Countering Chinese might - Indian way

I am otm shank

No country can stand on its own..it has to have reliable friends to back it up. no matter how great it's technology or resources. Germany is a good example of this or napoleonic France. America even for its advanced tech and vast material and economic resources reaches out to every country large and small to cultivate strategic alliances that protect its hegemony in every region on earth

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
For those who said that achieving exa flop computing is a distance dream for india, read this very insightful post of a member named Deepika maheshwari. I post this with her courtesy.

cirr said:
Listen dunderhead, stop sounding as if the likes of Altera, Xilink and Lattice are Indian companies. :rofl:

Does India make chips of any sort? I mean ANY sort? The answer is a resounding NO. :tdown::lol:

In tne meanwhile, China has started using FPGAs onboard its micro-satellite and satellite constellation:

中新网哈尔滨11月18日电 (记者 王舒 史轶夫)18日晚,哈尔滨工业大学对外发布消息称,作为“长征十一号”运载火箭搭载的脉冲星试验卫星“XPNAV-1”载荷之一,由该校研制的“可编程SOC计算载荷”打破国外高性能宇航级计算器件的禁运限制,将完成一系列科学验证与空间探测实验。

本月10日7时42分,“长征十一号”运载火箭发射成功,火箭搭载的脉冲星试验卫星“XPNAV-1”顺利升空并成功进入预定轨道。作为星上载荷之一,哈工大电气学院自动化测试与控制研究所研制的“可编程SOC计算载荷”开始了空间探索之旅,将完成一系列科学验证与空间探测实验。此次搭载实验是研究所在嵌入式高性能计算、空间辐射防护技术、系统健康管理等领域研究成果在空间的首次工程化验证。

“可编程SOC计算载荷”旨在应对未来微小卫星、卫星星群的高性能低成本计算需求。研究针对空间辐射环境的可靠性设计加固技术,采用工业级高性能异构器件实现故障可容忍的空间计算系统,从而可将星载计算机性能提升10倍以上,突破每秒20亿条指令,并大幅降低成本,打破国外高性能宇航级计算器件的禁运限制。

目前,该计算载荷已经在轨开机自检,数据传输及各项指标均正常。后续该计算载荷将完成工业级器件空间辐射防护设计技术验证,完成工业级静态随机存储器(SRAM)工艺现场可编程门阵列器件(FPGA)的可重构技术验证、单粒子翻转及防护方法技术验证、在轨总剂量性能退化实时监测技术验证、在轨闩锁检测防护技术验证,并进行空间高光谱图像分类处理方法原型验证、空间锂离子电池荷电状态评估方法技术验证、基于异构加速方法的飞轮动力学方程解算技术验证等一系列实验。

通过此次搭载,实验成果将为卫星尤其是微小卫星、深空探测、空间站等航天任务提供具备自主知识产权的在轨计算能力支持,解决装备在轨自主运行管理、在轨系统健康管理、装备人工智能等先进技术理念的空间应用计算瓶颈问题,降低微小卫星成本,助力中国航天事业发展。(完)

Have no idea what the above says? Time to learn Chinese dude. :lol::D
Micro-satellites? Dont make me laugh. India and rest of the world is using FPGA and CPLDs for low-volume application-specific digital circuits since well, late 90s or even before -- this includes satellites and yes guidance systems in rockets as well. Heck even ham radio enthusiasts use them for making custom digital circuits. Also, FYI, neither Altera nor Xilinx make any chips. If you think this problem is one related to manufacturing chips, you are a moron.

Further, meet a company called ARM. You might know them because of the processor which runs your and that other chinese illiterate's phone in HongPong. Count for count their processors are much more in number than any other processor and they also do not produce any Chips. How about it? I will leave you to figure out how can someone produce processors without making chips since you know the chicken scratches shown above.

Another fun part! Before your WhatTheHeckItIsCalled stupid super computer was made, you were buying processors from Intel to make your super computer. These are called Xeon Omega Phi (google--err I mean what ever censored engine you use-- to find what it is). Now obama got a bit angry with your Stupid party so he banned Intel from selling you these chips(http://www.cio.com/article/2908693/...-chips-to-chinese-supercomputer-projects.html). You developed inferior knock-off of such chips by stealing Alpha instruction set and created a useless chip by throwing around cores like crazy without any bit of idea of bottlenecks that appear in running real algorithms. This is how your HungWang-2 was built.

Now the your own scientists are complaining that it is difficult to put to any useful work (http://www.scmp.com/news/china/arti...computer-fails-impress-some-potential-clients). You know why, you illiterate moron? Because when you make a new architecture or in this case a new distributed parallel architecture, you also have to design a good way to compile programmes against that and that is much harder than just throwing cores of silicon and soldering it with PCI-e lanes.

Making super computer hardware is a problem of scale, making useful software for it is not -- which is why China will always fail at it. And please do not quote your 'award winning' college students on this, as this problem is one of software architecture and not that of solving 40 problems in 2 days. What you have constructed is a silicon monstrosity which is good for show only and occasionally run LINPACK. If you had purchased --no if you were ALLOWED to purchase-- Intel's Xeon Omega Phi processors; you would have got all of the software to run this for free: from intel, in form of their award winning intel compiler collection and from the world-wide libraries which universities and big-data companies have developed to ease the task of running parallel algorithms. But then if that was true, Chinese would have been wise, not moron like they are.

Now; coming to FPGA: Ever heard of High Level Synthesis? Since you are so intelligent chicken scratch reading HongiePongie I will let you figure out what it is. The next super computer breakthrough will come from this technology and it will beat your stupid TingTongTwo to pulp and will consume about 10th of the power which your stupid junkputer consumes. The work on this is already on in C-DAC and it is a software problem, something which chicken-scratch-readers know nothing about.

So good day! and sorry I do not read random piece of craps throw on board. China and chinese are like monkeys -- only good at aping.

Han Patriot said:
Actually firstly, although I am not a ee engineer, what I understand about fgpa is that it's a larger scale controller and more basic. You can't really compare it with a microprocessor, you basically can integrate processorz into fgpa modules. Correct me if I am wrong.

The purpose is to stop bragging...do it first...achieve it then celebrate...you guys look so stupid shouting n cheering for something planned but not achieved.
What you know about FPGA is partially correct. It allows you to realize any arbitrary digital circuit without actually making a chip, great part about FPGAs is that they can be reconfigured very easily. And FYI, microprocessor based computing is only one way of computing. Another way is to realize a digital circuit out of it. Circuits are inheritently faster as they allow much higher parallelism. This is why a FPGA can beat almost any processor.

Hard part is translating algoirthms into circuits. Even harder is to map such algorithms onto a network of FPGAs. But this is a software problem and it is under work for quite sometime. Only reason why microprocessor and GPU based approaches are mainstream is because of the PC revolution of 90s. It is due to economy of scale.

Source: http://**********/threads/india-will-have-super-supercomputer-by-2017.461693/page-5#ixzz4RkUucbx3

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
For those who said that achieving exa flop computing is a distance dream for india, read this very insightful post of a member named Deepika maheshwari. I post this with her courtesy.

cirr said:
Listen dunderhead, stop sounding as if the likes of Altera, Xilink and Lattice are Indian companies. :rofl:

Does India make chips of any sort? I mean ANY sort? The answer is a resounding NO. :tdown::lol:

In tne meanwhile, China has started using FPGAs onboard its micro-satellite and satellite constellation:

中新网哈尔滨11月18日电 (记者 王舒 史轶夫)18日晚,哈尔滨工业大学对外发布消息称,作为“长征十一号”运载火箭搭载的脉冲星试验卫星“XPNAV-1”载荷之一,由该校研制的“可编程SOC计算载荷”打破国外高性能宇航级计算器件的禁运限制,将完成一系列科学验证与空间探测实验。

本月10日7时42分,“长征十一号”运载火箭发射成功,火箭搭载的脉冲星试验卫星“XPNAV-1”顺利升空并成功进入预定轨道。作为星上载荷之一,哈工大电气学院自动化测试与控制研究所研制的“可编程SOC计算载荷”开始了空间探索之旅,将完成一系列科学验证与空间探测实验。此次搭载实验是研究所在嵌入式高性能计算、空间辐射防护技术、系统健康管理等领域研究成果在空间的首次工程化验证。

“可编程SOC计算载荷”旨在应对未来微小卫星、卫星星群的高性能低成本计算需求。研究针对空间辐射环境的可靠性设计加固技术,采用工业级高性能异构器件实现故障可容忍的空间计算系统,从而可将星载计算机性能提升10倍以上,突破每秒20亿条指令,并大幅降低成本,打破国外高性能宇航级计算器件的禁运限制。

目前,该计算载荷已经在轨开机自检,数据传输及各项指标均正常。后续该计算载荷将完成工业级器件空间辐射防护设计技术验证,完成工业级静态随机存储器(SRAM)工艺现场可编程门阵列器件(FPGA)的可重构技术验证、单粒子翻转及防护方法技术验证、在轨总剂量性能退化实时监测技术验证、在轨闩锁检测防护技术验证,并进行空间高光谱图像分类处理方法原型验证、空间锂离子电池荷电状态评估方法技术验证、基于异构加速方法的飞轮动力学方程解算技术验证等一系列实验。

通过此次搭载,实验成果将为卫星尤其是微小卫星、深空探测、空间站等航天任务提供具备自主知识产权的在轨计算能力支持,解决装备在轨自主运行管理、在轨系统健康管理、装备人工智能等先进技术理念的空间应用计算瓶颈问题,降低微小卫星成本,助力中国航天事业发展。(完)

Have no idea what the above says? Time to learn Chinese dude. :lol::D
Micro-satellites? Dont make me laugh. India and rest of the world is using FPGA and CPLDs for low-volume application-specific digital circuits since well, late 90s or even before -- this includes satellites and yes guidance systems in rockets as well. Heck even ham radio enthusiasts use them for making custom digital circuits. Also, FYI, neither Altera nor Xilinx make any chips. If you think this problem is one related to manufacturing chips, you are a moron.

Further, meet a company called ARM. You might know them because of the processor which runs your and that other chinese illiterate's phone in HongPong. Count for count their processors are much more in number than any other processor and they also do not produce any Chips. How about it? I will leave you to figure out how can someone produce processors without making chips since you know the chicken scratches shown above.

Another fun part! Before your WhatTheHeckItIsCalled stupid super computer was made, you were buying processors from Intel to make your super computer. These are called Xeon Omega Phi (google--err I mean what ever censored engine you use-- to find what it is). Now obama got a bit angry with your Stupid party so he banned Intel from selling you these chips(http://www.cio.com/article/2908693/...-chips-to-chinese-supercomputer-projects.html). You developed inferior knock-off of such chips by stealing Alpha instruction set and created a useless chip by throwing around cores like crazy without any bit of idea of bottlenecks that appear in running real algorithms. This is how your HungWang-2 was built.

Now the your own scientists are complaining that it is difficult to put to any useful work (http://www.scmp.com/news/china/arti...computer-fails-impress-some-potential-clients). You know why, you illiterate moron? Because when you make a new architecture or in this case a new distributed parallel architecture, you also have to design a good way to compile programmes against that and that is much harder than just throwing cores of silicon and soldering it with PCI-e lanes.

Making super computer hardware is a problem of scale, making useful software for it is not -- which is why China will always fail at it. And please do not quote your 'award winning' college students on this, as this problem is one of software architecture and not that of solving 40 problems in 2 days. What you have constructed is a silicon monstrosity which is good for show only and occasionally run LINPACK. If you had purchased --no if you were ALLOWED to purchase-- Intel's Xeon Omega Phi processors; you would have got all of the software to run this for free: from intel, in form of their award winning intel compiler collection and from the world-wide libraries which universities and big-data companies have developed to ease the task of running parallel algorithms. But then if that was true, Chinese would have been wise, not moron like they are.

Now; coming to FPGA: Ever heard of High Level Synthesis? Since you are so intelligent chicken scratch reading HongiePongie I will let you figure out what it is. The next super computer breakthrough will come from this technology and it will beat your stupid TingTongTwo to pulp and will consume about 10th of the power which your stupid junkputer consumes. The work on this is already on in C-DAC and it is a software problem, something which chicken-scratch-readers know nothing about.

So good day! and sorry I do not read random piece of craps throw on board. China and chinese are like monkeys -- only good at aping.

Han Patriot said:
Actually firstly, although I am not a ee engineer, what I understand about fgpa is that it's a larger scale controller and more basic. You can't really compare it with a microprocessor, you basically can integrate processorz into fgpa modules. Correct me if I am wrong.

The purpose is to stop bragging...do it first...achieve it then celebrate...you guys look so stupid shouting n cheering for something planned but not achieved.
What you know about FPGA is partially correct. It allows you to realize any arbitrary digital circuit without actually making a chip, great part about FPGAs is that they can be reconfigured very easily. And FYI, microprocessor based computing is only one way of computing. Another way is to realize a digital circuit out of it. Circuits are inheritently faster as they allow much higher parallelism. This is why a FPGA can beat almost any processor.

Hard part is translating algoirthms into circuits. Even harder is to map such algorithms onto a network of FPGAs. But this is a software problem and it is under work for quite sometime. Only reason why microprocessor and GPU based approaches are mainstream is because of the PC revolution of 90s. It is due to economy of scale.

Source: http://**********/threads/india-will-have-super-supercomputer-by-2017.461693/page-5#ixzz4RkUucbx3
Somebody talked about semiconductor chips?
I have a lot to share but first le'me inform you that India's first chip fabrication plant in PrantJi is going to.start in 4th quarter of 2017. (Noida was cancelled).

For advance chips, research is underway.

India22

1) Secure country from anti-nationals.

2) Concentrate on production of military equipment in India. Ask for license production in India.

3) Improve infrastructure. Invest at least 5% of total budget on education, 5% on health and 5% on transportation.

4) Indian economy should be based on non-conventional sources to reduce dependence on foreign countries.

5) Quickly solve Pakistan problem so that we can focus our all energy against China.

6) Bring professionalism in education.

7) Emphasize on agriculture and population planning

8) Main strict vigilance to combat corruption.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Somebody talked about semiconductor chips?
I have a lot to share but first le'me inform you that India's first chip fabrication plant in PrantJi is going to.start in 4th quarter of 2017. (Noida was cancelled).

For advance chips, research is underway.
But as per the argument of deepika, the key in making high speed super computer is programming and not hardware.

India22

Mark it Pakistan is going to be China's Vietnam. Noticed how US is completely silent over growing Chinese influence in Pakistan? US wants China to settle in Pakistan then perhaps they will start funding proxies. If India helps Balochistan well, Chinese may be getting involved in long war.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles