To counter China, Parrikar rushes to BD

amoy

Japanese and Koreans are not "struggling to make ends meet" like you claim. There's nothing like that. They have owned and operated some of the world biggest and most respected shipping companies and they still do.

Moreover, Chinese companies are winning contracts because of their cheaper bids for their tenders. Not because they have a good "track record". LOL.
The only thing chinese are capable of producing is cheap, low cost stuff... due in part to the cheap labour workforce and in part to the inferior quality metal and alloys used.

I know firsthand what pathetic chinese construction is, having worked on Chinese built ships, as well as Russian, Japanese and Korean built ones.

The first start falling apart within 5 to 6 years of use while the latter ones still have lesser problems after even 20 years.

And you're naming COSCO?? I have been to the COSCO shipyard in Zhanjiang. The standards of safety you guys follow is to say the least, abysmal.

Try and make a fool out of someone else, who's not well informed. It wont work here.
Facts speak louder than your eloquence.

On Chinese, there're examples as given - Ashdod Israel, Piraeus Greece, Rotterdam, Darwin Australia, Abu Dhabi UAE...

with evidences of votes of confidence from developed countries convincingly compared to Indians hailing "quality" "cheap labour" and "competitiveness".

As for Japanese and Koreans, brush up pleaseeee -->>>

Hanjin bankruptcy: Are South Korea's 'chaebols' in crisis?
The bankruptcy of the Hanjin shipping line has thrown ports and retailers around the world into confusion, with giant container ships marooned and merchants worrying whether hundreds of tonnes of goods being carried by the South Korean company will reach shelves.
Japan’s K Line, MOL, NYK to merge container shipping business
They're losing big $$$ in the adverse business climate so they need to hug together for warmth.
The three Japanese firms, Kawasaki Kisen Kaisha (K Line), Mitsui OSK Lines (MOL) and Nippon Yusen Kaisha (NYK), said the decision to integrate came on the back of low oil prices, sluggish cargo demand, oversupply of trade capacity, and container freight rates at historic lows.
Are u from Mars? The world is much different from last time u got updated.

armyofhind

Country flag
Facts speak louder than your eloquence
Sure enough. Like I told you some about the abysmal build quality of chinese vessels.
And as far as I am concerned, I'm not even being eloquent here my little chinese friend.

On Chinese, there're examples as given - Ashdod Israel, Piraeus Greece, Rotterdam, Darwin Australia, Abu Dhabi UAE...
Yes, like I said in my earlier post as well, low cost of tenders.. for reasons of cheap labour and low cost materials.

They're losing big $$$ in the adverse business climate so they need to hug together for warmth.
This is nothing unique to the japanese. Shipping the world over has been hit by the same factors.

And do you think that container shipping is all these firms do? You're even dumber than you portray yourself as then.

I'm right here from earth my friend. But you seem to be an Ostrich. Cheers.

IndianHawk

Country flag
Do u mean whatever good India does, they (South Asian peers) would hate u as usual?
It's not that they hate India it's just that it's always politically convenient to blame India for their internal problems.
Given India's sheer size and weight in the region.
In that case I would say u haven't done enough. If India is able to pour 30 billion-ringgit ($7.2 billion) things would be a lot different.
You're again overestimating the power of money.
Japan has poured much more into china since WW2 ended. It has provided employment to millions of chinese given technology too.
And after all how do Chinese feel about Japan ??
Money is just another factor nothing more nothing less!

Problems with Japan Vietnam Malaysia... Yes. Those troubles don't go away overnight but everyone in the loop adopts a business-as-usual attitude and keeps others engaged. Most of time the seas are quite calm. And all those ties (the bigger picture) - trade, investment, tourism, ethnic Chinese minority, military interactions - make both refrain from escalating occasional tensions. Malaysia in particular downplays frictions with China, and vice versa.
Buddy there is always peace as long as there is peace :biggrin2:
You should know peace is always fragile.
If issues exist there is always possibility of conflict. Most of the time borders are also quite until they are not!

IndianHawk

Country flag
Facts speak louder than your eloquence.

with evidences of votes of confidence from developed countries convincingly compared to Indians hailing "quality" "cheap labour" and "competitiveness".

As for Japanese and Koreans, brush up pleaseeee -->>>

Hanjin bankruptcy: Are South Korea's 'chaebols' in crisis?

Isn't Chinese economy itself in turbulence these days . Using selective examples proves nothing.

Last time I updated china is reeling with serious overcapacity issues. Factories are laying off workers.
Entire global economy is in turmoil so is shipping industry .

How Chinese won projects has always been controversial. So many investigations going on in different countries over such contracts .

J20!

Country flag
Japanese and Koreans are not "struggling to make ends meet" like you claim. There's nothing like that. They have owned and operated some of the world biggest and most respected shipping companies and they still do.

Moreover, Chinese companies are winning contracts because of their cheaper bids for their tenders. Not because they have a good "track record". LOL.
The only thing chinese are capable of producing is cheap, low cost stuff... due in part to the cheap labour workforce and in part to the inferior quality metal and alloys used.

I know firsthand what pathetic chinese construction is, having worked on Chinese built ships, as well as Russian, Japanese and Korean built ones.

The first start falling apart within 5 to 6 years of use while the latter ones still have lesser problems after even 20 years.

And you're naming COSCO?? I have been to the COSCO shipyard in Zhanjiang. The standards of safety you guys follow is to say the least, abysmal.

Try and make a fool out of someone else, who's not well informed. It wont work here.
Do you have a source for your info other than your dubious "experience on Chinese built ships"?

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Do u mean whatever good India does, they (South Asian peers) would hate u as usual?
Probably you must visit their forum to confirm that. Being anti India is a fashionable thing in South Asia.

These f*kin morons over that called call us "obsessed with Bangladesh, Pakistan etc."

These are the PROFESSIONALS on peedf.:facepalm:
This is one example, I can show you much nanhe mujahid (baby sunni terrorists declaring war on India, preparing horses for ghazwa tul hind.
In that case I would say u haven't done enough. If India is able to pour 30 billion-ringgit ($7.2 billion) things would be a lot different.
Yes off course but that's geopolitical level. India invested way more than past decade, things changed for India, will keep changing.
Here we are talking about forum level. Anti India sentiments propagated in Bangladeshis by jamaatis (and nobody needs to make Pakistanis anti India) and to some extent identity crisis.
Chinese are probably the most rational and pragmatic in the world.
I hope you will apply that in NSG in future.
Problems with Japan Vietnam Malaysia... Yes. Those troubles don't go away overnight but everyone in the loop adopts a business-as-usual attitude and keeps others engaged. Most of time the seas are quite calm. And all those ties (the bigger picture) - trade, investment, tourism, ethnic Chinese minority, military interactions - make both refrain from escalating occasional tensions. Malaysia in particular downplays frictions with China, and vice versa.
Then, what's problem with Indian borders. No trouble is happening (except fire exchanges with some wahabist jihadis).
But just a visit of Vietnam would make u understand why Vietnam is just a mini-version of China, like Nepal is to India.
Again, Vietnam isn't as week as Nepal is.
For culture of SE/E Asians and Chinese, I don't know much about Chinese cultural sphere, but for Nepalis, they are relatively more religious and traditional people.

Nepali people look like a mix up of a Indians and East Asians, akin to Sikkimese or people from northern part of western bengal.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
It is demolition of string of Pearl with diplomacy and not with military measures. 10/10 to modi and his team.

rockey 71

In that case, I'm able to list up similar for Afghanistan, Nepal, Myanmar, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh etc.. Issue is Vietnam, Japan. And even if China is doing something nice here, you can apply it to India who's always hated by these Arab wannabe Bangladeshis for anything.

We don't hate nobody, Mister. However, we do not take kindly to bullying/bossing and groundless chest thumping.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
We don't hate nobody, Mister. However, we do not take kindly to bullying/bossing and groundless chest thumping.
When did we bully you? Instead we leaned.
Maritime boundary disputebetween India and BD, whose resolution could be easily defied by India, was actually followed by us. That says enough about our goodwill unlike China's might is right approach in SCS.

"Bully" word is nothing but just a swag. Just a new fashion to show themselves as a "regional competitor" of India. First by Pakistanis, now Bangladeshis.

amoy

Isn't Chinese economy itself in turbulence these days . Using selective examples proves nothing.

Last time I updated china is reeling with serious overcapacity issues. Factories are laying off workers.
Entire global economy is in turmoil so is shipping industry .

How Chinese won projects has always been controversial. So many investigations going on in different countries over such contracts .
Just dot-line all these economic phenomena that u highlighted with key words as follows --

overcapacity ... turmoil... lay-off ... Chinese projects ... investigation

So, there's rationale - domestic over-capacity leads to more overseas expansion to absorb itself. And being more aggressive for foreign projects is likely to inflict more wounds (contraversial / potential "investigations"). Inaction of course means less exposure to risks but Chinese adopt the more proactive but risk-taking approach.

By the way, those examples are not selective, but do indicate a pattern or trend.

Japan: Shipbuilding Orders Dry Up
Bankruptcy in sight for South Korean shipbuilders

Both Japanese and Koreans rely on Chinese market on one hand, and face Chinese competition on the other hand.

From 2006 to 2008, huge numbers of orders were placed for bulk carriers to transport raw materials to China, where demand for energy was soaring due to the country’s rapid economic growth. These vessels were completed and came into service during the global recession, creating a global glut of ships. At the same time, low-cost Chinese shipbuilders were garnering a greater share of the global market. This compounded the woes of Japanese players, which were suffering from the effects of the recession and a strengthening yen.

IndianHawk

Country flag
Just dot-line all these economic phenomena that u highlighted with key words as follows --

overcapacity ... turmoil... lay-off ... Chinese projects ... investigation

So, there's rationale - domestic over-capacity leads to more overseas expansion to absorb itself. And being more aggressive for foreign projects is likely to inflict more wounds (contraversial / potential "investigations"). Inaction of course means less exposure to risks but Chinese adopt the more proactive but risk-taking approach.

By the way, those examples are not selective, but do indicate a pattern or trend.

Japan: Shipbuilding Orders Dry Up
Bankruptcy in sight for South Korean shipbuilders

Both Japanese and Koreans rely on Chinese market on one hand, and face Chinese competition on the other hand.
Same thing as I was indicating. Trouble of Japanese or Korean shipping industry is just that an economic adjustment according to global situation.

They do not indicate deeper trouble in these economies .

But chinese problem is much more fundamental. Slowdown in it's economy has led to turmoil in many raw material exporting countries which will in turn led to decrease in Chinese export to these countries. That is messed up:scared2:

republic_roi97

Country flag
Same thing as I was indicating. Trouble of Japanese or Korean shipping industry is just that an economic adjustment according to global situation.

They do not indicate deeper trouble in these economies .

But chinese problem is much more fundamental. Slowdown in it's economy has led to turmoil in many raw material exporting countries which will in turn led to decrease in Chinese export to these countries. That is messed up:scared2:
And they are bringing it on themselves with all that debt....:truestory:

J20!

Country flag
The only thing dubious here are the claims of 50 cent-ers like yourself to be a wollddwaaiiidee supa powa. :biggrin2:
So I'm guessing that means you don't have a source...

Please quote where I said China is a super power... To my knowledge, there is only 1(the US), and China has a much bigger ship building industry than the US does. Simple fact.

Why are u so bitter? you hating on China doesn't make India any better...

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
To get the idia of what the chinese intention is , one need to listen to the speech of Tibetan Prime minister and what china did to them after doing so called development. He said that he told an African that was china doing those things in Africa? He said that the other fellow surprised and said yes and asked him that how did he know that. He said that he told him that china had done same things in Tibet years ago. These small Ch**ya countries do not understand the chinese design and let china enter in their country for some economic benefits but they do not know that they are making themselves slaves. If they do not understand this, it is our responsibility to make them fall in line. They can create a danger for themselves and region otherwise.
One Ch***ya country has almost sold itself to china. We need to make sure that china does not success in her malafide design. Modi is doing a great job to contain china. He has almost fuC**ed up CPEC. we require a great resource, diplomacy and policy to defeat dirty design of china not only in region but in whole world. Only India has the power to do that. US is selfish and has no power. Not military but power in sense of willingness, credibility, diplomacy and achieve the goal in long run. We have a great work to defeat the design of china in our region as well as in whole world. We need to create a better awareness of chinese design world wide. On economic front, we need to emerge as a substitute of cheap chinese goods. We are successful to a great extent in Modi regime a lot more need to be done.

Last edited:

amoy

To get the idia of what the chinese intention is , one need to listen to the speech of Tibetan Prime minister and what china did to them after doing so called development. He said that he told an African that was china doing those things in Africa?
The so-called Tibetn PM is housed in India? Good! Then the prospect of bilateral relations is self explanatory.

What this "PM" said to Africans about development was ridiculous. Africans know what's good for themselves. Long before advent of Chinese competition, there had been Western monopoly, Mobil, Shell, Chevron, Total alike to exploit their resources. Thanks to friendly Chinese, Africans are enabled (with more options) to cut deals with better terms in favour of themselves.

Unlike India's beggar-thy-neighbour tactics, China wants her neighbours to jump on the bandwagon of development. It benefits Chinese too - I'd rather see the X-trillion foreign reserve being invested in the Silk Road Belt for future return than rotting in the US treasury bonds with low yields. That's win-win.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
The so-called Tibetn PM is housed in India? Good! Then the prospect of bilateral relations is self explanatory.
It is our tradition to give asylum to opperesed people and we did it. To hell with bilateral relations. We do not need china and you are not keeping relations with us to oblige us.
What this "PM" said to Africans about development was ridiculous. Africans know what's good for themselves. Long before advent of Chinese competition, there had been Western monopoly, Mobil, Shell, Chevron, Total alike to exploit their resources. Thanks to friendly Chinese, Africans are enabled (with more options) to cut deals with better terms in favour of themselves.
Forget about africa. Pakistan is your closest friend. They have started realizing CPEC as a fraud with them. Many of their intellectuals are warning their government about the alliance with china. Their patriot ex servicemen are also raising the voice. Africa need to be made aware of dirty chinese design. You are not obliging Africa by selling your cheap mobiles. you get money in return. When mobile came new in market, they were costly like each new thing. They became cheaper subsequently world wide.

Unlike India's beggar-thy-neighbour tactics, China wants her neighbors to jump on the bandwagon of development. It benefits Chinese too - I'd rather see the X-trillion foreign reserve being invested in the Silk Road Belt for future return than rotting in the US treasury bonds with low yields. That's win-win.
Oh yes, when your government can not give the right to her citizen and you are talking here loud mouth about enriching others. We know how open media is banned in china and how china is a single nation who execute more people than whole world and the people are shot in head by lining up in public. First of all when your government will give you the right, we will believe that they can do welfare to others. Look what we did in Nepal, Bhutan , BD etc. We do not just invest there, we help them to develop medical felicity, education facility , public administration etc an have helped to be better countries. We just do not bribe and take contract on unfavorable terms what you did in pakistan CPEC. You had promised a massive investment in Pakistan power sector. What happened to that? Why are you not investing there and asking for RS 16 a unit? Almost a three time higher cost. Your all so called welfare is aimed and making host nation slave. When srilank wanted to withdraw from your port project , you threatened srilank to pay some 200 mn USd as loss. You made Tibet an independent nation a slave. You are killing the people in Hing kong and deprives them from basic human right and democracy. You have targeted some 1000 missile against a small country Taiwan. You guys are creating problems with Japan, Vietnam, Philippines. Your rise is a rise of an evil and we have the guts to curtail you. See how Mr modi has changed the equations in south china sea and Indian ocean. This is just a binning. You see how we change the equation in days to come. you will not be able to finish CPEC irrespective of how much you try. You have grab our land in laddakh. We owe you so many things and we are committed to pay all this back with interest. Your collapse has begun. Wait for few years and you will get a clear picture of where the things are heading towards.

Last edited:

Ravinath

Country flag
What is point of this? I doubt Bangladesh will ever help India if conflict ever arise with China. If that help would even make any difference at all.

armyofhind

Country flag
So I'm guessing that means you don't have a source...

Please quote where I said China is a super power... To my knowledge, there is only 1(the US), and China has a much bigger ship building industry than the US does. Simple fact.

Why are u so bitter? you hating on China doesn't make India any better...
My source is my own experience on Chinese built ships, beyond that I dont need anyone else to tell me of their pathetic quality. Ive worked on two of them till date, one made in Zhanjiang and one at Rugao and the build quality of both was to say the least, pathetic.
Its not surprising then that most chinese built vessels fly either their own flag or one of ports of convenience like Panama or Marshall Islands, who relax their flag state requirements to certify substandard ships in order to gain revenue.
And thats the gist of the story for almost every chinese product or construction. Substandard materials and cheap labour to win tenders and contracts because they are bid at a lower price.

If you want further confirmation, ask the marine engineering community. Their woes are far greater than mine.

I hate China because you're India's enemies. Simple. Is there anything to doubt or question about that? Your Politburo seems to think that you can steamroll your way and get it going as per your terms in every geopolitical situation.. but unfortunately for you, times are changing.
Cheers.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
My source is my own experience on Chinese built ships, beyond that I dont need anyone else to tell me of their pathetic quality. Ive worked on two of them till date, one made in Zhanjiang and one at Rugao and the build quality of both was to say the least, pathetic.
Its not surprising then that most chinese built vessels fly either their own flag or one of ports of convenience like Panama or Marshall Islands, who relax their flag state requirements to certify substandard ships in order to gain revenue.
And thats the gist of the story for almost every chinese product or construction. Substandard materials and cheap labour to win tenders and contracts because they are bid at a lower price.

If you want further confirmation, ask the marine engineering community. Their woes are far greater than mine.

I hate China because you're India's enemies. Simple. Is there anything to doubt or question about that? Your Politburo seems to think that you can steamroll your way and get it going as per your terms in every geopolitical situation.. but unfortunately for you, times are changing.
Cheers.
Could you please stop trolling? You're even embarrassing Indians.:facepalm:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles