LTTE chief's son shot point blank: video

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
Slain LTTE chief Velupillai Prabhakaran's 12-year-old son was executed in cold blood, according to new video footage from the 2009 civil war to be shown on British television Wednesday. Balachandran's body is shown stripped to the waist with five bullet wounds to the chest, according to sources. Next to him are the bodies of five 'bodyguards'. Strips of cloth on the ground indicate they were tied and blindfolded.

The footage - believed to be a 'trophy video' shot by Lankan troops - was screened Sunday at a film festival in Geneva, ahead of a vote on a UN resolution for an inquiry into human rights violations during the bloody war.

LTTE chief's son shot point blank: video - Hindustan Times

The Lankans committed agenocide under the patronage of the Chinese and the Pakistanis. They must be brought to book.

KS

Bye bye DFI
"Trophy video" - the words say it all.

Barbaric lankan animals.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
And the CONs are protecting their asses. Maimo took revenge on the entire tamil population of lanka for the mistake of LTTE. If there is a god really, what is he doing?

lemontree

Professional
The Sri Lankans did not want to take a chance and leave any family members alive to be used as icons by the LTTE remanants.
These are hard and brutal decisions that had to be taken by them in their country's interest.

So they took no prisoners - good.

I remember an "India Today" cover of October/ Nov 1987. It showed an LTTE ambush on an Indian IPKF patrol -.
14 dead Indian soldiers. The article inside mentioned that only 12 were killed in the ambush, and 2 were alive.
2 LTTE guerillas argued with each other to execute them. Shed a tear for your soldiers and not for the brood of vipers.

You can see the picture of that ambush below.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
My unit was the first to land in Sri Lanka and it was involved in many a bloody battle. It also won the PVC, MVC and a four VrCs out there.

The LTTE were brutal and of that there is no doubt.

As Lemontree has correctly stated that the Sri Lankans did not want to have an icon around which the LTTE could be rebuilt.

But to kill children does not sound very soldier-like to me!

HeinzGud

Country flag
My unit was the first to land in Sri Lanka and it was involved in many a bloody battle. It also won the PVC, MVC and a four VrCs out there.

As Lemontree has correctly stated that the Sri Lankans did not want to have an icon around which the LTTE could be rebuilt.

Indeed it is but when it comes to the well being of your country somethings have to be done when they should be done........... majority of Sri Lankans didn't knew even Balachandran was killed.......... until now

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Indeed it is but when it comes to the well being of your country somethings have to be done when they should be done........... majority of Sri Lankans didn't knew even Balachandran was killed.......... until now
The way the Tibetans are troubling China, are you suggesting that they wipe out the Tibetan population?

More so, the Uighurs require immediate Chinese attention more than the Tibetans since the Uighurs are killing Hans, which the Tibetans, so far, as not doing.

A good idea,what?

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Why dont your country kill of all the left over tamils in the name of Buddhism ? Or is that what is going on there as an open secret.? :mad::mad2:

lemontree

Professional
The way the Tibetans are troubling China, are you suggesting that they wipe out the Tibetan population?

More so, the Uighurs require immediate Chinese attention more than the Tibetans since the Uighurs are killing Hans, which the Tibetans, so far, as not doing.

A good idea,what?
Sir, the Tibetans and the LTTE are poles apart..
The LTTE wiped out their own people and the other guerillas groups like the PLOTE, TELO, Marxist-EPRLF....the LTTE were exceptionally brutal in their tactics...the Tibetans are not even a shadow of that. If the Tibetans were even half as brutal as the LTTE, the CCP would have used the same tactics as the SLA.

Same with the Uighurs, they are hardly what the LTTE was.

The LTTE was the deadliest guerilla outfit in the world - SLA just did not want to take a chance, hence the whole immediate family was wiped out.
The son was a potential icon who could be used to re-ignite the LTTE.

Sri Lanka has hopfully learn't their lesson, and I believe they will not repeat the atrocities against the Tamils and will make efforts to integrate the Tamils in the mainstream populations.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I would not go with the superlatives when describing guerillas since it is basically the words as used by vested interests to suit their agenda.

Uighurs are active. It is just that it does not suit the western bloc to mention so. The fact that the Chinese have now openly criticised that they are being trained in Pakistan, their staunch ally, does indicate the total disgust and frustrations the Chinese are feeling over the Uighurs.

In Southern Xinjaing, they are indeed most active.

Just my views.

I would go with the US resolution, but then I also know it is the result of geostrategic reasons why the US is putting pressure on SL. It is not a genuine reaction from the heart or conscience, but a necessity for strategic reasons, duly set up to appear as genuine concerns.

On Pirabhakaran's son, I agree with you that it was a practical reason why it was done, but I would have preferred if they had whisked the boy away and brought him up in oblivion as the Chinese have done to the Panchen Lama selected by the Buddhist conglomerate.

Last edited:

HeinzGud

Country flag
Sir, the Tibetans and the LTTE are poles apart..
The LTTE wiped out their own people and the other guerillas groups like the PLOTE, TELO, Marxist-EPRLF....the LTTE were exceptionally brutal in their tactics...the Tibetans are not even a shadow of that. If the Tibetans were even half as brutal as the LTTE, the CCP would have used the same tactics as the SLA.

Same with the Uighurs, they are hardly what the LTTE was.

The LTTE was the deadliest guerilla outfit in the world - SLA just did not want to take a chance, hence the whole immediate family was wiped out.
The son was a potential icon who could be used to re-ignite the LTTE.

Sri Lanka has hopfully learn't their lesson, and I believe they will not repeat the atrocities against the Tamils and will make efforts to integrate the Tamils in the mainstream populations.
Indeed if LTTE acted more diplomatically even the SLG wouldn't have any reason to go to war............. SLG gave them so many years to become civilize but LTTE wanted the whole piece of Eelam........ in the end all of the northern tamils in SL had to suffer for one megalomaniac.

There is no need to repeat any atrocities again........ SLG and Sinhalese had learnt their lesson.... but still TNA have not... we hope they will learn it soon and re integrate into the general society other than reigniting the old flame..... if so they will have to rest in the same place as the LTTE in the wastes of the history.........

I
Just my views.

I would go with the US resolution, but then I also know it is the result of geostrategic reasons why the US is putting pressure on SL. It is not a genuine reaction from the heart or conscience, but a necessity for strategic reasons, duly set up to appear as genuine concerns.

On Pirabhakaran's son, I agree with you that it was a practical reason why it was done, but I would have preferred if they had whisked the boy away and brought him up in oblivion as the Chinese have done to the Panchen Lama selected by the Buddhist conglomerate.
US just don't come to SL to correct the errors... they want the Rajapaksha out of the seat..... there are enough boot lickers among us to take the vacant seat....... however the majority of SL people won't let that happen.....!

About Balachandran's case.............. if SLG is prosecuted........... all the leading LTTE sympathizers had to prosecute also for the LTTE atrocities.......

pmaitra

Just like after Alexander's death, his and his Afghan wife Ruksana's baby was hunted down by his generals and murdered, so that Alexander's glory could not be rebuilt around his son.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
About Balachandran's case.............. if SLG is prosecuted........... all the leading LTTE sympathizers had to prosecute also for the LTTE atrocities.......
That's fair.

Both sides are at fault.

KS

Bye bye DFI
I

Only a Lankan would be dumb enough to equate both.

While the sympathizers are adults who are capable of making their own choices, the child did not crime except having Prabhakaran as his father.

Barbaric Lankans dont justify your crime. Please.

addiction

didnt LTTE never killed innocent people including women and chids? Intentional or unintentional, I don't care..Terrorism in any form is not acceptable in civilized society"¦

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
i dont know where the Lankans and other Indian intellectuals get their justification for killing a 12yr old:frusty: . Probably US should have killed OBL's wives and children and grandchildren for the same reasons. And we should all kill off the Terrorists' family for the same reason:frusty: Now how does that sound?

And for the information of the Intellectuals, who just seem to forget that TN is part of India and not its colony, please do read what was the reason for the arise of LTTE. Even a trivial website like Wikipedia can give loads of info on that. And of course as i said, if these intellectuals had cared to read about the problem in the first place(which they would have if they considered TN as a state rather than just a colony, since every party here has been voicing against the mass murders happening in SriLanka, which is such an open secret), they would not be now justifying(or in my view ass licking) the mass murders by SriLanka
in the name of Buddhist Nationalism:mad:

Last edited:

HeinzGud

Country flag
Only a Lankan would be dumb enough to equate both.

While the sympathizers are adults who are capable of making their own choices, the child did not crime except having Prabhakaran as his father.

Barbaric Lankans dont justify your crime. Please.
so........................do you think it's justifiable to be killed for what you think..... (Neelan thiruchelvan, Mr. Kadiragamar etc.)

or do you think it's justifiable to kill unarmed soldiers...........

Or is it justifiable to kill innocenent women, children and men (including the unborn) for not leaving a defacto land....

............. I think you are blinded by your foolish nationalism.......... SLG had done the right thing if they killed the kid... (it's uncertain who shot the kid)........... and yes it's a prize to be paid to have a terrorist farther and to be in a pitch battle......

lemontree

Professional
i dont know where the Lankans and other Indian intellectuals get their justification for killing a 12yr old:frusty:
Tragic, but the boy paid for his father's sins.

Probably US should have killed OBL's wives and children and grandchildren for the same reasons. And we should all kill off the Terrorists' family for the same reason:frusty: Now how does that sound?
The US Seals would have, if they had been a threat. Like one of the wives' who was shot.

And for the information of the Intellectuals, who just seem to forget that TN is part of India and not its colony
Were TN Tamils killed by the SLA?...no they were Sri Lankans killing Sri Lankans.
It is your parochial feelings that are speaking up.

,.. please do read what was the reason for the arise of LTTE. Even a trivial website like Wikipedia can give loads of info on that. And of course as i said, if these intellectuals had cared to read about the problem in the first place(which they would have if they considered TN as a state rather than just a colony, since every party here has been voicing against the mass murders happening in SriLanka, which is such an open secret), they would not be now justifying(or in my view ass licking) the mass murders by SriLanka in the name of Buddhist Nationalism:mad:
We are well aware of how the trouble started and how Indira Gandhi used it to counter the pro-US policies of Sri Lanka.

It was 5 IAF AN-32s air dropped food in Jaffna in June 1987. Which was under economic blockade by the SLA.

The LTTE tried to bite off more than it could chew.
Assasination of Rajiv Gandhi and taking on the IPKF, cut them off from any logistics assistance they could get from India. They choose to be on their own.

I wonder why you feel TN is treated as a colony of India.
The feelings you show are the same as the jihadis who "cry" for Indian muslims and the "atrocities" they face in Kashmir.

Sri Lankan Tamils are Sri Lankans not Indians.

addiction

The feelings you show are the same as the jihadis who "cry" for Indian muslims and the "atrocities" they face in Kashmir.. Sri Lankan Tamils are Sri Lankans not Indians.
Rightly said!

Global Defence

New threads

Articles