Help the poor Initiative

Discussion in 'Announcements & Feedback' started by Rebelkid, Aug 24, 2010.

1. Rebelkid

Rebelkid Regular Member

Would it be possible to start Donation system in DFI . Every month we could collect the money transfer the money into some aid organization for the poor, or better we could personally buy books and other educational material for children who live in the street side and in orphanages..

I think its worth the effort to do this small little help for the community.

3. ahmedsid

ahmedsid Top Gun Senior Member

I too like the Idea actually, sounds good. But how far would it go? It will be based on User feedback I guess

4. Rebelkid

Rebelkid Regular Member

After end of each month the money will be collected, that money will be spread into trust able DFI members in cities...for example if we have 3 people living in Bangalore and 3 people living in Delhi we could divide the money. this group maybe with help of local volunteers would help in buying books , food and other educational material for children and give them for free in orphanages.. As time comes more and more money will pour in which will be spread according to the demography of the cities and location of our members in these cities..

5. Singh

Singh Phat Cat Administrator

6. ahmedsid

ahmedsid Top Gun Senior Member

I am in it Rebelkid, its a good initiative, the first of its kind! God Speed

7. Rebelkid

Rebelkid Regular Member

I don't trust aid agencies ...not even half of the donation goes to the poor, even aid agencies are corrupted. Its better we do it directly rather than a shortcut..
    Would be a lot better if we could help directly with DFI members and local voulenteers...

8. Singh

Singh Phat Cat Administrator

DFI is a forum geared for online discussion not for disbursing aid. Most of us don't have the capability, resources nor the skill to be an aid agency and what about accountability ?
    Lets help the genuine aid agencies, instead. My 2 paisa !

9. Rebelkid

Rebelkid Regular Member

Nobody is geared for anything in life, that does not mean we just hit a shortcut, i would not post this suggestion here if i could just donate money.
    I don't trust Genuine Aid agencies. Its time we got out of the " They will do it, why should we ??" mentality....