Khalistani Jail Break from Nabha Punjab

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
LoL I'm around bro. Just lurking in the corners. Took a leaf out of @LurkerBaba's book :D
If a king starts avoiding his people, whom he'll rule ?? A Punjabi proverb. :smile:

Please do drop some lines at times, as we get stuck without ideas. :biggrin2:

abingdonboy

Country flag
America uses gitmo to avoid giving constitutional protection, I'm not well versed in Indian law to comment on this from Indian perspective but using gitmo like facility to prevent escape is ultimate wasteful sledgehammer approach when there is so much to be done for securing India's prisons where they are now.
Spot on, instead of rejoicing in this news too much one needs to seriously ask some hard questions about the security setup in these prisons. It defeats the whole purpose of arresting these scum if they can get back onto the streets as easily as this.

Other than Tihar I'm not sure a truly high security prison exists in India and this is troubling.

pmaitra

America uses gitmo to avoid giving constitutional protection, I'm not well versed in Indian law to comment on this from Indian perspective but using gitmo like facility to prevent escape is ultimate wasteful sledgehammer approach when there is so much to be done for securing India's prisons where they are now.
Excellent point.

Yes, US has habeas corpus, which would entitle a prisoner to speedy trial. This takes away the power of the government to imprison someone indefinitely without conviction. The US can hold prisoners in GITMO indefinitely because GITMO is not on US soil and the US constitution does not apply there.

India also has habeas corpus.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles