JF-17 Thunder / FC-1 Xiaolong

SDS1

Its a blunder plane , IN PDF I asked one senior member , do JFT ever dropped LGB's , the so called Finger pilot showed me Dump bomb dropping video in exercise as LGB's, when pointed out they quickly ban it.

The Pakis hurt when u asked / challenged then on JFT , their blunder plane and prove that its blunder.....lol

J20!

Country flag
Whoa! I never noticed FC-1 from backside.
A bulked up back, reminds me of Hawk.
The twin seater has a much larger spine than the single-seater. Most probably to accommodate hardware and avionics displaced by the larger cockpit.

Looks kind of ungainly due to that huge spine. I'll look for pics from different angles from its first flight

shiphone

Country flag
actually the first JF-17B/FC-1 two seater prototype has taken the low/high speed taxi rounds for quite a while...the maiden flight will take place any time soon although it seems behind the schedule for months...

right, it just happend today...11AM Beijing time...

by CCTV news...

-----------------

------------
by unofficial source

the earlier image when taxi test going on..
the painted prototype
and the Chasing plane(FC-1 PT04) of the maiden flight...

F-14B

#iamPUROHIT
Country flag
@Zarvan

The JF17B really looks like an updated version of the TF7 Mongol especially with th "thick" drosal "spine" so any idea on the Avionics package on the B ?

Zarvan

@Zarvan

The JF17B really looks like an updated version of the TF7 Mongol especially with th "thick" drosal "spine" so any idea on the Avionics package on the B ?
All reports are suggesting that it carries AESA Radar most likely like KLJ 7A as for Avionics I have no idea but soon details will come out. Best thing is Egyptian Military pages are going crazy with this news and if reports of it having AESA and EW capability are correct than we will find lot of customers for it. Already Myanmar and Nigeria and one other country have placed orders

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
The twin seater has a much larger spine than the single-seater. Most probably to accommodate hardware and avionics displaced by the larger cockpit.

Looks kind of ungainly due to that huge spine. I'll look for pics from different angles from its first flight
Is this bulkier spine a positive or negative change on aerodynamic design?
well no doubt Chinese know how to innovate

and we only innovate our speeches in parliament
And possibly in WIPO too, where we file 50k IPR's every year, even 20-40 times in per capita terms than other lower middle income country in the world!:p or Indians are most innovative people in third world.

India is a lower middle income country in monetary terms but equal to upper middle income countries in most non monetary development indicators.

cyclops

Country flag
Looks bigger.
With the engine not changed, how does the size affect its ferry range, RoC, Speed

amoy

Chinese fighter swoops into world market

A dual-seat FC-1B trainer/fighter jet makes its maiden flight on Thursday in Chengdu, Sichuan province. (Provided to China Daily)

Orders for dual-seat version of existing jet placed even before maiden flight

China and Pakistan signed a contract with an unidentified buyer at the 14th Dubai Airshow in November 2015. The identity of the buyer and the number of FC-1s involved remain undisclosed.

Earlier reports said that many nations including Myanmar, Nigeria and Saudi Arabia are interested in the FC-1 and its variants.

There are more than 30 foreign users of Chinese military aircraft in the world, according to Yang Ying, the manager.
Maiden flight for dual-role fighter
2017-04-28 09:32

A two-seat fighter trainer plane developed by China makes its maiden flight in Chengdu in southwest China's Sichuan Province yesterday. The JF-17B, which was developed by the Aviation Industry Corporation of China, stayed in the air for about 26 minutes. The company said that the plane has a dual role. It can be used for training in peacetime and can also be used in combat missions during times of war. (Photo/Xinhua)

Reactions: Neo

Zarvan

Why a twin seat version? Is it a trainer?
It will also be used as training but it was demand of lot of countries and we also wanted it so it would be our major seller now and as reports suggest it is equipped with AESA than it's major boost for us also it has some sort of EW capability that I have no idea what it means

scatterStorm

Country flag
Is this bulkier spine a positive or negative change on aerodynamic design?

And possibly in WIPO too, where we file 50k IPR's every year, even 20-40 times in per capita terms than other lower middle income country in the world!:p or Indians are most innovative people in third world.

India is a lower middle income country in monetary terms but equal to upper middle income countries in most non monetary development indicators.
Not much significant to T/W ratio, maybe a negative drag by 5% at best. The purpose two build a two seater means to do combat while at the same time train newbies. Same with our MKIs.

When F4 phantoms were deployed to Vietnam war air theatre, the purpose to build them as two seater was just not to have a assist in combat but researchers and scientist recognised a possibility that in a very good AAD protected airspace, the possibility of a fighter pilot returning back was significantly lower, which means if a single pilot who has some combat experience or an ace, won't be able to deliver his "experience" to the newbies if he she won't make it. So by putting two fighter pilots ... if one of them ejects safely, he/she can rescued and deliver there "experience" which would prove later to be effective in suppressing threats.

This happend when one of top aces (5 kills to his name) was hit by a missile by a Mig ... he was rescued and delivered later significant experience to newbie and his new partner who were than able to command a formation of 6 to do SEAD ops in N.Vietnam successfully.

Dazzler

Its a blunder plane , IN PDF I asked one senior member , do JFT ever dropped LGB's , the so called Finger pilot showed me Dump bomb dropping video in exercise as LGB's, when pointed out they quickly ban it.

The Pakis hurt when u asked / challenged then on JFT , their blunder plane and prove that its blunder.....lol
Hope this helps... integration and testing of Takbir satellite guided bomb.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles