Treasure worth over 1 Lac crore unearthed from padmanabhaswamy temple vault

Tomcat

dear members ,

if i am allowed to take a stand for My King and Emperor please here me out

according to historical facts His Highness Sri Padmanabha Dasa Vanchi Pala Anizham Thirunal Maharajah Marthanda Varma, took over this temple in 16th century CEand did the last major rennovation of the temple sinces then the Temple may have been a major repositry of wealth you should also take in to account that the Invasions of Tipu sulatan in to kolothunadu (malabar) and the huge displacement of People from that region might have also bought their wealth and offerd it as a thanks giving to Lord padmanabaand add to that the conquest that his Majesty under took to consolidate the Kingdom all this Booty was also give to the Lord as a presents for his devine hand in helping the travancorian forces .

the transformation of Lord padmanaba swamy to Emperor of Travancore was made perment On January 3, 1750, (5 Makaram, 925 Kollavarsham), Marthanda Varma virtually "dedicated" Travancore to his tutelary deity Padmanabha of Padmanabhaswamy Temple (the Trippadidaanam) and from then on the rulers of Travancore ruled as the "servants of Padmanabha" (the Padmnabha-dasans).

the Travancore state Manual of 1909 shows that the HM goverment of Travancore had to pay for the extension of the Quilon -madars rail road and the extension of British Indian Telagraph Through Klaady to Cochin and British India for which the state paid out of its trade balance and not from any of the assest of lord padmanaba.

for those who doubt the Honesty of the Royal family of travancore here is a small example when the Royal family exits the temple they throughly clean their feet so as to not even take a small speck of dirt that belongs to Lord padmanaban.

When the Kings of Travancore 'declared themselves as servants of Lord Vishnu and ruled His State according to His wishes' it was not a mere lip service. The Kings of Travancore, unlike their counter-parts in the other Princely States of India, utilized only a small portion of their State's resources for their personal use. This was in sharp contrast with some of the North Indian Rajas. When contrasted with the examples of Rajas in the north-west of India who utilized more than half of their State's revenues for their own uses, the simplicity and frugality of the Rajas of Travancore, and their sincere devotion to their subjects, are highlighted. Since they spent most of the State's revenue for the benefit of the public, they were naturally much loved by their subjects. This was so even in the context of the high-handedness of some of their Dewans.

can you guys show me one smiliar politican of today or a burucrat if so i shall call for the same things that you are saying
this is my word

please my friends all that you see is not the world . all that you think is the world is mearly a passing fancy that is just temporary

but please do spare a though for the Family who keep their word to the Lord and ruled as mear puppets of god to protect their
lands and subjects

Arunpillai

This treasure has become a much controversial issue now.. I think it'd be unfair to have lakhs of crores of riches simply lying around in our Padmanabhaswamy temple while much of India is hungry and living in dire poverty... I think the solution would be to divide the money-
all treasure having religious significance should remain in the temple, on top of that assign a part of treasure for temple management and upkeep.. Rest of the treasure must go for poverty alleviation..

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
Already wealthy collectors in the west would have plans to steal this, they are nothing more than theifs who guy buy the name of collectors.

Tomcat

This treasure has become a much controversial issue now.. I think it'd be unfair to have lakhs of crores of riches simply lying around in our Padmanabhaswamy temple while much of India is hungry and living in dire poverty... I think the solution would be to divide the money-
all treasure having religious significance should remain in the temple, on top of that assign a part of treasure for temple management and upkeep.. Rest of the treasure must go for poverty alleviation..

i have a qustion for you pilla cheata would you give your property for the same cause as you are harpping about

Anonymous

So far the trust is trust worthy. Same cannot be said about our sickular govt.

Treasures are not saleable, like treasures in our national museum are not saleable.

Apply it to mosques an churches? Forget it. But wakf boards have idle assets worth thusands of crores. Church is perhaps the largest land holder in India.

No question of govt controlling church assets

TNN Aug 5, 2009, 05.10am IST
PANAJI: The All India Catholic Union (AICU) on Tuesday said that the Christian community in India rejects government intervention in religion "in any form and in any guise".
The AICU was reacting to reports in the media on a seminar held in Goa last week, where speakers had called for a law to govern church properties that would be enacted in consultation with the church.
"There is no question of government control on church and community properties," AICU official spokesman John Dayal said at a press conference in Panaji. Dayal said the AICU represents the Catholic laity in the country.

You got your answer reg church properties.
You put forward a very good perspective. The government should then put forward a law that any religious body be it Hindu, Muslim, Christian etc. can only keep assets which are sufficient for them to run and take the rest for development of the country. All this wealth laying around can be put to good use.

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
I am astonished to see the amount of noise generated to take out the treasure out of temple's control, never heard of noise coming out in the same way for masjid/church. Or it is a fashion to bash temples only for this. I suggest to treat the treasure as national treasure, with government having control of the gold in government vaults. Nothing more then that.

S.A.T.A

These are not treasures per say,rather religious endowments,which cannot be,under various provision of the Indian constitution,like the Hindu Religious and Charitable Endowment Act,used for any purpose other than towards fulfilling religious requirements of the religious institution to which it belongs.

The original petition,in pursuance of which the high court passed an order,which the Supreme court stayed and then ordered the current inventory,merely contends that the current trust,comprising of descendant of the Thiruvankur royal family,is not able to ensure its security,ostensibly because they no longer have a security force.

This is a simple matter of taking over the duties of temple security,which does not require the govt to burden itself with taking over the temple administration.The state is anyway duty bound to provide security to any historical or public monuments and the people who visit it.

P.S:Whether the Sri Padmanabha swamy Temple administration is taken over by the govt appointed Travancore Davaswom Board or the current Royal trust,the artifacts found in the ante chamber of the temple,currently being inventoried, will remain with and in the temple.

Last edited:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
This is what is happening to Wakf land.

No reliable estimates of Wakf property, encroachment - Times Of India
Outlook terms wakf misuse as the biggest land scam in Indian history | ummid.com
Trustees sell Wakf land at throwaway prices - India News - IBNLive

This will happen to the gold coins and bricks etc that has been found.

Better use it than lose it.

Corruption is all round. People will not mind selling their Gods these days to make moolah. So many antique idols have been stolen over the years. I hope there is no daylight robbery in this temple.

Tomcat

i agree with SATA that the Kerala goverment should take the responsiblity for the security of the temple from a historical point of viwe also this is true since the Present kerala goverment is the sucessor of the Trvancore , cochin and malabar sirrkars BUT I DO NOT agree with the TDB taking care of the temple its like giving the Lamb to the Lion on a gold platter

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
But wakf boards have idle assets worth thusands of crores.
As per the report of Sachar Committee (2006) there are about 5 lakh registered Wakfs with 600,000 acres (2,400 km²) land in India, and Rs 6,000 crore book value.

KS

Bye bye DFI
Break down all hidden treasure "chambers" and distribute to the poor.

God doesn't benefit from money but poor people can.
Why doesnt Egypt break down all the Pyramids and distribute the vast treasure inside it ?

One word - Culture, Heritage.

You don't sell your heritage.:tsk:

Also when a mortal - Nizam's jewels can be preserved in the name of Heritage, why not the Lord's or is it because this is Hindu temple ?

KS

Bye bye DFI
It is a bad tradition we, the Indians have to accumulate wealth in religious place. It not only corrupt the priests but bring menace (like Mahmood or Bakhtiyar Khilji) upon these religious institutions. Had they utilised that wealth for some good reasons, atleast for the defence of the state, the Indian history would have been different. It should go to government treasury after proper valuation.
And to Swiss vaults after that.

Sorry its a Hindu tradition that money offered to Lord once can never be taken back and utilized again.

Also the same thinking can come when the Govt nationalizes the Parish and the Waqf properties. Till then all those advocating that this treasure which belongs to the Temple be nationalized can pleasure themselves.

Okay, so the people want the money to be used to help the poor, but the temple says screw that and the government agrees it's the temple's money to do with what they please, and in order to protect all that money, they're going to need to use the people's money?
Oh please....the Kerala minority govt loots one of the richest temples in India, Sabarimala temple by nominating its own members to the Devaswom board and managing the assets there.

It is even used to provide Haj subsidies. So no wrong if they take some money from there to provide the security. No xtians or Muslims need to give the money.

Last edited:

Sabir

DFI TEAM
I agree with those who believe that there must be guidelines on how much property the temples, Church, Mosque can keep to maintain their daily necessity and charitable works....rest should go to the government. Government dont need to sell them, it can issue bonds backed by these assets.........

Sabir

DFI TEAM
And to Swiss vaults after that.

Sorry its a Hindu tradition that money offered to Lord once can never be taken back and utilized again.

Also the same thinking can come when the Govt nationalizes the Parish and the Waqf properties. Till then all those advocating that this treasure which belongs to the Temple be nationalized can pleasure themselves.
Yes there should be same rule for all religious organisation. God is not a spolt kid that you need to make him happy by valuables......Tradition ..my foot......

Tomcat

Yes there should be same rule for all religious organisation. God is not a spolt kid that you need to make him happy by valuables......Tradition ..my foot......
well what can we say Ignornce is Bliss

KS

Bye bye DFI
I am freankly appalled at some posters who suggest this treasure be melted down and nationalized.

Dont they realize that these are our true heritage? our true culture ?

For God sakes if you need money for public spending ask the Govt to being back the trillions in the Swiss vaults, not the Lord's property in the temple vaults.

And those again who say nationalize the treasure, do you know that Parish and Waqf properties are outside Govt ambit ? Why the hell Hindu temples alone must give their treasure for nation building when the others don't lift a finger? Even then do the Hindus have the "first right" to national resources ? No....you have the Prime Minister famously saying the first claim on the national resources goes to Muslims.

Why.....just why ???

http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2009-08-05/goa/28206259_1_properties-church-assets-seminar

The Hindu orgs must out rightly reject any govt interference in this process. Its time to take a stand.

Tomcat

i am tounge tied my friend "it is said for the wise a sign is sufficent to under stand what is being told to him"

Sabir

DFI TEAM
I am freankly appalled at some posters who suggest this treasure be melted down and nationalized.

Dont they realize that these are our true heritage? our true culture ?

For God sakes if you need money for public spending ask the Govt to being back the trillions in the Swiss vaults, not the Lord's property in the temple vaults.

And those again who say nationalize the treasure, do you know that Parish and Waqf properties are outside Govt ambit ? Why the hell Hindu temples alone must give their treasure for nation building when the others don't lift a finger? Even then do the Hindus have the "first right" to national resources ? No....you have the Prime Minister famously saying the first claim on the national resources goes to Muslims.

Why.....just why ???
I am agree with half of your post. Hindu temples alone can not be compelled to give up its wealth. All religious organisation has to show how they utilise their assets and how much they need for smooth operation. Rest should be utilised by the government. It is not that people who wants nationilasiotn of these assets are any less concerned about corruption in government. What we are discussing whether it is ethical or practical to keep so much asset idle when half of our people starving. Gods did not rain golds it is people's hard earned money which was offered to God. If it can save God's people then what is need of such wealth....

KS

Bye bye DFI
Pardon me. But for you, 21st century hippies, whose history starts with 1947, it may be "foot".

But not to me rooted in my culture and proud of my heritage and whose history starts 5000 years back.

I would never sell my heritage, come what may.Period.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles