Naxals/Maoists Watch

Should the Indian government use armed forces against the naxals/maoists?

• Total voters

Tarun Kumar

Frankly you dont need CRPF there. What we need is to enhance strength of COBRA battalions and train them for jungle warfare and deploy few guiding units of PARA SF and go for air supported strikes on specific Maoist targets. The day of mass numbers is now gone.

prasadr14

PrasadReddy
where do you get this idea that the Church, what ever it's denomination (catholic,orthodox or protest) is actively supporting the Maoists, do you have any reliable evidence? I know for a fact that the Maoists are directly supported by PLA and it's covert warfare unit.
I have seen it with my own eyes, it's not a secondary narrative for me.
And no, it's the money from the church, don't know which, that is being used for a lot of these activities.

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
There is a hell lot of difference now. Forest rights act is implemented. PESA is implemented. Tribals can oppose mining democratically and have succeeded too. In niyamgiri hills tribal Panchayat / gram Sabha had power to decline mining and did exactly that.

Then where is the need or point of violence.
Violence is being used to suppress these democratic institutions . Naxals are effecting armed dictatorship . It can't be allowed to continue in the name of tribal rights.
Because, our bureaucrats don't compensate the tribals and cannot even convince the ministers, they don't make a solid plan and model for sustainable development because of incompetency. They fool them and tribals become labours. Then they flood your beautiful cities. The girls become prostitutes and men become daily wagers. Poverty increases, crime increases...

Do we have any industrial law? NO! the Mining laws are 120 years old which we are still running.

You change the law and things in whole India will become easy. It's fucking law which is causing trouble. Nothing else!!!!

The solution to all these problem is fucking amendment in the constitution.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
@ezsasa @mayfair
We don't take this dude seriously. But one of his articles,
The tribal versus development

Sirji, have you see the author of the article? That moron JNU khalid.

But yes, mining is going to happen in those areas and ecology of those areas is going to be destroyed. All the development that govt is doing at this feverish pace is not because of the love for the people there, it's more to do with enabling mining at the earliest.

My hope is that by the time mining starts full fledged, locals are fully aware of their rights thru education and development without depending on naxals.

Indibomber

We should not bank on Army to bail us out every time. This was a naxal attack in a remote location. There are penty of reports which suggest that Naxals are joining hands with Jihadis so how would you use Army in entre India? We need to improve our State Police and para military. The need better equipment and better training.

bhramos

Country flag
Because, our bureaucrats don't compensate the tribals and cannot even convince the ministers, they don't make a solid plan and model for sustainable development because of incompetency. They fool them and tribals become labours. Then they flood your beautiful cities. The girls become prostitutes and men become daily wagers. Poverty increases, crime increases...

Do we have any industrial law? NO! the Mining laws are 120 years old which we are still running.

You change the law and things in whole India will become easy. It's fucking law which is causing trouble. Nothing else!!!!

The solution to all these problem is fucking amendment in the constitution.
you are 100% correct, those laws were made by british to steal Indian riches to UK, but now big corporations are stealing them ..... so sad of advasis, their came 2 new enemies of India Naxals & Christian Missionaries... using tribal issue for their own cause.....

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Good, some movement forward.

But it's not right that such decisions are taken only when mass murders happen.
===

Centre plans to procure advanced aerial surveillance equipment including #FoliagePenetrationRadar to monitor #Naxal activities in forests

bhramos

Country flag
Good, some movement forward.

But it's not right that such decisions are taken only when mass murders happen.
===

Centre plans to procure advanced aerial surveillance equipment including #FoliagePenetrationRadar to monitor #Naxal activities in forests
no offense mate,
in jungles every or most of the tribals carry swords or bows or some kind of weapons for their protection in jungles, these radars may show most them, anyone with weapons will seen on radar?

i think radars doesnt work effectively in hilly jungles?

IndianHawk

Country flag
no offense mate,
in jungles every or most of the tribals carry swords or bows or some kind of weapons for their protection in jungles, these radars may show most them, anyone with weapons will seen on radar?

Doesn't matter. What is important is to have an idea as to how many people are gathering around.

For example a concentration of 50-100 people at an unusual place will help forces to be alert and approach accordingly.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
no offense mate,

I would say if drones can pick up large groups of people gathering together, it's a win.

And more over these jungles are not tropical, mostly Arid jungles. The videos from ambush site showed sparse vegetation, sky was clearly visible in those videos.

Even if there are dedicated drones allotted for these areas, it's still a win. Survelliance packages can be improved upon later.

bhramos

Country flag
Ground Report: How Bastar Has Been Preparing For The Final Push Against The Maoists
Jaideep Mazumdar- Apr 25, 2017, 3:06 pm
Shares 7 K

SNAPSHOT

There is a silent revolution happening in Bastar, and not what the Maoists had dreamt of.

And emerging out of the pernicious shadow of the Maoists, people - almost all of them adivasis - have started to aspire for a normal life like the rest of their countrymen.

On 24 April, Maoist terrorists killed 25 CRPF men in the latest atrocity in Sukma district in the Bastar region of Chhattisgarh. Yet, this may be part of the last throes of a failed revolution that has little support anymore from the adivasis it was supposed to liberate. Yes, there is a war on, but the state is winning that war.

Travelling extensively around Bastar, this correspondent saw a remarkable change in mood among the people. I saw hope, I saw aspirations, I saw development that was striking at the roots of the demented Maoist cause.

The land where a lot of blood has been spilled is now nurturing many dreams: farmers wanting to sell their organic produce in faraway cities, children orphaned by Maoists aspiring to become doctors and fashion designers, women widowed by the red terrorists dreaming of becoming entrepreneurs, and a lot more.

https://swarajyamag.com/politics/gr...paring-for-the-final-push-against-the-maoists

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Helicopter carrying #CoBRA commandos crash-lands at #Chintagufa in #Sukma district, minor injuries to 5 occupants

Spindrift

Technology is only going to get you so far. What they need to be able to do is get good at HUMINT. Secondly, we need to hit the reset button on bureaucracy. Our current bureaucracy is the relic of the Raj. The bureaucracy was setup by the British to benefit the English Crown and not the citizens of India, the ideology is still there the only difference is now they are not working to benefit the English Crown, but themselves, they are sort of playing a power game. Ideally we should have abolished the bureaucracy within 5 years of becoming a Republic.

We are in the 21st century, but the bureaucracy and the system of governance is still from the 19th century. In this day and age the majority of the work done by the bureaucrats can be automated using computers.

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
Helicopter carrying #CoBRA commandos crash-lands at #Chintagufa in #Sukma district, minor injuries to 5 occupants
LOL!!!

hey bhagwan mere desh mein na log sudharenge, na law, na halaat... Encounter and surgical strike will happen like this??

we have become a joke. Cobra commandos :p .. hahaha

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
LOL!!!

hey bhagwan mere desh mein na log sudharenge, na law, na halaat... Encounter and surgical strike will happen like this??

we have become a joke. Cobra commandos :p .. hahaha
Other way of looking at it is that there is rapid deployment of cobra is This area, otherwise choppers won't be used.

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
Other way of looking at it is that there is rapid deployment of cobra is This area, otherwise choppers won't be used.
They are avoiding roads.
................................................................................

Anikastha

DEEP STATE
Country flag
This rapid deployment is only for matter of days.
Afterwards they will be pulled out...and leaders will wait till next attack to re deploy them.
Heck In my fcuking country cops don't have rights to act on their own.
They need political permission to arrest a thug.
Naxals must target these nut heads sitting in state assemblies and parliament rather than targeting cops.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00LD using Tapatalk

Ancient Indian

p = np :)
Sirji, have you see the author of the article? That moron JNU khalid.

But yes, mining is going to happen in those areas and ecology of those areas is going to be destroyed. All the development that govt is doing at this feverish pace is not because of the love for the people there, it's more to do with enabling mining at the earliest.

My hope is that by the time mining starts full fledged, locals are fully aware of their rights thru education and development without depending on naxals.
I know the article is written by Paki Umar.
He is lying like as usual and exaggerating the situation.

Some times, we need to explore others' POV too.

cyclops

Country flag
for everyone browsing through this thread, THIS VIDEO HERE SHOULD BE AN IMPERATIVE WATCH!

sometime back @Kunal Biswas had shared snippets of the pages of outlook/caravan magazine from 2007, which were AFAIK about the 'unity congress 2007' of the maoshits ["revolution changes every few decades"]. Mr. Devendra Gawande more than touches on the same topic in the above, and explains in good details and simple language the MO of the 'strategic front' and 'united tactical front' of the maoshits & the cogs involved (& their levels) in the whole machinery. overlook at your own loss.
Fucking evil pieces of shit. These idiots are adamant on destroying our way of life, our identity, they are in some ways more dangerous than even the pakis.
GOI should completely delve into exterminating these cockroaches and I mean completely.
Think tank the shit out of this issue.
Proper intelligence, empowering state forces, socio economic changes, everything.
Spy on the A1s and slaughter the A4-7s. Push them into a corner and make them the villain.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
looks like i was wrong on rapid deployment part... the crashed chopper seems to be a hired private chopper not the IAF's.

upload_2017-4-26_22-42-20.png

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles