Happy 350th Prakash Utsav!

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
I think we must have thread on Guru. We have threads on famous personalities but lives and struggles of Gurus especially during Bhakti period & Islamic invasion period must be covered. We are very ignorant about that period. @Project Dharma @hit&run @lcafanboy
I will actually oppose such thread. The religious thread should be celebratory not for debates and discussions.

Regards

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
I think we must have thread on Guru. We have threads on famous personalities but lives and struggles of Gurus especially during Bhakti period & Islamic invasion period must be covered. We are very ignorant about that period. @Project Dharma @hit&run @lcafanboy
I will actually oppose such thread. The religious thread should be celebratory not for debates and discussions.

Regards
Sir, I am afraid of creating it. Everytime there is such a thread, there is the inevitable troll that makes things go downhill by badmouthing. To people he is just a nationalist Indian, to me he is Guru and everything. :)

AnantS

Country flag

Regards
Umm a new thread for not debate but as an archive on history. We do have other historical threads on other historical personalities. I understand when we talk about religious figures religion comes into picture. But what is a not really covered is history around it. Though thinking of it deeply, I concede that given so many multiple versions of history available, it can lead to inadvertently hurting sentiments

AnantS

Country flag
Sir, I am afraid of creating it. Everytime there is such a thread, there is the inevitable troll that makes things go downhill by badmouthing. To people he is just a nationalist Indian, to me he is Guru and everything. :)
Sorry if I gave an impression that I don't consider him as a Guru. I am just fascinated by efforts of various saints born in India to unite the people, how they traveled across the country, preached - revived traditions - shunned bad practices. And how they came from all corners of country with one mission. No I am not a Rashtriya Sikh Sangat member on mission to hijack or misrepresent religion. :D I read on similar lines about Swami Vivekanand, Sirdi Sai Baba, Adi Shankracharya, Yogi Totapuri and so on.

But mitti pao, if that leads to animosity lets no go there :)

F-14B

#iamPUROHIT
Country flag
my lord
I don't know how to describe you
you are a person of immeasurable stature
even these words I write fail me
in my mission to describe you
my hands ask me quite
how can I describe you, my lord
you taught the meek sparrows to fight the falcon
you turned vultures to Lions
you made a person fight against a million
why did you have to sacrifice your sons
but who else other than you could my lord
may the kalasa rule may the cry that state
that happy is one who remembers the lord ring across
and strike terror in the hearts of the unjust and evil
my lord, I have only one wish to walk on the path
of Dharma even at the cost of my life
my lord my king my guru guard me as you would your own
and guide me to righteousness and away from the darkness
that is this world

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
Sorry if I gave an impression that I don't consider him as a Guru. I am just fascinated by efforts of various saints born in India to unite the people, how they traveled across the country, preached - revived traditions - shunned bad practices. And how they came from all corners of country with one mission. No I am not a Rashtriya Sikh Sangat member on mission to hijack or misrepresent religion. :D I read on similar lines about Swami Vivekanand, Sirdi Sai Baba, Adi Shankracharya, Yogi Totapuri and so on.

But mitti pao, if that leads to animosity lets no go there :)

Arre nai paaji, maaf karna tusi nai. I was talking in general. Trolls pop up from time to time and hijack these threads.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
Using the same thread.

Many greeting to all the Indians for 351st 'Prakash divas' of Guru Gobind Singh Ji.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles