INSAS Rifle, LMG & Carbine

Horushmar.

If you want an unbiased review of the INSAS I suggest you go look at the thread made in Indians for guns.
The reviewer gave a good detailed review with pros and cons.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
More likely Uniformed review of older 1B1, should look into this thread where same review was posted and broken..

Give a read to this thread ..

If you want an unbiased review of the INSAS I suggest you go look at the thread made in Indians for guns.
The reviewer gave a good detailed review with pros and cons.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador

1b1 are best with folded buttstock in CT area ..

In hands of JKP, CRPF & Army from CT area ..

Last edited:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador

Operational along with red dot in some units ..

2.5X optics for medium ranges ..

============

The optics are issued in quantity to only LMG and sniper in absence of SVD, Everyone is not issued with optics as their is no training for it ..

Red dot is available but their is no training for regulars about its usage since its inductions during Kargil war, Its unfortunate ..

Their is no term as battle rifle in Indian Army but self loading rifle ( SLR ), Their are no SLR in my post but LMG and Service rifle both of INSAS family ..

su35

Country flag
Red dot is available but their is no training for regulars about its usage since its inductions during Kargil war, Its unfortunate ..
That is what i was trying to point out. It is contrary to IA doctrine of minimal usage of ammo while there is only few sights available to regulars. I do not see many Improved insas with reflex sight in CT operation also

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Its is my assumptions that 7.62NATO rifle could be spin off from MICWS or Excalibur as OFB had a version of Excalibur in 7.62M43 which is modified to accept 7.62NATO rounds ..

The 7.62 GPMG is in service along with SF, Its a FN-MAG with wooden buttstock ..

debspark90

Country flag
Any pictures of new Design???
I wish its modern designe with light weight and proper P-rail.and range and accuracy equal or better than 1B1
Battle rifles generally tend to have better range and accuracy combined with damage than other types of assault rifles some even evolve as DMRs. I wish it just mimics the functionality of a SCAR-H, although its a crime to ask the quality as good as that but it will do.

debspark90

Country flag
Its is my assumptions that 7.62NATO rifle could be spin off from MICWS or Excalibur as OFB had a version of Excalibur in 7.62M43 which is modified to accept 7.62NATO rounds ..

The 7.62 GPMG is in service along with SF, Its a FN-MAG with wooden buttstock ..
Any images of the 7.62 GPMG in service with Army ??

Vikramaditya

Country flag
==== Offtopic ====

................................................................................................................................................................

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
American nomenclature is very much to do with marketing strategy than common sense, They even call short barrel AR as pistols, Lets not bring it into Indian context which will make things more confusing..

I never heard or learn anywhere in IA that SLR were known as Battle rifles ..

===================

Quality will come with better manufacturing infrastructure within local private companies and this will happen only when Nation better itself economically, I have used Older 1B1 and improved 1B1 to know the differences ..

GPMG at far right ..

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles