Sri Lanka snubs India opens port to Chinese submarine again

ladder

Country flag
There is nothing SL can do to push India. It is always India that push SL to do things. And anyway Don't put empty threats on SL. We all know that India can't even raise the finger on Pakistan so don't become the nuclear aggressor and lose the status quo.
LOL! Sir Rajapaksha is here.

Good Morning your Excellency, EX. President of Sri Lanka.

brational

Country flag
There is nothing SL can do to push India. It is always India that push SL to do things. And anyway Don't put empty threats on SL. We all know that India can't even raise the finger on Pakistan so don't become the nuclear aggressor and lose the status quo.
Look who is preaching about nuclear aggression, Wasn't your previous post about Sri Lanka(Chinese Commission Agent) deploying Chinese Long Range Nuclear Missiles against India? Regarding Sri Lankan push, Whether Sri Lanka allowed Chinese Subs to please India? Sri Lanka need not to worry about threats from India as we do not bully our neighbors. Regarding Pakistan threat, we never attack countries or help any country to attack others. You need to wait till Pakistan attack India again.

The most funny part is, like Pakistanis, Sri Lankans too have exceeded my expectation in making retarded comments. Definitely the ISI agents working in SL are doing commendable jobs.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador

==============
==============

^^ Its not even a year, People like to forget lessons and start shouting same slogan of Bhai-Bhai since 1962 ..

Suggestion to keep it to yourself on this thread ..

I think this China vs India is getting too overboard.

India has to go a long way in developing itself. If China has developed more, it is logical if China helps neighboring countries.
To my Indian friends - please contribute to development of India rather than shouting China down.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Its Geography, Its logical ..

You don`t **** off you big neighbors for silly things, SL government is smart and knows what its doing now ..

If India pushes SL too much, SL might allow China to install long range nuclear missiles in SL. It's India's call. The India antagonize SL the more SL edges towards China.
=================
=================

Every-time a PLAN Sub makes through the Andaman Sea they do it on surface, Any submerged ones always gets a big ping from Indian Kilos ..

The only way to maximize their fake thread over our waters is to make such shows for big PR, Probably learned from Pakistanis they are good at it ..

Chinese nuclear subs are roaming freely across IOR, is a greater concern than berthing in srilanka. I wonder whether we have the capability to detect them if they sneak into our waters.

HeinzGud

Country flag
Look who is preaching about nuclear aggression, Wasn't your previous post about Sri Lanka(Chinese Commission Agent) deploying Chinese Long Range Nuclear Missiles against India? Regarding Sri Lankan push, Whether Sri Lanka allowed Chinese Subs to please India? Sri Lanka need not to worry about threats from India as we do not bully our neighbors. Regarding Pakistan threat, we never attack countries or help any country to attack others. You need to wait till Pakistan attack India again.

The most funny part is, like Pakistanis, Sri Lankans too have exceeded my expectation in making retarded comments. Definitely the ISI agents working in SL are doing commendable jobs.
What I suggested was only the installation of nuclear silos and missiles not the actual firing of it on India. It is for the self defense of SL if India pushes too much.

It is reassuring to know that India does not bully it's neighbors. Anyway SL should prepare for anything.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
If India pushes SL too much, SL might allow China to install long range nuclear missiles in SL. It's India's call. The India antagonize SL the more SL edges towards China.
We could uproot the Rajapakse administration. Our int-net in Lanka is soild. The moment we get a whiff of missile silos being planned in Lankan soil, key people in Colombo will die.

HeinzGud

Country flag
SL allowing CN nuclear subs was described as a petty issue as well in the past as well. :rofl:

I have never said SL as not a neutral country have I?

You seem to be a bit weak in recalling contemporary history of SL.
What kind of recalling is necessary in History? Please elaborate.

HeinzGud

Country flag
We could uproot the Rajapakse administration. Our int-net in Lanka is soild. The moment we get a whiff of missile silos being planned in Lankan soil, key people in Colombo will die.
Well then someone will replace them.

ladder

Country flag
What kind of recalling is necessary in History? Please elaborate.
Can't, I can only give a little push. But, your response ( SL refuelling PAK planes in 1965,71 was a petty issue) shows that I have to start from elementary level. Lot of hand holding is required. Can't commit that much time and resources.

tharikiran

Country flag
What I suggested was only the installation of nuclear silos and missiles not the actual firing of it on India. It is for the self defense of SL if India pushes too much.

It is reassuring to know that India does not bully it's neighbors. Anyway SL should prepare for anything.
You serious. You need to re-read what you wrote. You think India will allow Sri-Lanka to have nuclear missile silos.What are you smoking.It will not happen tomorrow or in a thousand years. Forget about it.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag

Heinzgud, this talk of nuclear silos and crap like that does no good to either SL or India.

We are at a very exciting phase of India's growth. The next 15 years will see India rise from a low-income nation to a middle-income nation. All our friendly neighbours will be pulled up in the process, and both parties will benefit. Trade will immensely pull up living standards in both SL and India. We have a great chance, a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to bring the Indian subcontinent up to middle-income levels and really be counted as one of the poles of the world.

Of course, Pakistan will not be part of this cycle of growth, precisely because they choose a confrontational approach. The Paki idiots ban imports of cheap Indian goods. What happens is, all the goods go to Dubai, the UAE earns a handsome commission, and the goods are then transported from Dubai to Karachi! Pakis think they are rejecting the "Hindu baniya's goods" whereas in reality, they are paying 3 times the cost for the same goods.

I think we should cooperate and focus on pulling ourselves up in the next 15 years. Imagine Indian companies like GMR Infra, Infosys, L&T, Dr. Reddy's labs, etc. setting up shop in Sri Lanka. Imagine the most intelligent Sri Lankans studying in IITs in India. Imagine the demand for goods and services by SL companies in the massive and vast economy of India. This applies to Bhutan, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Maldives, Mauritius, and to some extent Bangladesh also.

Do you want this, or do you want to be a pawn in international power games and intrigue? What do you benefit out of it? The LTTE movement is dead, and India doesn't covet any Sri Lankan territory anyway. What is all this shit-stirring in aid of?

Please focus on positivity - the current regime is extremely proactive and business-friendly, please take advantage of it. Stop this crap about Chinese nukes being placed in SL. If you still want to go down that path, its your choice. Choose wisely.

brational

Country flag

You are simply superb and I am bowing down to your wisdom and revolutionary thought. Only Pakistanis had similar thoughts, now you guys rock too.. In India we call it as ideas coming from a "Zahil" which means you are at par with Newton.

Last edited:

sgarg

OK. Strange discussion going on here.
Let Sri Lanka make its own choices. Diplomacy is not done by shouting down.
Strength is seen, not shown.
Indians needs to focus on making India strong. Forget about Sri Lanka. It does not matter if a Chinese sub docks at a Lankan port.

Last edited:

sgarg

I think it is foolish to take any action of China as anti-India. There are other fish in the lake.
Let China develop infrastructure in Sri Lanka. Criticizing it does not help. India needs its money to work in India. India is NOT in a position to throw money at Sri Lanka. If China wants to throw its money at Sri Lanka, well good.

sgarg

Only fools talk about nuclear options. A Sri-Lankan believing that China is about to deploy nuclear missiles in Sri Lanka is not thinking straight. India has a lot of options in Sri Lanka. A Tamil Ealam supported by Indian military cannot be suppressed by Colombo. This should be very clear to Colombo.

A Sri-Lanka dreaming of striking South India is not a neutral Sri Lanka for sure. And India has several tools to deal with such Sri Lanka.

HeinzGud

Country flag
Heinzgud, this talk of nuclear silos and crap like that does no good to either SL or India.

We are at a very exciting phase of India's growth. The next 15 years will see India rise from a low-income nation to a middle-income nation. All our friendly neighbours will be pulled up in the process, and both parties will benefit. Trade will immensely pull up living standards in both SL and India. We have a great chance, a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to bring the Indian subcontinent up to middle-income levels and really be counted as one of the poles of the world.

Of course, Pakistan will not be part of this cycle of growth, precisely because they choose a confrontational approach. The Paki idiots ban imports of cheap Indian goods. What happens is, all the goods go to Dubai, the UAE earns a handsome commission, and the goods are then transported from Dubai to Karachi! Pakis think they are rejecting the "Hindu baniya's goods" whereas in reality, they are paying 3 times the cost for the same goods.

I think we should cooperate and focus on pulling ourselves up in the next 15 years. Imagine Indian companies like GMR Infra, Infosys, L&T, Dr. Reddy's labs, etc. setting up shop in Sri Lanka. Imagine the most intelligent Sri Lankans studying in IITs in India. Imagine the demand for goods and services by SL companies in the massive and vast economy of India. This applies to Bhutan, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Maldives, Mauritius, and to some extent Bangladesh also.

Do you want this, or do you want to be a pawn in international power games and intrigue? What do you benefit out of it? The LTTE movement is dead, and India doesn't covet any Sri Lankan territory anyway. What is all this shit-stirring in aid of?

Please focus on positivity - the current regime is extremely proactive and business-friendly, please take advantage of it. Stop this crap about Chinese nukes being placed in SL. If you still want to go down that path, its your choice. Choose wisely.
Oh don't take the nuke talk too seriously I was just busting balls.

Anyway I really doubt that India might jump from low level income to middle level income country within the next 15 years. The reason for my judgement is of Indian population. Do you really think India can push the rural low income earners to middle income level or you are just referring to the GDP? Also can you tell me the method of increasing the income level of Indians?

Well on the cheap Indian goods, in SL cheap or in certain cases expensive Indian goods are regarded just inferior in quality therefore Indian products do not hold any significant value or position in SL market. Anyway IMHO SL can produce our own cheap goods rather than opening our own market to Indian products.

Well I'm aware that Indian IT industry is expanding and thriving in the current global business environment. Anyway aren't those Indian IT companies just a outsourcing locations for the US tech giants? If Indian IT companies tries to establish in SL wouldn't they do the same outsourcing as the US companies? On the foot note SL also have a thriving and vibrant tech industry and I think it can grow on it's own rather than joining up with Indian companies. You can correct me if I'm wrong.

HeinzGud

Country flag
Only fools talk about nuclear options. A Sri-Lankan believing that China is about to deploy nuclear missiles in Sri Lanka is not thinking straight. India has a lot of options in Sri Lanka. A Tamil Ealam supported by Indian military cannot be suppressed by Colombo. This should be very clear to Colombo.

A Sri-Lanka dreaming of striking South India is not a neutral Sri Lanka for sure. And India has several tools to deal with such Sri Lanka.
We almost finished off LTTE in 1985 when Indian intertwined and forced us to oblige to Indian demands. I do not think that will happen in future.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
Oh don't take the nuke talk too seriously I was just busting balls.

Anyway I really doubt that India might jump from low level income to middle level income country within the next 15 years. The reason for my judgement is of Indian population. Do you really think India can push the rural low income earners to middle income level or you are just referring to the GDP? Also can you tell me the method of increasing the income level of Indians?

Well on the cheap Indian goods, in SL cheap or in certain cases expensive Indian goods are regarded just inferior in quality therefore Indian products do not hold any significant value or position in SL market. Anyway IMHO SL can produce our own cheap goods rather than opening our own market to Indian products.

Well I'm aware that Indian IT industry is expanding and thriving in the current global business environment. Anyway aren't those Indian IT companies just a outsourcing locations for the US tech giants? If Indian IT companies tries to establish in SL wouldn't they do the same outsourcing as the US companies? On the foot note SL also have a thriving and vibrant tech industry and I think it can grow on it's own rather than joining up with Indian companies. You can correct me if I'm wrong.
Your talk and tone suggest that you are not worth engaging with. Go ahead and ally with China, grow your own tech companies, produce your own cheap goods, shut off your market. Frankly, I couldn't care less - your country is too small and insignificant to make any practical difference to India.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles