Indian diplomat arrested, handcuffed in US for visa fraud

pmaitra

Diplomat's husband is US citizen, PM's daughter is US citizen, American are laughing and Indians are wasting bandwidth.
Simple thing. Don't sign any document that says "under penalty of perjury," if you do not agree with its contents. I have suffered and worked with attorneys in the US. What is written is written. I have walked out on lot of deals simply because I did not agree with the wordings.

One guy kept saying, "you know, we have to write this, but don't worry, we'll look out for ya'." I told him, "if you are not willing to put it down in writing, don't let it come out of your mouth," and walked away.

Once, I went to a gym for membership, and that guy wanted me to sign an electronic membership form. I asked him for a copy and I told him, I would like to read it, and if I agree, I'll sign it and bring it. He told me, there is no option for paper documents, and it has to be electronically. Guess what? I got up and left.

People are always trying to get you. You learn from your mistakes. I did. Everyone should. Treat your own signature with respect, and you will be fine.

Americans are not there to laugh at anyone. They have lot of troubles of their own. No one laughed at me when I walked away from the two aforementioned examples.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Like it or not, India has taken a stand.

The UPA dispensation maybe stooges of the US, but then this is the election year and so even these stooges (as you call them) cannot back down and appear spineless. The nation is livid and of that there is no doubt.

Any showing of weakness will have the bells tolling for the Congress.

They cannot take that chance!

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
Simple thing. Don't sign any document that says "under penalty of perjury," if you do not agree with its contents. I have suffered and worked with attorneys in the US. What is written is written. I have walked out on lot of deals simply because I did not agree with the wordings.

One guy kept saying, "you know, we have to write this, but don't worry, we'll look out for ya'." I told him, "if you are not willing to put it down in writing, don't let it come out of your mouth," and walked away.

Once, I went to a gym for membership, and that guy wanted me to sign an electronic membership form. I asked him for a copy and I told him, I would like to read it, and if I agree, I'll sign it and bring it. He told me, there is no option for paper documents, and it has to be electronically. Guess what? I got up and left.

People are always trying to get you. You learn from your mistakes. I did. Everyone should. Treat your own signature with respect, and you will be fine.

Americans are not there to laugh at anyone. They have lot of troubles of their own. No one laughed at me when I walked away from the two aforementioned examples.
What is your point come again.

hit&run

Mod
Like it or not, India has taken a stand.

The UPA dispensation maybe stooges of the US, but then this is the election year and so even these stooges (as you call them) cannot back down and appear spineless. The nation is livid and of that there is no doubt.

Any showing of weakness will have the bells tolling for the Congress.

They cannot take that chance!
Sir,

I can see what GoI has done to this case. May be you can not.

Please explain how her dignity will be restored now ?

I my way US diplomat was to picked up and an avenge was to be served. She would have brought back safe and sound with garlands on arrival and American diplomat booted out from India.

Now all GOI can do is moan about her diplomatic immunity; all USA has to say is let the courts decide.

In the mean time Indians will be wasting our bandwidth.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Sir,

I my way US diplomat was to picked up and an avenge was to be served. She would have brought back safe and sound with garlands on arrival and American diplomat booted out from India.

Now all GOI can do is moan about her diplomatic immunity; all USA has to say is let the courts decide.

They have already said that She can either stay away from trial or can go to India, case cannot continue in her absence. This is already been said from US.

Meaning they have already provided escape route.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Sir,

Her dignity as such cannot be restored unless we take reciprocal action like booking the homosexuals in the US Embassy and treating tNancy Powerll as horse manure.

Put surveillance over the US Embassy and Consulates and have people who openly bumbling so that they are aware that their Embassy and Consulates are under surveillance.

Haul them up for traffic offences and wrong parking.

Stop and search petty officials of the US diplomatic corps in India.

Everything subtly and legally!

Make things difficult for US companies and instead encourage investments from Europe.

Start jaw jawing with China and Russia and also France.

Give favoured preference to UK as we are doing for Tesco over Walmart!

Obama will start saying Oh Mama!

It must go out to the US that if they think that awe are strategic partners, so be it, but never to mistake that as being a vassal to the US Empire!

Last edited:

pmaitra

here is the funny part

http://www.justice.gov/usao/nys/pre...adeArrestPR/Khobragade, Devyani Complaint.pdf

so in the opinion of special agent she has only limited diplomatic immunity.........:rofl: based on this affidavit she was arrested. Judge was equally stupid to rely on this affidavit. God Save USA.............:taunt1:
If it is true that she had immunity, then Mark J. Smith could be counter-sued for providing incorrect information leading to wrongful arrest.

pmaitra

Her dignity as such cannot be restored unless we take reciprocal action like booking the homosexuals in the US Embassy and treating tNancy Powerll as horse manure.
We cannot arrest the homosexual US diplomats because being homosexual is not a crime. We need "sufficient cause," which is explicitly mentioned in IPC Section 377, and sufficient cause is that of penetration against the order of nature.

hit&run

Mod
They have already said that She can either stay away from trial or can go to India, case cannot continue in her absence. This is already been said from US.

Ok so things are more clear.

She is not going to leave USA. She knows she will be caught by Adarsh Scam (MH goverment has to abide by Adharsh Scam report after Rahul's comment; which she can see things unfolding in India) and she has family in USA.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

She is now seconded to the UN and UN is not the US.

hit&run

Mod

Put surveillance over the US Embassy and Consulates and have people who openly bumbling so that they are aware that their Embassy and Consulates are under surveillance.

Haul them up for traffic offences and wrong parking.

Stop and search petty officials of the US diplomatic corps in India.

Make things difficult for US companies and instead encourage investments from Europe.

Obama will start saying Oh Mama!
Sir,

I have heard an urban filmy proverb that 'Revenge/avenge is a pie best served cold' but my take is, for such diplomatic confrontation it's better served hot.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
staying in UN is best bet for her, if she comes to India she will should be arrested.

Reactions: sob

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
We cannot arrest the homosexual US diplomats because being homosexual is not a crime. We need "sufficient cause," which is explicitly mentioned in IPC Section 377, and sufficient cause is that of penetration against the order of nature.
Article 377 applies even now in India.

One can ask as to how they have entered India as a 'Companion'.

And then analyse 'Companion' as is applicable in the US.

And then let Hell break loose!

Up theirs!

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Sir,

I have heard an urban filmy proverb that 'Revenge/avenge is a pie best served cold' but my take is, for such diplomatic confrontation it's better served hot.
some like it hot, some like it cold and some like it in the po=t nine days old!

pmaitra

Article 377 applies even now in India.

One can ask as to how they have entered India as a 'Companion'.

And then analyse 'Companion' as is applicable in the US.

And then let Hell break loose!

Up theirs!
Section 377 applies even today, and I know that. There can be no conviction without evidence beyond reasonable doubt.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Section 377 applies even today, and I know that. There can be no conviction without evidence beyond reasonable doubt.
Apply 'reasonable doubt' as they have applied in the US.

What is sauce for the goose can be sauce for the gander.

Let us see if the US likes our sauce that we give them for being too saucy for comfort

Last edited:

Free Karma

No that is actually not right, here is what papers reported: If the U.N application is accepted, she will be free to leave, and proceedings will continue in absence, but the U.N application is "still under review".
So there's the catch.
Refer:
"The case will be there against her, it will not be dropped. The charges will remain," the sources said, adding, if the 39-year-old diplomat gets full diplomatic immunity, she can travel outside the country.
Case against Devyani Khobragade on firm footing: US - Times Of India

However, the important part is these are "sources", not an official U.S statement, so it might be worth nothing. Basically nothing official has come out after the U.S said an inter-department review was initiated.

But if the above "sources" do indicate the mood then nothing short of retaliation will solve this. (scratching out the possibility of agreeing to their backroom demands).

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
While I was always happy that India and the US were converging, yet this episode has left me livid.

The desire for respect as a Nation, that too being demolished by arrogant and flawed legalities, overrides every other advantage that can accrue from a relationship.

If India seeks newer pastures, it will be the US that will be the loser.

Our market and our strategic geographical location is lucrative to any Nation worth its salt.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles