Ten strange aircraft that were never inducted

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional

Does the pilot actually have a rifle and a fixed bayonet?

indian_sukhoi

I remember this one watching in Discovery.

The US actually started a program way back ago for Flying Soldiers. Although the program got cancelled for various reasons!!

pmaitra

p2prada

:rofl:

You know what, if I were standing on that helicopter when I read your post, I'd be dead by now. :pound:
On a normal day, I would rather stab myself with the bayonet than stand on it.

anoop_mig25

Country flag
most of them americans

ok off topic but whether here anybody knows this or not , in past i have seen a discovery programme which talked about plane without any wings. it was developed by former USSR . i was round(/sphere) in shape and had 2 small sized wings which they said for balancing purpose. they even tested on some river where it flew.some meters above the water. but it was abandon when USSR disintegrated . does anybody can throw light on it please

anoop_mig25

Country flag
ok i got it on net today and here it is. it was named Tarielka
At a once secret airbase outside Moscow, ingenious Russian engineers created what looked more like a 'flying saucer' than a plane. Called 'Tarielka', it was conceived during the height of the Cold War under the old Soviet Union.
The Russian methods were low-tech, but the results were remarkable. It looked impossible, but the Tarielka flew. Initial tests on scale models were so successful that construction quickly began on a full sized Tarielka. Looking like a spaceship from a Science Fiction movie the Tarielka was designed to carry up to a dozen passengers and was poised to become the new executive jet of the future. Its engines are housed inside the main body. The small wings, which provide no lift at all, help to stabilise and steer the machine. The aerodynamic lift comes from the wing-like cross sectional shape of aircraft itself. However, the investment required to transform the Tarielka from a promising prototype into a truly reliable and airworthy aircraft was immense. The cash poor Russian government was forced to withdraw it's funding. Developing radical new technologies is never cheap.
- Hyper-X - Flight into the Millennium

AND EVEN VIDOE IS THERE OVER IT

Last edited by a moderator:

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Something like the the scythed chariot?
These kind of contraptions may actually be more dangerous to riders than the enemies (just imagine that guy falling off the side of the chariot, or the US soldier off his pedestal...)... :shocked:

pmaitra

These kind of contraptions may actually be more dangerous to riders than the enemies (just imagine that guy falling off the side of the chariot, or the US soldier off his pedestal...)... :shocked:
Exactly, see P2Prada's post. He said the same thing.

indian_sukhoi

Imagine the alerted Enemy fired few rounds over the open target. Forget stealth and first shoot advantage, The rotor sound will alert the enemy even before the soldier comes to location.

Even if he survived the bullet raining, the rotors will sure slice him up.

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
Guys the other day India celebrated some event in the remembrance of an AIRCRAFT which was designed by INDIA during the 1971 war and they said the fighter was to fast to control and the pilots were not able to fly and described as a coffin and so it was not inducted into the airforce....

Rahul92

I still don't understand how the hell this will land

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles