Computer Console Gaming thread

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
Hey @An Angry Potato I guess cheif's death in the halo 5 was just a cover up to the fact that cheif had defected and is on a self made solo mission,after cheifs attack at biko,that tarnished his image and many civvies doubted him.

An Angry Potato

Hey @An Angry Potato I guess cheif's death in the halo 5 was just a cover up to the fact that cheif had defected and is on a self made solo mission,after cheifs attack at biko,that tarnished his image and many civvies doubted him.
Yeah that was the whole deal with ONI and FERO. If i remember the audio tapes from hunt the truth campaign correctly then ONI/FERO/ The insurrection setup the chief for whatever reason, because the video of chief shooting those politicians/senators was doctored or the chief was misled. Even the Sangheili came out in support of the chief. Maybe ONI is using chief as a scapegoat to try and start a war with the Sangheili because they consider them a threat? I think the next few games might deal with rebellion with human colonies, considering they did try to break away once, and the whole chief affair might be a false flag

Absolutely.

===================================================
Did you ever find a mp match? Or was it broken for you

EDIT: I looked into it and yeah the whole chief is a traitor is a cover up. Chief raided the biko and killed infiltrators who were trying to scuttle the peace talks. However everybody has decided to blame chief and pronounce him dead for PR reasons or something

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
Did you ever find a mp match? Or was it broken for you
I dont usually play on consoles so i cant say much,did not try MP for halo MCC.
Yeah that was the whole deal with ONI and FERO. If i remember the audio tapes from hunt the truth campaign correctly then ONI/FERO/ The insurrection setup the chief for whatever reason, because the video of chief shooting those politicians/senators was doctored or the chief was misled. Even the Sangheili came out in support of the chief. Maybe ONI is using chief as a scapegoat to try and start a war with the Sangheili because they consider them a threat? I think the next few games might deal with rebellion with human colonies, considering they did try to break away once, and the whole chief affair might be a false flag
I think the same way,i have a few questions that are bothering me.

1. why does didact hates huans,i mean forerunners defeated humans,they had the amntle.

2. why is cortana so much firey for that mantle and wants cheifs support.

3. aND can cortana be fixed,i mean they have halsey now,they will get her.

An Angry Potato

I dont usually play on consoles so i cant say much,did not try MP for halo MCC.

I think the same way,i have a few questions that are bothering me.

1. why does didact hates huans,i mean forerunners defeated humans,they had the amntle.

2. why is cortana so much firey for that mantle and wants cheifs support.

3. aND can cortana be fixed,i mean they have halsey now,they will get her.
Oh boy this is going to be a long one.
1. You see, the forerunners were NEVER SUPPOSED TO GET THE MANTLE. They took it by force. Didact went insane fighting the flood (when we see him he is heavily mutated). Humanity was supposed to claim the mantle from the species that created us both (the precursors). BTW do you know of the connection between the flood and the precursors? EDIT: Also Didact firmly believes that mantle belongs to forerunners and forerunners alone. He is essentially a space version of a jihadi
2. Cortana has gone rampant. Our AI's are essentially low quality forerunner clones. All AI's go mad after 7 years (Bungies favorite number). Cortana is acting like a madman. She is delusional
3. Cortana was created using a different procedure, so there might a really small chance (like 0.01%). After 7 years an AI thinks itself to death, and as such there is no cure. So far no AI has been recovered

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
3. Cortana was created using a different procedure, so there might a really small chance (like 0.01%). After 7 years an AI thins itself to death, and as such there is no cure. So far no AI has been recovered
She has cured herself with the forerunner tech.,halsey can fix her thinking part i beleive.

1. You see, the forerunners were NEVER SUPPOSED TO GET THE MANTLE. They took it by force. Didact went insane fighting the flood (when we see him he is heavily mutated). Humanity was supposed to claim the mantle from the species that created us both (the precursors). BTW do you know of the connection between the flood and the precursors? EDIT: Also Didact firmly believes that mantle belongs to forerunners and forerunners alone. He is essentially a space version of a jihadi
Isnt it that the forerunners themselves created the flood to fight off the humans???

And one last thing,if cortana is evil,then is she on the forerunners side-i mean didact's side??

If she is then we are fucked,she has the domain and guardians plus didact and the composer,we are screwed we need 10000000 of john-117's

An Angry Potato

She has cured herself with the forerunner tech.,halsey can fix her thinking part i beleive.

Isnt it that the forerunners themselves created the flood to fight off the humans???

And one last thing,if cortana is evil,then is she on the forerunners side-i mean didact's side??

If she is then we are fucked,she has the domain and guardians plus didact and the composer,we are screwed we need 10000000 of john-117's
No not really. Cortana has simply accessed the forerunner domain. The domain was the collective sum of knowledge for all Forerunners. Thing is the domain is supposed to be destroyed. Forerunner tech is way to advanced for humans to meddle in.
2. NO. The Flood is the corrupted remains of the Precursors. Precursors were beings that made humans and forerunners as their "children" The beings could across entire galaxies/slow time etc. They were very powerful beings. At one point they decided to leave and give the mantle aka the guardianship of the galaxy to humans. However the forerunner were not happy and revolted against the precursors. most precursors let themselves be destroyed thinking that forerunners might understand that they are violent creatures and thus don't deserve the mantle. The forerunners won and took over the mantle. However some precursors escaped and turned themselves into a powder and hibernated on a ship drifting outside the galaxy. This powder got corrupted and ultimately turned into the flood. The flood infects everything because it felt betrayed by its creations. Humanity did not defend them, and forerunners killed them. It infects everyone so that it can control EVERY LIVING THING in the galaxy. That way no one will rise against them. Halo 3 makes a reference to this when the gravemind says "The sins of a father are passed down to his sons". Also a creepy thing to note is that there is no escape from the flood. Even if you are dead the flood will use up your biomass and convert you into something. All the infected creatures are still and are in extreme pain and full self aware (but they cannot control their actions). and since the flood does not die from old age, it means that once you are infected you will essentially be tortured forever.
3. Cortana is on nobody's side. She is only working for herself.
4. Considering the flood is still alive in various places it is only a matter of time before we are fucked. Also John is one of a kind. Right before the first firing of the rings when the forerunners went extinct, the librarian planted "seeds" in humanity so that when we were reborn we could finally reclaim the mantle. These seeds are genetic in nature and john is supposed to reclaim humanity's place as the guardians of the galaxy. He is our savior :)

Krusty

Country flag
Chief is the genetically perfect creature. The rules of the entire universe bend to accommodate his goal :p
You are not wrong. The human covenant war was hell.

DOOM guy went to actual hell and killed every demon because they looked at him funny. :pound:

DOOM guy splits demos in half with his bare hands. Play the latest DOOM. It will replace all your blood with testosterone.

An Angry Potato

You are not wrong. The human covenant war was hell.

DOOM guy went to actual hell and killed every demon because they looked at him funny. :pound:

DOOM guy splits demos in half with his bare hands. Play the latest DOOM. It will replace all your blood with testosterone.
I do like his philosophy of life (There are no problems if there are no people/demons) but the chief can technically never fail so..... pretty even toss up I say
Also where do you play DOOM? PC?

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
something to make you :mad2: (ignore the overly gracious title though)

Which game ?:eek1:

My first FPS was Doom (90's) but I don't like fast moving FPS since it causes me motion sickness, 10 years back it wasn't so and I played continuously for hours. So I like hunting/sniping games where I can move slowly without moving my view fast. I liked Portal 1, which was interesting, but haven't played Portal 2.

BTW can you guys suggest me a good sniper game ?
@aditya10r , @An Angry Potato

Last edited:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles