PM Special Aircraft

Discussion in 'Indian Air Force' started by archie, Jul 31, 2014.

1. archie

archie Regular Member

Given the recent incident with the malaysian aircraft attack and Special aircraft of the PM in the vicinity.. the Risk factors are quite high.. A purchase of a brand new aircraft with the needs though is imminent but will take time..

I was wondering if any of the Air Force Transport aircraft would be able to provide for the comfort/ needs of PM travel in the mean time?? P8I or C-17 .. Is it even a possibility for these aircraft to carry a special comfy capsule to cater for PM travel

Not sure if this section is the correct place .. pls move the thread if incorrect..

3. Eastman

Eastman Regular Member

It is believed that Air India One have effective counter measures.

Well no evident proof available against Air India One but some for the US Airforce One.
    https://www.google.com/search?q=indian+air+force+one+counter+measures&safe=off&espv=2&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=fGnaU-KxGouhugSl_oLIDg&sqi=2&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ&biw=1366&bih=667#q=Air+Force+One+counter+measures&safe=off&tbm=isch

and a wiki page say:
    and a page on it
    April 1 date for President with business jets

4. Eastman

Eastman Regular Member

Some hardware available in the market
    [​IMG]

5. archie

archie Regular Member

I believe none of these 3 aircraft is capable of intercontinental flights and are limited to 11000 Kms The recent visits if the news channels are to be correct was on B 747 which do not have much protection systems ..

6. abingdonboy

abingdonboy Senior Member Senior Member

Using one of the few C-17s or P-8Is that India posses for this would be ABSURD.

No doubt that the IAF needs to go for a permanent wide bodied a/c for all international flights 100% under their control and not an Air India plane they borrow. I'm thinking with the A330 MRTTs coming to the IAF maybe 2-3 A330s in a VVIP configuration with all the special features that go with Head of State protection.

7. Blackwater

Blackwater Veteran Member Veteran Member

SPG wants 4 engine plane so no 330 but yrs 340-600

abingdonboy likes this.
  8. abingdonboy

abingdonboy Senior Member Senior Member

You're right about that. Yes would have to be 4 engined and for good reason.