Kaveri Engine

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
kaveri engine was gonna have 90KT Engines
One question, what is the progress on the much speculated K9+ and K10 engines. Pardon me if already answered.
Not much, it still has problems.
But India will be going for joint ventures for engines with US.

There is a new 425kgf
engine called MANIK under development to power UCAVs and UAVs. Under early stages.

For further demonstration of current engines and their possible integration with India's upcoming drones.

For technical demonstrations, MoD has released budget for a new Derivative of Kaveri Ghatak, to power the unmanned stealth bombers to be developed under DRDO's Unmanned Strike Air Vehicle (USAV) program which includes DRDO AURS too.

You can call it Indian counterpart of American B-21 Spirit, Russian PAK DA, Chinese Wind Blade or French Neuron.:biggrin2:
Would IT produce 110 Kt like the current oneplanned for AMCA
No spec is public domain is planned for AMCA till that. In fact, when it is planned and released, AMCA will be flying in the sky in 2-3 years.

I would suggest you guys to not believe in rumours.
110kN is not enough and not real. I provided you guys "OFFICIAL DOCUMENTS" where nowhere is written that thrust is going to be 110kN.
http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/...-combat-aircraft-hal.36/page-101#post-1207365
If we go by the specifications of AMCA from different sources, it has a range of 4500km and a Max. Take off weight capacity between 30-35 tonnes and it has to supercruise also. Over this, it is described as super maneuverable. So, we need an engine thrust of at least 140-150kN or even above.
well roy i ink tommorow we would encounter some paki terrorist
Why?
PS. This thread is not about terrorists.

AbhinavTheBrahmin

Not much, it still has problems.
But India will be going for joint ventures for engines with US.

There is a new 425kgf
engine called MANIK under development to power UCAVs and UAVs. Under early stages.

For further demonstration of current engines and their possible integration with India's upcoming drones.

For technical demonstrations, MoD has released budget for a new Derivative of Kaveri Ghatak, to power the unmanned stealth bombers to be developed under DRDO's Unmanned Strike Air Vehicle (USAV) program which includes DRDO AURS too.

You can call it Indian counterpart of American B-21 Spirit, Russian PAK DA, Chinese Wind Blade or French Neuron.:biggrin2:

No spec is public domain is planned for AMCA till that. In fact, when it is planned and released, AMCA will be flying in the sky in 2-3 years.

I would suggest you guys to not believe in rumours.
110kN is not enough and not real. I provided you guys "OFFICIAL DOCUMENTS" where nowhere is written that thrust is going to be 110kN.
http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/...-combat-aircraft-hal.36/page-101#post-1207365
If we go by the specifications of AMCA from different sources, it has a range of 4500km and a Max. Take off weight capacity between 30-35 tonnes and it has to supercruise also. Over this, it is described as super maneuverable. So, we need an engine thrust of at least 140-150kN or even above.

Why?
PS. This thread is not about terrorists.
Well i was saying tommorow i would debate pakis who may bash Bharat And 4500Km Is Great Much Higher Than chinks 3000km But We need Amca Till 2021

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
If it would Have Benn 5000Km It would have been more great
4000km would be enough for a deep strike.
Rest a fighter can be operate from an aircraft carrier.
For such bigger ranges, we will need to enlarge. So, better a fighter bomber, strategic bomber or heavy bomber etc. which are far away.
5000 km??????
This thread is about a fighter, not a strategic bomber.
AFAIK, there are speculations that we may have some Tu-22M.
How long we'll have to wait for hearing about a project started by India for making indigenous strategic and heavy bombers in your opinion?
I know that ICBMs do minimize it's requirement, but still it has many roles which can only be performed by the aircraft.
Just saying We Could target bejing with It and it is a multirole fighter we have FGFA for Air Superiority And MAny More
We don't have FGFA, but we have you have it.
And with super maneuverability, stealth, 4500km range and 35 tonnes max. take off weight, AMCS itself can play the role of Air Superiority fighter.

AbhinavTheBrahmin

4000km would be enough for a deep strike.
Rest a fighter can be operate from an aircraft carrier.
For such bigger ranges, we will need to enlarge. So, better a fighter bomber, strategic bomber or heavy bomber etc. which are far away.

How long we'll have to wait for hearing about a project started by India for making indigenous strategic and heavy bombers in your opinion?
I know that ICBMs do minimize it's requirement, but still it has many roles which can only be performed by the aircraft.

We don't have FGFA, but we have you have it.
And with super maneuverability, stealth, 4500km range and 35 tonnes max. take off weight, AMCS itself can play the role of Air Superiority fighter.
We have SU-30MKI for it bro so what about that

Chinmoy

Country flag
Just saying We Could target bejing with It and it is a multirole fighter we have FGFA for Air Superiority And MAny More
Now see............. There is a difference between Range and Combat Radius. Su30Mki has a range of 3000km, and Rafale does have a range of 3500Km. It means on a full internal tank, it could make a flight of 3500 km max, but combat radius is almost half of it i.e. for Su30 its round 1500 kms and Rafale its round 1700 kms. Now if you want a fighter with 5000 km range, its combat radius would be of 2500 kms in rough term, but then it would not be in medium weight category. It would be a heavy weight category fighter. And if you are talking about 5000 km combat radius, its range would have to be of 10,000 kms.

Having a strategic bomber in your arsenal depends on your doctrine. Now IAF is not an expeditionary force and I think it would not go for any bomber in near future, although I would like to see it operate one.

AbhinavTheBrahmin

Now see............. There is a difference between Range and Combat Radius. Su30Mki has a range of 3000km, and Rafale does have a range of 3500Km. It means on a full internal tank, it could make a flight of 3500 km max, but combat radius is almost half of it i.e. for Su30 its round 1500 kms and Rafale its round 1700 kms. Now if you want a fighter with 5000 km range, its combat radius would be of 2500 kms in rough term, but then it would not be in medium weight category. It would be a heavy weight category fighter. And if you are talking about 5000 km combat radius, its range would have to be of 10,000 kms.

Having a strategic bomber in your arsenal depends on your doctrine. Now IAF is not an expeditionary force and I think it would not go for any bomber in near future, although I would like to see it operate one.
Even If it is we could target bejeing even more than that if we place our fighters in ne or arunachal with range of 2500Km

Chinmoy

Country flag
Even If it is we could target bejeing even more than that if we place our fighters in ne or arunachal with range of 2500Km
NE does have its share of Sukhois. But to target any deep set targets, you need bombers along with Fighters.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles