they would be crushed the same as Tiananmen protesters. Or Chinese are way too ahead in terms of patriotism, even when they are subjects being ruled by a king, and not citizens.

7. RedDragon

RedDragon Regular Member

Haha, you guys are really funny to worry this problem.

But, Perhaps the Vietnam bride is a solution for part of this problem.
    In fact, I remember from 2009, Vietnam bride is a popular topic in China. Below is the portal of a website about the Vietnam bride, including some news and people's view. I must say most women's view especially Feminist organizations are very angry/unhappy about this topic. :)
    http://lady.qq.com/zt/2010/yn/

And below is a news about a man who have divorced and about 40 years old, who of course diffcult to find a young wife in China, so he go to Vietnam and spend about 35, 000 RMB (Less than 6000 USD) to get a young Vietnam bride. If you can't read chinese, you can just see the picture.
    http://lady.qq.com/a/20100201/000197.htm

I also remember I have read news about Myanmar bride, etc

8. RedDragon

RedDragon Regular Member

9. tarunraju

tarunraju Moderator Moderator

But there's no scope for change in China to begin with. There's no hard and fast rule that every autocratic regime must and should "change" to democracy. Mankind survived autocracy for 95% of its history. Chinese government does not treat its people like North Korean government does. What works for US need not work for China. "Change" is a cleverly-disguised tool from the west to destabilize what's working perfectly fine in the east.

10. JBH22

JBH22 Senior Member Senior Member

I really don't understand why many here are obsessed with criticising China like that, its getting ridiculous its as if Pakistani obsession with India.
    Btw so long Chinese economy flourishes things will go on smoothly for the current system its only when people have economic concerns that things get ugly.

11. Tronic

Tronic Stars and Ambassadors Stars and Ambassadors

This article (http://lady.qq.com/a/20100204/000111.htm) talks about the very poor male:female ratio in Vietnam, meaning there are a huge number of women, and too few men. It also talks of Vietnamese men themselves marrying multiple wives, just because there are too many to go around. :p The articles also alludes to the fact that bride buying is only done by the rich businessmen, not affordable to the common man.

12. Ray

Vietnamese are Miaos and Yues!!

Not Hans.

That will go against the eugenics that China practices and practised through its history to bring the demography to 97% Hans in China!

What desperate a situation!!

And what a comedown!!

13. RedDragon

RedDragon Regular Member

Haha, you have mentioned the ethnic minority for a lot of time.

I don't know how your treat the ethnic minorities or caste in India. I must say that the ethnic minority is not a big problem in China. Especially if it is not combine with religion. And Han is a combination of a lot of races from history.

A old Chinese Proverb is that :"Like the sea if you can contain more you are more huge." Han is huge because the traditional Chinese Philosophy has a open heart for other races and other culture.

Perhaps race or caste is important in Indian's daily life, but in China the race is not a important factor in people's life, intermarriage is very common among people of different races. like Han with ManChu or Mongolian in the north and Han with Miao, Yi etc in the south.

14. RedDragon

RedDragon Regular Member

If you want a young and pretty wife, who don't know the language of your country and can't work outside. Of course you need some money for the wife and future living of the wife and possible children. But it seems won't spend much. After all 35,000 RMB (6000 USD) is not much money for an ordinary Chinese man. Most of the people with job can save this in one year.

15. Ray

Of course minorities are not a problem in China.

You merely gobble them up and call them Hans.

Check the Tibet threads to include the Tibet and Tourists!!

And the one started by PMaitra!!

Ask some of your compatriots. They (the Southerners)refuse to claim that they have any other blood than Han!!

They even claim that Cantonese have no connection with the Vietnamese language.

And yet, you rush to marry what you feel is beneath your Han arrogance.

Chinese are sure a race that conveniently forgets issues when in dire straits!

And here, in good Chinese manner of proving a point, have no hesitation to do a flip and say.

it is better to be a Han and a Tongzhi (comrade) is what the Hans should be saying rather than lose their Han arrogance amongst compatriots!!

intermarriage is very common among people of different races. like Han with ManChu or Mongolian in the north and Han with Miao, Yi etc in the south.

Nei ren marrying wei ren the barbarians?

Last edited: Mar 10, 2011
  16. Ray

It is not an open heart.

It is a latent imperialism that prompts.

17. RedDragon

RedDragon Regular Member

Sigh~~, A man only can think in his own style. You have read too much racism material.

Last week, I just attend one of my workmate's wedding. He is a Han and his wife is a Mongolian. And before the dinner my workmate and his wife have dance a traditional Mongolian to the guest. His wife dance pretty good but my workmate dance quite funny. Everyone is very happy in the wedding.

I was grow up in a small town where the ManChu and Hans lived together. A lot of people have the blood of both ManChu and Han, including myself.

18. Armand2REP

Armand2REP CHINI EXPERT Veteran Member

China won't revolt until the people see how bad the financials actually are.

19. RedDragon

RedDragon Regular Member

In fact not only the people but also the culture of Han and ManChu are merged, the traditional Chinese cloth "Qi Pao" is in fact the traditional cloth of ManChu and the food "Sa QiMa" is also a ManChu traditional food. Now they are accepted by almost all Chinese.

Chinese culture's expanding and merge is not by force but by the attract of good living and higher civilization.

20. Tronic

Tronic Stars and Ambassadors Stars and Ambassadors

With a per capita income of $3800, I'm not too sure mate. Chinese from ROC probably can though.

21. amoy

amoy Senior Member Senior Member

A revolt is imminent owing to gender imbalance. Like most animals human beings usually get irritable during mating season. Overflowing hormones may initiate cynical or radical responses - Men will take to streets and vent their anger on the society for no available mates

China is in an eye of storm.

On many poles there're ads for "mailing brides" from Vietnam or Myanmar, auguring a deficit of women. Heck, CCP shall enable every adolescent lad to reach a big pool of foreign lasses lest the nightmare come true.