The Movie Recommendation Thread

Kshatriya87

Country flag
Agreed his suspnse thing is good but I have/had a thing for crop circles/alien type movies.

PS: Did you watch the "Scary Movie" parody of Signs. Laugh riot. :D
Hell yes. Also, for years I've been scared of exorcist. But the moment I saw scary movies parody on it, I laughed all that demon stuff off.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

alphacentury

Country flag
Agreed his suspnse thing is good but I have/had a thing for crop circles/alien type movies.

PS: Did you watch the "Scary Movie" parody of Signs. Laugh riot. :D
Any good alien themed movie, you can recommend?

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Any good alien themed movie, you can recommend?
You know stuff like Edge of tomorrow, Pacific Rim, prometheus (the entire predator-alien series :D ), Battle:LA, Species ( :D ) and many more.
I know these ain't grade A movies but have soft corner for these.

Kshatriya87

Country flag
You know stuff like Edge of tomorrow, Pacific Rim, prometheus (the entire predator-alien series :D ), Battle:LA, Species ( :D ) and many more.
One of the best alien movies I liked was "The Day the Earth stood still"

alphacentury

Country flag
TBH, except AVP series, I did not find these any good. For me, suspense was missing. Though they were good entertainment wise. The only good alien movies I can recall are 'Signs' & 'Contact'.

ps- Fun fact: I saw the first 'Predator' movie when I was in junior school. I almost shat myself. Never had any fear of ghost or anything, but to this day I am scared of 'predator' to some degree. Like, how do you defeat that thing? Its fking big & has 'alien' technology. Also, it can go invisible. :shock::scared2:

Bharat Ek Khoj

TBH, except AVP series, I did not find these any good. For me, suspense was missing. Though they were good entertainment wise. The only good alien movies I can recall are 'Signs' & 'Contact'.

ps- Fun fact: I saw the first 'Predator' movie when I was in junior school. I almost shat myself. Never had any fear of ghost or anything, but to this day I am scared of 'predator' to some degree. Like, how do you defeat that thing? Its fking big & has 'alien' technology. Also, it can go invisible. :shock::scared2:
I think Predator is the movie, I might have watched maximum times compare to any other one.

OneGrimPilgrim

Country flag
after watching 'the visit' last-to-last weekend (wow! seems like only 2 days back. time flies!), watched '10 cloverfield lane' this time. highly recommended! similar 'punchy' movie, albeit I read its a remake of an older movie (touted as the 'better' one). will watch that one too sometime.

Kshatriya87

Country flag
after watching 'the visit' last-to-last weekend (wow! seems like only 2 days back. time flies!), watched '10 cloverfield lane' this time. highly recommended! similar 'punchy' movie, albeit I read its a remake of an older movie (touted as the 'better' one). will watch that one too sometime.
I saw that too. I thought "10 cloverfield lane" was a sequel to "cloverfield" but it doesn't seem to be.

I've got my hands on "session 9". Still haven't got the time to watch though. I will let you know when I do.

BTW, how did you like "the visit"?

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
I think Predator is the movie, I might have watched maximum times compare to any other one.
The movie that I have watched the most is the Police Story Series of Jackie Chan.
1,2 and 3 only.
1= taking down crime boss.
2= the 3 blackmailers.
3= the triads movie.

JC considers these to be his best movies.

I have watched each of these 3 movies probably dozens of time.

Good old days :yey:

As far as action movies are considered, nobody even comes near JC and his team.

Kshatriya87

Country flag
The movie that I have watched the most is the Police Story Series of Jackie Chan.
1,2 and 3 only.
1= taking down crime boss.
2= the 3 blackmailers.
3= the triads movie.

JC considers these to be his best movies.

I have watched each of these 3 movies probably dozens of time.

Good old days :yey:

As far as action movies are considered, nobody even comes near JC and his team.
Yes, thats because he actually truly knows action unlike the other movie actors. In one of his interview he explained that the reason his movies are liked is because he shows the total overall action as it is. Hollywood movies keep shaking the camera and change the angle every second. This is done to make the action sequence look intense and real when it is not.

In JC movies, notice the camera. Its still. It shows the action as it is.

OneGrimPilgrim

Country flag
I saw that too. I thought "10 cloverfield lane" was a sequel to "cloverfield" but it doesn't seem to be.

I've got my hands on "session 9". Still haven't got the time to watch though. I will let you know when I do.

BTW, how did you like "the visit"?
the visit - a 'satisfying' movie I watched in a long time.

wanted to watch 'cloverfield' but cant find it.

Kshatriya87

Country flag
the visit - a 'satisfying' movie I watched in a long time.

wanted to watch 'cloverfield' but cant find it.
It's again a found footage movie showing an alien/giant creature attack on New York. Can watch once. Don't get your hopes up.

OneGrimPilgrim

Country flag
regarding Jackie chan, some of my favourites have been 'rumble in the bronx' (the short scene of his practicing wooden dummy forms is just too much!), 'who am i' (only JC movie I watched in a theater, other than shanghai noon), almost all of his with sammo hung, 'snake in the eagle's shadow' (the main theme soundtrack, though not original, is too good), 'the drunken master' (only the first part), 'wheels on meals' (with another power action actor, yuen biao), 'gorgeous' (in this the rival seems better than JC at speed/action - brad allan. many yrs back there was a site on him, where on a pic of his it showed body-parts where he had suffered injuries in practice & trade; almost all body parts!).

I have a DVD of a sort of docum. on JC. shows him practicing in his gym with others of his crew. almost all who play villains in his movies are/were his team-members.

Last edited:

Kshatriya87

Country flag
I also like one JC movie with Cruise ship hijack in it. Got some pretty good action sequences with a lot of comedy in it.

OneGrimPilgrim

Country flag
It's again a found footage movie showing an alien/giant creature attack on New York. Can watch once. Don't get your hopes up.

yeah I read. will watch without any expectations.

have you watched 'dark skies'? its relatively new & I think on UFO abductions.

Kshatriya87

Country flag
yeah I read. will watch without any expectations.

have you watched 'dark skies'? its relatively new & I think on UFO abductions.
Ahh.. Yes. I've seen it. Didn't like it that much.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles