US Soldiers Could Use Indian Military Bases Soon: 10 Facts

Are you satisifed with the Agreement

• Total voters

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag

Defence Logistics agreement won’t be signed during Modi’s US trip, little progress on other agreements
The LEMOA agreement is based on the Logistics Support Agreement (LSA) signed by the US with its closest allies.
WRITTEN BY SUSHANT SINGH | NEW DELHI |UPDATED: MAY 12, 2016 1:55 PM
The signing of the Logistics Exchange Memorandum of Agreement (LEMOA) for exchange of military logistics services between India and the US is unlikely to happen during Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s visit to the US next month. The progress on other major agreements announced last month during US Defence Secretary Ashton Carter’s visit is also very slow.
The highlight of Carter’s visit to India in early April was the in-principle announcement by the two countries to sign LEMOA, an agreement which will allow the militaries of either country to avail logistics facilities on other’s bases as per an established process, provided the two sides agree to it. Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar had then announced that no further comments can be made till the draft of LEMOA is returned by the defence ministry to Pentagon, which he expected to take around four weeks.
Senior defence ministry sources, however, told The Indian Express that the draft of LEMOA has still not been shared with the Pentagon. “The process of inter-ministerial consultations is on and our effort is to conclude it as early as possible. We are hopeful of signing it in the near future. But there is no chance of LEMOA being signed during the Prime Minister’s visit,” a senior official said.
The Indian Express has also learnt that the Pentagon had sent the draft of LEMOA in January itself, which was negotiated by the defence ministry with a legal team from Pentagon in February this year. Defence ministry confirmed that it had received the drafts in January, and had undertaken negotiations with the team from Pentagon.
“Drafts of the agreements, including LEMOA were delivered in the third week of January and we had a team of experts visit in the first week of February. They discussed each agreement with the members of MEA and MOD at the Joint Secretary level. JS(AMS) and JS(PIC) had received these drafts, besides others, and the drafts were also with the Indian Army, Air Force and Navy,” US defence sources involved in the negotiation of agreements told The Indian Express.
The LEMOA agreement is based on the Logistics Support Agreement (LSA) signed by the US with its closest allies. The LSA has been tailored to reflect India’s concerns, where the language has been amended, as per Indian officials, “to reinforce the non-contractual nature of the agreement”.
According to American sources, “there were minor changes in the text suggested during the negotiations. Sometimes we got the feeling if flying a team of lawyers from Pentagon to Delhi was really worth it.”
Carter had also announced the finalisation of a White Shipping Agreement between India and the US, which also got delayed after the senior Pentagon official dealing with it, cancelled his trip to Delhi this month. According to Navy officials, “We already have a similar agreement with five countries and see no problems here. This agreement though will be signed by the Shipping ministry.”
Another item mentioned during Carter’s Delhi visit was the Aircraft Carrier Working Group established between the two navies, which is also unlikely to see any progress. This was to allow the transfer of American technologies to Indian Navy for the construction of its second indigenous aircraft carrier. While US officials expect the information exchange annexure to be shared by India in a couple of months’ time, Indian Navy officials have told The Indian Express that this will have to await the finalisation of their own Project Report.
The Ministry of Defence has allotted Rs 25 crore to study and prepare a project report for the second indigenous aircraft carrier. A team of three officers, under a Rear Admiral, is working on the study. Once finalised, the report will freeze the navy’s requirement, thereby allowing it to prepare the information exchange annexure to be shared with the US, sources in the navy said.
Take advantage and then flush like toilet paper make India great again and fix America on a place with fevi Kwik.
:bounce::bounce:

Bharat Ek Khoj

Either its stupidity or its a final option for a country like Vietnam to ally with USA.
Vietnam is yet to recover from what USA did to them

OrangeFlorian

Anon Supreme
this is good policy. with us soldier present in india, paki nuke advntage is gone to zero. put us sodiers in metors like mumbai, chennai, bangalore, ncr, kolkata, there places are maximum reveneu generation places.
nononono fuck!!!!! Do you have any idea how much that put our sovereignty at stake

OrangeFlorian

Anon Supreme
Even i don't hate all muslims except kuran believers... all kuran readers&believers are terrorists for me and they must be culled.

Trump is Coming to Make America great again .... I quit this thread again ...so many idiots &cowards.You guys carry on your self-loathing and butt hurt but your whining won't stop Trump, cry baby cry :crying:

bhaiiiiiiiiiiiii they are all kuran believers

Yodha

India is my Identity
Professional
Country flag
Even i don't hate all muslims except kuran believers... all kuran readers&believers are terrorists for me and they must be culled.

Trump is Coming to Make America great again .... I quit this thread again ...so many idiots &cowards.You guys carry on your self-loathing and butt hurt but your whining won't stop Trump, cry baby cry :crying:

A Muslim either believes in Qur'an or either he is an atheist. Period. There are no Muslims such as Qur'an believers and non believers.

Sent from my XT1022 using Tapatalk

sorcerer

Country flag
REALPOLITIK
Donald Trump softens stance on Muslim ban

Responding to remarks by London Mayor Sadiq Khan, Mr Trump told Fox News Radio the ban was "just a suggestion".
http://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-36272236

:D

Another interesting thing to NOTE is the jab of the MUSLIM MAYOR SADIQ KHAN at Trump

Mr Khan has expressed concern that he would not be able to travel to the US under a Trump administration because of his Muslim faith.
http://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-36272236

Funny how the SECULAR Khan is playing the Muslim Card!! London is gonna get really interesting than DC in the coming days!!
Even the house of Saud kept quiet on Trump..cuz they know its an election sales pitch.

January 05, 2016, 07:41 am
Trump: 'I would want to protect Saudi Arabia'
“That’s phase one — to go into Saudi Arabia and, frankly, the Saudis don’t survive without us. And the question is, at what point do we get involved and how much will Saudi Arabia pay us to save them? That’s ultimately what’s going to happen.”

Trump argued that his presidency would back Saudi Arabia in any regional conflict that emerges in the Middle East.

:D

Trump backing Wahabism Factory!!!

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
you just need to see how India made a fool of peskystan in spite of their membership of CENTO in 1971 ....did usa help their partner in cento , peskystan , no they did not ....we can sign a deal with the usa and when it is inconveniente they will walk away from their commitment !! ...they have done it more than once and they will do it with us ....we have to defend ourselves, getting tech from others is fine , in fact it is a must .....but we man the technological systems and try to make our own !

secondly some of you i quoted above ( not all of you ) are saying that we dont have sufficient manpower ? , the manpower ant be trained to be powerful ?we cant buy systems from usa, we cant develop our own , we cant make in India ? even we cant TOT ?
~we managed to give china a heck of a bloodied nose in 1968 and nathu la , sumdorong , but now wth the gap smaller we cant ?

we can wreak havoc to their supply lines
pok is not aksai and the chimps know it .....we can do a deal regarding aksai ...we can get chimps out of pok but not by usa troops
we employ usa troops and ours sit in the unemployed queue ?

secondly the geopolitical situation in the region is fast changing ..we can make it v unprofitable for chimps to engage in warfare with us ....any war with india will take chimps economy to the bottom , fast ....they have more to loose than us and they know it

we can do a sumdorong chu with them in pok , but inly if we have guts

do we have that guts on this forum , there are many things we can do to get the chimps out of pok ...i dont want to give the game away by being too specific
Just because I do not want the US troops on the ground does not mean that I want anything negative with the US we don't want them to be on the ground because they will then do things without consulting us and that will spoil the relationship ...in a sense we lose control .......

it's quite obvious but I am in favour of being an ally and improving the relationship even from where we are and there's no limit to how much we could improve so I'm very much in favour of being a US ally but we have enough manpower and we should not be relying on others otherwise our people would be sitting on the sidelines

but the considering the situation geopolitical training should begin immediately get into the US systems training and give them incentive to start training us immediately

@PrashantAzazel
@angeldude13 @Abhijat @Ancient Indian @anupamsurey @aliyah

@Alien@angeldude13 @Abhijat @Ancient Indian @anupamsurey @aliyah

@Alien @Aravind Sanjeev @A chauhan @asingh10
@aditya g @asianobserve @Bahamut @BATTLE FIELD @bose @Bornubus

@brational @blueblood @Blackwater @Blood+ @bhai-117 @Bangalorean

@bengalraider @Bengal_Tiger @biswas_k11
@cobra commando @Chirag @Chris Jude @Chinmoy @Cadian @DingDong

@dhananjay1 @ersakthivel @FRYCRY @Gessler @garg_bharat @guru-dutt

@Hari Sud@hit&run @HeinzGud @indiandefencefan @I_PLAY_BAD @Indian

Devil @Indibomber @Jangaruda @jackprince @Kshatriya87

@LETHALFORCE@laughingbuddha @mhk99
@MetsaMan @Mark Antony @manutdfan
@maomao @Navneet Kundu @Neil @Nicky G @OneGrimPilgrim @pmaitra

@parijataka @PaliwalWarrior @Pulkit @Rowdy @Razor @Rashna @rock127

@R.parida @shade @sasum @smestarz
@Sakal Gharelu Ustad @Srinivas_K @sunnyv @sgarg @sabari @Sameet2

@saik @sorcerer @Superdefender @sydsnyper @Sridevi @SREEKAR

@Screambowl @Sylex21 @Tactical Frog @TejasMK3 @The enlightened

@tejas warrior @tharun @thethinker @tsunami @VIP @VaghaDeva

@Vishwarupa @Vishal Guts @Yusuf@Yumdoot @Zebra

angeldude13

Lestat De Lioncourt
Country flag
I don't want to see any US troops on Indian soil accept for military exercise or training.

Hemu Vikram Aditya

Country flag
1) because Majority of Hindus are cowards, you need strong independent, aggressive mentility to fight against others.

2) majority of hindus are also 5.5", Slim/"Haddiyo ka dhacha"/Cloth Hangers people with sheep mindset.

3) these people are unfit for fight so they hide behind we are peaceful people excuse.

OFC G/E/D are just code words for Western people to destroy our society.

Germans are still one of the most Racist people on Earth. I am not going to talk about Brits and Yanks rightnow.

you see, i really like Old Hinduism and Sikhism because both Religions are made for and by Warriors.

only thing Majority Hindus can do is keep winning about evil muslims did zis to poor us. they can't even protect Fellow hindus of India and they talk about conquering Pakistan...
You have read the wrong Data Search Abour Brahmins(Bharadwaj and Chitpavans) And Rajputs And Jaats Most are 5'11 or atleast 6 at lowest they are 5'10

Hemu Vikram Aditya

Country flag
And Mohyal (Dutt) Brahmins are most warlike.
Just leaving that barkha (burqa) dutt who is a shame on her ancestors unlike Sunil dutt who married a muslim and produced Hindu Kids with Her:biggrin2:(Sanjay Dutt Who I Think wife is also muslim)

Last edited:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles