Jallikattu Ban: Elites vs Local Tradition

Krusty

Country flag
Bull are protected animals since the first constitution by Prevention of cruelty act , the case was in the courts for decades .This tamil pride argument is such bullshit ,its entirly about chest thumping without rational thanking .
Constitution is for the people. It's not the other way around. What do you mean decades? This is millennia old tradition.

Besides, when Karnataka didn't release the SC mandated Quota of Kaveri water last year after protests, did SC come and forefully open the dam? This isn't false equivalence. Quite simply because when political correctness and NGOs are involved, absolutely anything and everything can be justified by SC.

Supreme Court is acting like a dictator. As if it's the baap of India.

Last edited:

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag

here2where

However tamils might say otherwise, it is documented that there has been instances of abuses to the bulls during jallikattu over the years. While not the rule, there have been exceptions. SC wouldn't have come down hard on this practice without irrefutable evidence.
Only way forward will be to allow jallikattu to happen with heavy monitoring by govt appointed animal rights observers, especially for 24 hours prior to the commencement of the bull run and during the event near the vaadi vasals where the abuses are supposed to happen.
I read somewhere district collectors have been mandated to do such monitoring and report to authorities since 2009?
This way all bulls, both 2-legged and 4-legged variety, will be happy ;-)

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
However tamils might say otherwise, it is documented that there has been instances of abuses to the bulls during jallikattu over the years. While not the rule, there have been exceptions. SC wouldn't have come down hard on this practice without irrefutable evidence.
If it is such a problem then let the state government outlaw it and deal with the consequences in the next elections. What business does the Sharia court have making laws, what the actual crap.

Ancient Indian

p = np :)
Only way forward will be to allow jallikattu to happen with heavy monitoring by govt appointed animal rights observers, especially for 24 hours prior to the commencement of the bull run and during the event near the vaadi vasals where the abuses are supposed to happen.
I read somewhere district collectors have been mandated to do such monitoring and report to authorities since 2009?
Too much scrutiny over our events.

All moral preaching only reserved for Indian Hindus.

I wonder where these NGOs when it comes to Saudi or other asshole countries.

Krusty

Country flag
There would be few incidents of tail pulling i accept it. Stuff like that happens in every festival. Heck I have thrown crackers at dogs and cats in almost every Diwali. Banning the whole event because of these is beyond stupid. Maybe ask the panchayat leaders to issue statements about pulling tails and other such incidents should be fine. But that's it. Any encroachments beyond that by SC will be frowned upon. Besides, all these are only for Hindu events. Why? That's the big question.

Do you know what the latest trend is?very subtly, without anyone noticing, Muslims have joined the protest saying 'it's Tamil culture' and im Tamil too. Trying to create distance between Tamil Hindus and Jallikattu is the end result I suspect. A new and a disturbing trend. Either ways, Abrahamics or NGOs win, Hindus lose. I blame the whole thing on SC.

Last edited:

here2where

Economic reason for the ban depicted succinctly.

View attachment 13194
Incorrect.
Dairy farms already use imported jersey cows and use artificial insemination and they flourish. Infact my ex-manager (a US-returnee), has gone full time into diary business with high milk yielding varieties. Huge dough in that business.So no evil yankee is waiting on the wings with his cows till natives breeds become extinct due to banning jallikattu.

This is like saying broiler chicken was introduced to wipe out native naatu koli (native hen/cock). Heck, naatu koli has a much higher demand and is much more expensive to purchase than the tasteless broiler.
Nowadays i sink my fangs only into the native variety :D

Krusty

Country flag
Incorrect.
Dairy farms already use imported jersey cows and use artificial insemination and they flourish. Infact my ex-manager (a US-returnee), has gone full time into diary business with high milk yielding varieties. Huge dough in that business.So no evil yankee is waiting on the wings with his cows till natives breeds become extinct due to banning jallikattu.

This is like saying broiler chicken was introduced to wipe out native naatu koli (native hen/cock). Heck, naatu koli has a much higher demand and is much more expensive to purchase than the tasteless broiler.
Nowadays i sink my fangs only into the native variety :D
Dairy farms only supply to major towns and cities. Most of rural India is not covered by the major corporations. Forget villages, I was in Kumbakonam (a major town) half a year ago staying at my uncles place. Milk for them means only from the guy who owns cows in the next street. They don't know Hatsun or Mother dairy or Nestle. Even aavin doesn't have a good reach there. I loved it! The curd that comes from that milk available there isn't white. It's very slightly yellow. That's how you know it's nutritious and pure milk. Curd you get from corporations or made from commercial milk is pure white.

1971ftw

Country flag
Constitution is for the people. It's not the other way around. What do you mean decades? This is millennia old tradition.
yes the constitutions is for for the people, the constitution says people should not torture animals. and by dacaded i am saying this case has been the court for decades. also the original jallikattu is completely different from toady's jallikattu , its equivalent to saying depavali is the festival of bursting crackers and polluting the air.

Besides, when Karnataka didn't release the SC mandated Quota of Kaveri water last year after protests, did SC come and forefully open the dam? This isn't false equivalence.
last year ? you mean 3 months ago and yes , the courts have interviewed number of times in just that span , the dams are no longer in the Karnataka governments control , its under the central governments control now.

regardless the point,the majority of Karnataka feels it was unjust manipulation by jailalithas influence , does that mean the Karnataka goverment can throw the court ordar in the trash? you cant cherry pick laws for only your convenience, you have the right to protest so protest. untill the law changes follow it.

Quite simply because when political correctness and NGOs are involved, absolutely anything and everything can be justified by SC.
get this straight man , no one in India cares about PETA ,this issue has been in the courts since the 1960's , read the animal protection act.

Supreme Court is acting like a dictator. As if it's the baap of India.
Supreme Court is the "baap" of all courts and justice, this is not a attack on culture if anything these kind of laws should be encouraged, next is that retarded baby throwing and stoning festival communities practice in Karnataka. fact is all courts are pissed scared when it comes to religion, our countries history is the living proof. they wont pass this kind of laws if it wasn't serious.

Last edited:

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
That woman Ambika from peta who is coming on TV debates, it turns out she is sister of Menaka Gandhi. And have a look at how she is interlinked into Lutyens elite.

Tarun Kumar

That is why we Indians are a laughing stock. I mean there are more important things than animal compassion.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles