Indian Counter Terror Operations Pictures & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

rishivashista13

Country flag
I don`t think that we have to get SAAB assistance to make our own MK4, They reduced the weight by reducing barrel length, As for the sights we use multiple sights on our RL ..
Reducing barrel length will affect the range and accuracy of the weapon .
Isn't it ?

Sent from my Micromax Q380 using Tapatalk

rishivashista13

Country flag
Is it possible to fire guided ammunition from Carl Gustav ?

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
He is a officer and probably from SF, He can do what he wants if its ok by his superiors ..

Yes, Its possible to fire guided ammunition if their are for 84mm RL ..

What's the rational behind wearing a cloth instead of Patka or Helmet? They aren't providing any protection! Are they??
Is it possible to fire guided ammunition from Carl Gustav ?

rishivashista13

Country flag
He is a officer and probably from SF, He can do what he wants if its ok by his superiors ..

Do we use any guided ammunition from 84 mm RL ?

AbRaj

Country flag

I don't have doubt about his wisdom or judgment. And I am a civilian Btw. Just don't want any harm to our boys. They should be provided with best gears available on earth and like to see them integrate every modern gear and practice into their routine

rishivashista13

Country flag
I don't think so.
And I don't think it's possible to fire guided ammunition from the Carl Gustaf.
Programmable ammo yes, not guided.
Why not laser guided ?
It seems quite possible .........

Chinmoy

Country flag
Why not laser guided ?
It seems quite possible .........

Karl Gustav or RL are for short range ammunition. For any guided ammunition to act, you need flight time which means guided ammunitions are more suitable at long distances. But maximum effective range of CG is 1km, that too with rocket powered booster.
So any short of guided ammo is not for such short range weapon.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
The titanium alloy metallurgy the speak of is used in our MK3 ( Tanks and Artillery tubes too ) as well as theirs even in the breach, Reducing 3kgs can be logically explained by reduced barrel length.

The sights and ammunition are separate acquisition from main weapon.The sights can be mounted as per need is same if available, For example we also use thermal sights made by BEL under license from ARDE :

If needed in future we can mount smart sights as well with electronic programmable ammunition from Israel or our own or SAAB itself. Presently 84mm RL HE rounds are manually programmed for air-burst.
Kunal sir if this is some how converted into this, it will be super for uban warfare

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
The guy in helmet looks real bad ass.
What's the rational behind wearing a cloth instead of Patka or Helmet? They aren't providing any protection! Are they??
That is the special force, they are trained for special ops, they dont require any protection, its the enemies who require protection when they act.

Hardi

Carl Gustav is A anti tank weapon.. also with.. many types of round..

Like..AT-4, law -80, RPG series..Rocket propel grenade.. u can not guide this weapon... US have some.. weapon that guide..some capability..

if change Type of weapon.. USA have Javelin Fire and forget weapon..
also Isreali Spike Missle system..
this weapons specialty for hit A Tank or any grounded target.. range 2-4 km..

India choose Spike Missle.. front of.. Javelin.
(because india put 60000 large order..in 2009 but Washington dot allows to this large.. order with transfer technology..to india)

India have.. Spike...
(in backdoor India also can using Javelin..too.)

Spoke .jpg

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
During Kargil 84mm RL were used to engage enemy sangars at ranges far as far 2kms, They were cheap and effective.

84mm RL is multipurpose weapon, Interestingly its anti-tank role is least prioritized,

aditya g

Country flag
During Kargil 84mm RL were used to engage enemy sangars at ranges far as far 2kms, They were cheap and effective.

84mm RL is multipurpose weapon, Interestingly its anti-tank role is least prioritized,
Kunalji you are a limitless source of information on our fauj. I especially look forward to your posts on small arms.

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
For one CG is no longer effective against modern Armour but still among the best shoulder Fire RCL out there and here to stay for long. IA uses it as anti personal weapon and Bunker Buster. However some of it's work has been taken over by 40 mm MGL

Rest assure our ATGM inventory is more than suffice and in insane numbers both for Pakis and PLA. I am not even counting the future induction of NAG and Jevlin/ SPIKE but Konkurs- M, Fagot, Milan 2 and KORNET, most of the later induction have Tandem Warheads capable of penetrating @ 800 - 1000 mm RHA.

Being the forward most unit Dogra Scouts were the 1st to be equipped with KORNET and Limited number of SPIKE in service with SFF.

This 9P135 launcher post belong to Dogras capable of firing both Konkurs and Fagot ATGM enough for Paki Bunkers and their Al Zarrars ( T 55)

DS.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles