If Roma are not subcontinentals, what are they?

What are roma?

• They are a mixed/own race of people, little to do with India.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • They are subcontinentals.

• They are Europeans.

• Other.

• Total voters

Soul83

most indians said roma are not indians, so what are they. europeans consider them to be indians.

do you consider balkan roma to be balkanites? (me)
-no, subcontintentals (a slavic-macedonian forum member, on another forum)

most europeans consider roma to be indians, indians may see that roma look different then them but to europeans it is not clear, because roma are proven to be from india and they are brown, so to them they look alike, they dont look european
http://news.xinhuanet.com/english2010/photo/2010-09/15/13495361_11n.jpg

[MOD Warning: Capitalize proper nouns and sentence starters.]

abhi_the _gr8_maratha

Country flag
Hmmm this is a big question. I think you are more worried about roma people and their origin than nuclear weapons

Last edited:

Ajesh

most indians said roma are not indians, so what are they. europeans consider them to be indians.

do you consider balkan roma to be balkanites? (me)
-no, subcontintentals (a slavic-macedonian forum member, on another forum)

most europeans consider roma to be indians, indians may see that roma look different then them but to europeans it is not clear, because roma are proven to be from india and they are brown, so to them they look alike, they dont look european
http://news.xinhuanet.com/english2010/photo/2010-09/15/13495361_11n.jpg

[MOD Warning: Capitalize proper nouns and sentence starters.]
Just leave it Man.. Romani's are Indian in Origin. Period.

Cliff@sea

C'est la vie
Country flag
i think a more reasonable first option would be "They are a mixed race of people, with some connection to India."

It's true that romani people have Indian origin but evidently that's not their only origin .

Soul83

i think a more reasonable first option would be "They are a mixed race of people, with some connection to India."

It's true that romani people have Indian origin but evidently that's not their only origin .
some sounds like few or little, basically what i said and what is official position of indians and their government. notice i didnt said nothing but little, which is the same as few or some. if you said a diaspora people who are mixed but still retain a strong connection to india it would sound different. etc.

Country flag
Roma have their origins in the subcontinent this has been proven by anthropologist and dna studies. Soul
I know you are looking for acknowledgement and acceptance you will find it among the Indian diaspora but
Indians do not care about indians once they have left even one generation ago. Indians returning for a visit
Are viewed very differently from how indians view each other.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles