War reserves are less than 10 days

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
IBN just brought out a report and had on panel Naresh Gujral who is on the parliaments panel on defence, a rtd General, Ajai Shukla and another person and reporting that war reserves for 125mm ammo is less than a week, 120mm mortar about 1.5 days etc.

We already know that the Army Chief has said we have 97% obsolete AD.

More bad news tumbling out.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
I wouldn't be surprised if thats true considering we had to rush aircraft to SA to bring ammo during Kargil war.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
The OFB and the PSU's have to bE taken to task and made accountable. The defence panel of Parlaiment is saying that they have been repeatedly been assured that all is well and we are ready for all eventuality when the truth is diametrically opposite and we are anything but ready for any eventuality.
We don't even have enough to buy time to airlift ammo urgently from Israel or any other source.

The theory I can think of is this may be also done at the behest of arms lobby which would sell at 5-10 times the cost when war actually breaks out and India has no ammo.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
The theory I can think of is this may be also done at the behest of arms lobby which would sell at 5-10 times the cost when war actually breaks out and India has no ammo.
:hail:

Happened before & I failed to see it.

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
It could have been calculated on Intense Rate.

Last edited:

Iamanidiot

The thing is Gen V.K Singh is taking the whole set up to the cleaners .Since he is going to retire anyway he is going to purge the MoD of all the blight

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
What the hell was all the talk about preparing to be ready for a two front war when we clearly can't fight the pakis for too long? We have brave men who'd probably fight with swords if needed but that does not win wars today.
Who is fooling who?

If the report is true, what have the successive army chiefs done to remedy the situation? Are they not going to see the stores? Are they not going to see OFBs and what they are up to?

On what basis does the Army say that it is ready for all eventuality? On fake assurances of OFBs and Parliament committee?

The truth has to come out as the very security of the country is at stake from a puny NaPak terrorist state and we talk about taking on the Chinis.

Blackwater

They did not learn from kargil war.:sad::sad::sad::tsk::tsk:

i want to use very strong words against army and babus but i don't know how i stopped myself

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
The thing is Gen V.K Singh is taking the whole set up to the cleaners .Since he is going to retire anyway he is going to purge the MoD of all the blight
No chance.

They are too entrenched.

And if the next is because of that great man JJ's Line of Succession intrigue, then goodbye!

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
YB, what did we do on Kargil Review Committee's report?

Not even 1/4th of its recommendation got implemented.

K Subrahmanyam died asking successive Govts to act on it.

And now we are conducting highly resourceful Global Threat perception Strategic Review from all since 2007 :facepalm:

prakashbioc

I wish to army and MoD to ditch the two end war, Cold Start theories etc.

I am surprised by the CNN report, our tanks have ammo that can last only 4.65 days and air defence cosmetically upgraded and standing for the last 44 years. Even Bangladesh can win a war against us.

First privatize OFB and DRDO and produce enough ammo for Tanks and even INSAS, purchase howitzers, install at least 50% dependable air defence.

In 2012, 95 L crores are allocated for our defence forces. :frusty:

Mansukh

Tihar Jail
Banned
India is already world's largest weapon importer . I don't know how much more money our army wants.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
India is already world's largest weapon importer . I don't know how much more money our army wants.
As much as it is required to be ready.

Hopefully, you are contributing!

Country flag
I seriously doubt the validity of this article. Seems like someone has an
ax to grind. The reserves claimed is not even enough for all the exercises conducted this year.

pankaj nema

Country flag
This is all fake and false news

It is all motivated new reporting by arms dealers to push forward their arms and ammunition

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
We only have 190 odd capable fighters that is 120MKI and 55 Mirage-2000. Our tanks mostly are outdated T-72s with no night vision. The missiles are all outdated and Akash and others are only entering service. If anyone attacks us now we really are sitting ducks. Even if Pakistan buys 100 J-11s off the shelf and ramps up its Al-Khalid production we will be over run.

That is how bad our situation is.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles