Nikon D 5100 vs Canon 550 D

Blackwater

Dear members

Can somebody guide me who are expert in photography or knowledge of Cameras

Iam confused between Nikon 5100 and Canon 550D. I have seen lot of article on net and on you tube. I seems to get more confused,they both belong to same category and price.

Can anybody suggest me which one is worth buy:thumb::thumb:

Nikon 5100

Canon 550D

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
I wont matter both of them are up to specs in that range. However the Cannons lens seems to be bigger?

KS

Bye bye DFI
General quality wise, Canon is said to be better than Nikon. Dont ask me how...it is based on my friends' experiences.

sob

Mod
Country flag
Contact Messiah, he is the resident expert on this.

Going by the market size Cannon is the No. 1 brand in DSLRs

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
D650 has also come. I saw in Taiwan.

Blackwater

D650 has also come. I saw in Taiwan.
yes sir but my budget is restricted for these 2

As these 2 r Quite old but still good, they both are now discount in NL

Last edited:

Blackwater

Strange no expert on camera on DFI, Shame

Should i register on PDF for this Q???:tsk::tsk::sad::sad::sad::scared1::scared1:

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Strange no expert on camera on DFI, Shame

Should i register on PDF for this Q???:tsk::tsk::sad::sad::sad::scared1::scared1:
The real comparison can de done only by those who have used both the cameras. Usually, most canonians don't touch Nikon cameras and vice versa. But if you go by online reviews, both the cameras are neck-to-neck in competition and will provide you with good pictures and HD videos.

If you are new to DSLR just go with any of these cameras, as you won't be able to differentiate between them based on their unique and special features for you to exploit them. Both the cameras have their own pros and cons. The only advantage of Canon 550D is that this camera is cheaper than Nikon D5100 and also Canon lens are cheaper than Nikon lens if you are going to use zoom lens or prime lens. Nikon might have a little upper hand of performing better at low light conditions and have little more depth in image colors.

So, don't get overwhelmed with all the details of these camera, both will work for most of your photography needs giving you good images and videos.

PS: I have a Canon 550D camera and am really happy with the pictures I get out of it and I also get Pro pictures using manual settings in camera but that's for another time.

Blackwater

The real comparison can de done only by those who have used both the cameras. Usually, most canonians don't touch Nikon cameras and vice versa. But if you go by online reviews, both the cameras are neck-to-neck in competition and will provide you with good pictures and HD videos.

If you are new to DSLR just go with any of these cameras, as you won't be able to differentiate between them based on their unique and special features for you to exploit them. Both the cameras have their own pros and cons. The only advantage of Canon 550D is that this camera is cheaper than Nikon D5100 and also Canon lens are cheaper than Nikon lens if you are going to use zoom lens or prime lens. Nikon might have a little upper hand of performing better at low light conditions and have little more depth in image colors.

So, don't get overwhelmed with all the details of these camera, both will work for most of your photography needs giving you good images and videos.

PS: I have a Canon 550D camera and am really happy with the pictures I get out of it and I also get Pro pictures using manual settings in camera but that's for another time.

Does 16 MPixel of Nikon better than canon 18 mpixel or it does not matter ????

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Does 16 MPixel of Nikon better than canon 18 mpixel or it does not matter ????
Really doesn't matter unless you use super duper Canon Lens which costs 100s of dollars/euros (not kit lens) on Canon 550D. Most pictures within 12MP is good enough for most of your needs. More is not always better.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J General VK Singh turning into a loose canon Defence & Strategy 20