Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WARREN SS

Country flag
Jim Gillian, like I said before, its an exception rather than the norm. You can say its a one-off.

Other than this one kill, all the other ones have been made either at high altitudes, or with 0.50 BMG.

Anyway, there is no kill made by a NATO 7.62x51mm round beyond a thousand metres at sea level.
Now you can put a rangefinder on the weapon or whatever, you will never get the range of 1500m like you said.
Each the Sniper who kills beyond 1000 m my dear is Exception It only Happens in few times in history of Sniping

Its only Sixteen total Snipers Who Done that in history of Sniping in any war

The designated marksman is intended to fill the gap between the typical infantry rifle and longer-range sniper rifles. The typical service rifle is intended for use at ranges up to a maximum of 500 meters, while sniper rifles are generally optimized for ranges of 1,000 meters and greater. Designated marksman rifles are designed to fill this gap, typically being employed at ranges of 250 to 800 metres (270 to 870 yd).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Designated_marksman_rifle

Though USMCHave Its own definition of DMR

United States Marine Corps Designated Marksman Rifle

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Marine_Corps_Designated_Marksman_Rifle

Actually My Debate With Bonborus was on this Matter

he Don't consider SVD a DMR Which i argued It was here you Jumped in our argument in BTW

Last edited:

WARREN SS

Country flag
Although SF and regulars urgently need good number of Sniper Rifles, all they have Galil and SVD which is not accurate beyond 600 - 800 Mt.
You Know This SF use Variety of DMR And AMR Too

PSG1 ,Galil SA , GM6 Lynx ,Vidhwansak
Clearly you haven't updated yourself about their equipment. Their regulars were equipped with variety of Snipers before Indian had only SVD.

Paki Steyr 69 put accurate fire on our troops during kargil war.

This same sniper now inducted in CAPF especially BSF after Rangers use to pick them off from distance just like they martyred several Army troops at LOC last year.

Then You Put out kargil Which Was Not relevant Any Sniper on height of 16000 ft will be Lethal
We do It Siachen

Their Regular Are Equipped With 7.62 x 51m
And PSG 1 By POF And Steyr SSG9

There Some M82 but there Numbers are very Low in Numbers I bet Even Low than NSG Which Acquired 300 Barrett M82B in 2010

only Big order they made of RPA Rangemaster .50 Tactical Rifle Don't Know how many Procured
Since Its Not Licence Produced i Guessing it Not large

Last edited:

armyofhind

Country flag
Each the Sniper who kills beyond 1000 m my dear is Exception It only Happens in few times in history of Sniping

Its only Sixteen total Snipers Who Done that in history of Sniping in any war

The designated marksman is intended to fill the gap between the typical infantry rifle and longer-range sniper rifles. The typical service rifle is intended for use at ranges up to a maximum of 500 meters, while sniper rifles are generally optimized for ranges of 1,000 meters and greater. Designated marksman rifles are designed to fill this gap, typically being employed at ranges of 250 to 800 metres (270 to 870 yd).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Designated_marksman_rifle

Though USMCHave Its own definition of DMR

United States Marine Corps Designated Marksman Rifle

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Marine_Corps_Designated_Marksman_Rifle

Actually My Debate With Bonborus was on this Matter

he Don't consider SVD a DMR Which i argued It was here you Jumped in our argument in BTW
I know the difference between a Sniper Rifle and a DMR.

I came into the argument when you said that a laser rangefinder will increase the maximum range of a round from 1000m to 1500m. One and a half times the original maximum range.

That you still haven't been able to prove.
You won't be able to also because it's not true. It doesn't work like that.

WARREN SS

Country flag
I know the difference between a Sniper Rifle and a DMR.

I came into the argument when you said that a laser rangefinder will increase the maximum range of a round from 1000m to 1500m. One and a half times the original maximum range.

That you still haven't been able to prove.
You won't be able to also because it's not true. It doesn't work like that.
Laser Finder helps in Accurate Target Acquisition Thus Will Automatically Increase its Range What Stated as its Effective firing range Not Still Maximum firing range

Secondly Galil SA or Galatz also Capable to Fire .308 Win

.300 Winchester

http://world.guns.ru/sniper/sniper-rifles/isr/galil-sniper-e.html

Last edited:

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
You Know This SF use Variety of DMR And AMR Too

PSG1 ,Galil SA , GM6 Lynx ,Vidhwansak

Then You Put out kargil Which Was Not relevant Any Sniper on height of 16000 ft will be Lethal
We do It Siachen

Their Regular Are Equipped With 7.62 x 51m
And PSG 1 By POF And Steyr SSG9

There Some M82 but there Numbers are very Low in Numbers I bet Even Low than NSG Which Acquired 300 Barrett M82B in 2010

only Big order they made of RPA Rangemaster .50 Tactical Rifle Don't Know how many Procured
Since Its Not Licence Produced i Guessing it Not large
Stop writing 10000000 words as a Babu, and point out the post where i said - SVD is not DMR

You other Fangirl claims have been busted in previous pasges.

B
ut since you already mentioned it - i mentioned Kargil only to point out that Pak had variety of Sniper Rifles not Just PSG as you claim like a Fangirl.

WARREN SS

Country flag
Stop writing 10000000 words as a Babu, and point out the post where i said - SVD is not DMR

You other Fangirl claims have been busted in previous pasges.

B
ut since you already mentioned it - i mentioned Kargil only to point out that Pak had variety of Sniper Rifles not Just PSG as you claim like a Fangirl.
First of I am not a babu they are LDC and UDC
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gazetted_Officer_(India)
I am gazetted officer SSC CGL Appoint Officers Equivalent To assistant IB And Port Examiner

Though I Was Selected to Auditor And Cleared Departmental Exam for A.O Post

And If you and Any of your Family Member is in Army Ask them What an Account officer of CGDA can do
To there Salary Accounts :biggrin2:

If you Want see what I can Do Just give Me any Defense Personal EPF number And See What I am capable off

Last edited:

Bornubus

If you Want see what I can Do Just give Me your EPF number And See What I am capable off
Don't show your yellow teeth dude, now why would any one gives a flying fuck if you are CAG. The common term for your kind is a Babu.

Now stick to the topic before some Mod ban your Ass to your 9-5 Job lol

Bornubus

If you Want see what I can Do Just give Me your EPF number And See What I am capable off
Don't show your yellow teeth dude, now why would any one gives a flying fuck if you are CAG. The common term for your kind is a Babu.

WARREN SS

Country flag

what chickened out by babu It seems your not from military just a another enthusiast i respect Army men they are civil and disciplined guys
even If you have some argument you can maintain civility in debate It was you who started bragging your Knowledge

Maybe if i was wrong but doesn't give you right to attack some one Personally So You Need Lesson not me
Now i just mentioned my job profile you attacked me on that
As for my work just see what CGDA Do its not 9-5 job as you think it Is
http://cgda.nic.in/

Last edited:

rishivashista13

Country flag
Please ........ enough now .
Its going too personal and far out of topic .
Just fighting for ego . [emoji35]

Sent from my Micromax Q380 using Tapatalk

salute

the samarak is with american m4 instead of desi insas .

WARREN SS

Country flag
Over 780 Mard-e-momin SSG Have been Martyred Against poorly Equipped Militias of TTP :pound::pound:

"That’s what Pakistan did in its nearly two-year Operation Zarb-e-azb targeting al-Qaida and its offshoots in North Waziristan, at a tremendous sacrifice of some 780 special forces, according to Maj. Gen. Tahir Masood, commander of the Pakistani Special Services Group (SSG)".

http://www.defensenews.com/story/de...ount-bloody-battles-against-jihadis/84137942/

@Kunal Biswas @armyofhind @abingdonboy

PS:Moment This news Posted on PDF It was Censored by third over Proud Mods

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
We are not fanatical patriotic like Americans are, We are ok with M4 instead of Indian INSAS 1B1 over our samaraks.

Btw, We don`t use M203 UBGL though, only M4 with Ecotech ..

the samarak is with american m4 instead of desi insas .

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Desi guns stays with Desi Army within Bharat Deash ..

================

Its not a gud idea to troll with moderators, Smarty pant ..

Read forum rules ..

maybe army just resents desi guns .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles