Kaveri Engine

Chinmoy

Country flag
India is going for Tu-223 the russian bomber and is creating its own bomber Aura
Tu-223? I think you mean Tu-22M3 which was operated by IN (!).
India never came in open about its operation and moreover source said that it was used for reconnaissance role.
AURA is more of and UAV for reconnaissance rather then a bomber and is still in drawing board.

AbhinavTheBrahmin

Tu-223? I think you mean Tu-22M3 which was operated by IN (!).
India never came in open about its operation and moreover source said that it was used for reconnaissance role.
AURA is more of and UAV for reconnaissance rather then a bomber and is still in drawing board.
yeah the tu 22m3 sorry ia am too fast in research

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Having a strategic bomber in your arsenal depends on your doctrine. Now IAF is not an expeditionary force and I think it would not go for any bomber in near future, although I would like to see it operate one.
Case of Depletion is different but IAF still one of the world's largest Air Forces, having bases overseas and so an expeditionary force too.
I don't get any reason that if IAF ever drops the option of having bombers if they get.
India is going for Tu-223 the russian bomber and is creating its own bomber Aura
There is no way AURA can be compared with Tupelov.
AURA is mere a big drone with limited range.

Chinmoy

Country flag
India’s Ministry of Defence has sought to buy four strategic Tu-22M3 bombers and other latest high-tech weaponry from Russia, Interfax reported. This was expressed in the official stand of the ‘Make in India’ Programme at the INNOPROM International Industrial Exhibition in Yekaterinburg.

Interfax reported that, in addition to the bombers, the Indian Air Force is also seeking to purchase 80 Mi-17 helicopters and six Il-76 airplanes, in which the Israeli radar system, the ‘Falcon,’ can be installed.

The Indian Defence Ministry is also keen to acquire modern missile systems, and would like to buy twelve S-400 ‘Triumf’ anti-aircraft missile systems.

New long-range Russian bomber to be different

At the official ‘Make in India’ stand, officials indicated a desire to lease two nuclear submarines of the Akula-2 (‘Akula’ means Shark) class, with the option to purchase them after the completion of their lease terms.

RIA Novosti had earlier reported that Russia would soon be able to deliver a second nuclear submarine of the Project 971 Shchuka-B (‘Schuka’ means pike) to India, after the relevant contract is signed.The first such submarine, named the ‘Chakra’, was delivered to the Indian Navy under lease in 2012.

At the Indian stand in the Yekaterinburg exhibition, officials said India was planning to produce over 1,000 T-90S tanks and 200 Ka-226 helicopters under the ‘Make in India’ programme.

The BrahMos cruise missiles, which are being developed in India with the participation of the Russian company NPO Mashinostroyeniya, are currently being successfully tested. The export version of the Russian anti-ship missile P-800 Oniks – the ‘Yakhont’ – has been used as the base to develop the new missile.

Source:-n.rbth.com/economics/defence/2016/07/14/india-seeks-four-strategic-bombers-from-russia_611501
Old news, first publish by sputnik if I remember correct. Still now no official confirmation or discussion has taken place in defence circuit or ministry regarding this. India approached Russia in 90s for Tu-22 as an ASW solution, but no official documentation of its sale is there.

Tu-22 is an Soviet era platform and its production was shelved in late 90s and Russia currently moved to Tu-160. I don't see any reason why India would be interested in 22's now and Russia coming out to serial produce a couple of them.

Anyway talking about bombers would derail this thread. Mods please relocate this thread to respective section for further discussion.

AbhinavTheBrahmin

Old news, first publish by sputnik if I remember correct. Still now no official confirmation or discussion has taken place in defence circuit or ministry regarding this. India approached Russia in 90s for Tu-22 as an ASW solution, but no official documentation of its sale is there.

Tu-22 is an Soviet era platform and its production was shelved in late 90s and Russia currently moved to Tu-160. I don't see any reason why India would be interested in 22's now and Russia coming out to serial produce a couple of them.

Anyway talking about bombers would derail this thread. Mods please relocate this thread to respective section for further discussion.
To Actually have an main stealth bomber bro better than su 30

Chinmoy

Country flag
Case of Depletion is different but IAF still one of the world's largest Air Forces, having bases overseas and so an expeditionary force too.
I don't get any reason that if IAF ever drops the option of having bombers if they get.

There is no way AURA can be compared with Tupelov.
AURA is mere a big drone with limited range.
Maintaining overseas base doesn't make you an expeditionary force exactly. IAF is basically concerned with North and Western border of India. You could also gauge the fact of UN peace keeping force. Huge contingent of IA is recruited in it, but contribution of IAf is negligible. Moreover any strategic bomber is maintenance heavy and in current scenario, I don't see IAF going for one in near future.

Chinmoy

Country flag
Go.few pages back, I.have posted 2-3 pages of a report about characteriatics of engine.
Not engine but seems that design and specifications and AMCA have been freezed now.
Yeah.... Recently while watching 'Walk the Talk wit Team Tejas', there too I watched that they were already working on the design of the Aircraft.

square

Strategic Issues
there was a news that under the rafale offset proposal kaveri will be revive.
has it ??

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles