Pakistanis rejoice over Hurricane Sandy

agentperry

meanwhile unexpectedly most wanted JuD chief hafeez saeed offered aid to amerika but amerika said thank you and ----- off

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
ray sir i constanly heard this word "Schadenfreude" from you previously i was not familier with it in we hardly use this i think its german word plz tell how to pronounce it in hindi if you can . my thanks in advance
Schadenfreude = delight in another persons misfortune.

minority complex?
Who is the minority?

average american

I am not concerned about what Pakistanis say on the internet about Sandy disaster, we call it the Frankenstorm.....there was a email joke going around about the Pakistan floods in the USA.. Question Will you contribute to the people harmed by floods in Pakistan, Ans. Yes I would like too but my water hose wont reach that far. Turnabout is fair play.

chase

Tihar Jail
Banned
I am not concerned about what Pakistanis say on the internet about Sandy disaster, we call it the Frankenstorm.....there was a email joke going around about the Pakistan floods in the USA.. Question Will you contribute to the people harmed by floods in Pakistan, Ans. Yes I would like too but my water hose wont reach that far. Turnabout is fair play.
are americans really that much annoyed of pakistanis?

SADAKHUSH

Country flag
ray sir i constanly heard this word "Schadenfreude" from you previously i was not familier with it in we hardly use this i think its german word plz tell how to pronounce it in hindi if you can . my thanks in advance
If you allow me to give a hint on how to pronounce the German words they are pronounced as they are written, I will try the best to help you with "Schadenfreude" and some other words as well. For example the word under discussion is pronounced as shadenfroede. Few more examples are Mich means me in English and sounds like mish, Du means you and is pronounced like do. If you can pronounce the Sanskrit language than pronouncing German language will be easy for you.

SADAKHUSH

Country flag
minority complex?
If one can quote the words from multiple languages whose knowledge is acquired only when one has passion to learn and I hope you will develop the same as our forum friend Brigadier Ray has and shares the same with rest of us through his to the point research on a topic related subject. I am not here to defend him in any shape or form. I am disappointed when some of you try to get under someone else skin. One does not become better human being by putting down others.

pmaitra

If one can quote the words from multiple languages whose knowledge is acquired only when one has passion to learn and I hope you will develop the same as our forum friend Brigadier Ray has and shares the same with rest of us through his to the point research on a topic related subject. I am not here to defend him in any shape or form. I am disappointed when some of you try to get under someone else skin. One does not become better human being by putting down others.
In short, only a polyglot appreciates another polyglot. :)

SADAKHUSH

Country flag
In short, only a polyglot appreciates another polyglot. :)
It depends what kind of opinion one has about himself or herself. By using new words on this forum we can either increase our knowledge of different languages around the world or expose our own biases which will work against us in the long run as we lock up our thinking in a small world of our own. I learned for the first time the meaning of polyglot as well and would like to thank you for your contribution to the forum.

This discussion is leading me to think of starting a new thread on a related human behaviour in this fast world of ours. I will do so on the weekend.

Sindhifreedomfighter

Some comments:

And the prize goes to :first:
"Karachi mei toofaan rok dia hai Hazrat Abdullah Shah Ghazi (Radi Allah Unho) ne Allah ki madad se! Shukar karo Allah aur ahteraam karo Uskay Waliyon ka, o Taliban badbakhton!"
You are right about it.. they really think that it was abdullah shah ghazi who saved karachi of a big cyclone back in..i guess.. 2010 or 2011..

HeinzGud

Country flag
Oh I didn't mean to offend him or anyone. I'm apologizing for the inconvenience caused.

parijataka

Country flag
America IMO is the first country to provide aid in times of disaster to any country.

SADAKHUSH

Country flag
Oh I didn't mean to offend him or anyone. I'm apologizing for the inconvenience caused.
Thank you HeinzGud. As the part of your name contains "Gud" you have lived up to your name by doing the right thing. We accept your apologies and wishing you the best with a hope to read more of your posts on subjects that interest you.

Global Defence

Articles