Chinese troops too close for India's comfort, warns top general

neo29

If the news is true, IA or the Government must declare satellite images and clear proof apart from grainy images of bunkers and chinese buses.

This should be taken at a very highest diplomatic level. An open protest should be made. We dont hear anything of that sort.

AOE

If Chinese where so superior they should have over run India by now, you forget chinese technology like aircrafts are no in anyway superior to India. So to close the gap with China is an realistic goal and i still think HAL-NAL can make an 4.5gen aircraft instead of buying it in the market. I also cant figure out how the BAe Hawk is better than Indian made trainer like Sitra.
This may surprise you, but it is not that simple. China 'being superior' in military terms does not mean they would take the advantage to overrun India, especially since China is a country surrounded by enemies. One of these enemies is Taiwain, which would declare independence if China was busy attacking someone else.

Country flag
Takeing sides is not my cup of tea. I think we have our own side and always did as the non-aligned movement proved that, takeing sides reduces your ability to rely on yourself and build better weapons and technologies. I think that policy of not takeing sides how ever hypocritically and half halfheartedly it was followed allowed us to spurn our own technologies from the Space Agency to Missiles and Aircraft's so if we take sides that would limit us to being buyers like in the case of MMRCA. In my opinion that 10billion should be given to DRDO to improve infrastructure and come out with a 4.5gen fighter jet which is more realistic of NAL-HAL capabilities, instead we are seeking foreign support.

In reality no country really "takes sides" but they do what is best for their interests.

sandeepdg

This may surprise you, but it is not that simple. China 'being superior' in military terms does not mean they would take the advantage to overrun India, especially since China is a country surrounded by enemies. One of these enemies is Taiwain, which would declare independence if China was busy attacking someone else.
Mate, China can crush Taiwan in 2 days flat.

sandeepdg

Very soon PoK will called as PoC, it is quiet possible Chinese army might have permanent base in PoK. This move of Pakistan may cost it PoK.

Chinese may be eying access to oil wells of gulf countries. These developments are very interesting. But one thing for sure Pakistan will repent soon for having too much trust on Chinese.
Actually, I think the Chinese are already present in a covert manner in POK. They may very try getting hold of this region, since they want to develop a trade corridor to Iran and Central Asia all the way.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
That is not true, China still contests Arunachal Pradesh as its own and if they where so much better off why did they not invade it and take it for themselves like Tibet? Chinese maps show Arunachal Pradesh as part of China and not to mention their invasion in 1962 and withdrawal.

China is not really that powerful as we make it out to be their war credentials are questionable and they have till date not invaded Taiwan and taken it over.

san

That is not true, China still contests Arunachal Pradesh as its own and if they where so much better off why did they not invade it and take it for themselves like Tibet? Chinese maps show Arunachal Pradesh as part of China and not to mention their invasion in 1962 and withdrawal.

China is not really that powerful as we make it out to be their war credentials are questionable and they have till date not invaded Taiwan and taken it over.
Our infrastructure in North East is very poor. Chinese need to blow the one way rail track connecting WB with Assam, and then need to destroy the 3 bridges on Brahmaputra and then bomb the major air bases in Tezpur, Jorhat and Dibrugarh. Arm dozen of anti –india militants and pressure Bangladesh not to allow transit facility to India. All these will be more than sufficient to grab Arunachal Pradesh.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Dear Mr. General,

Do you really think Sonia Gandhi or her slaves in the so-called government of India care? Why are you wasting your time and energy on alerting these traitors who would for a commission of some millions tell this warning directly to CCP leaders. Do you really think that Anthony is your boss or for that matter Patil or not-so-Singh?

You know this, I know this. Then why raise an alert?

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
Our infrastructure in North East is very poor. Chinese need to blow the one way rail track connecting WB with Assam, and then need to destroy the 3 bridges on Brahmaputra and then bomb the major air bases in Tezpur, Jorhat and Dibrugarh. Arm dozen of anti –india militants and pressure Bangladesh not to allow transit facility to India. All these will be more than sufficient to grab Arunachal Pradesh.
Ok, why didnt they do it?

AOE

I wasn't saying they didn't want to, but that China is surrounded by a lot of enemies.

no smoking

Country flag
If USA loses Pakistan to the Chinese better for India, USA will have no choice except to take India as an ally and buildup India against the alliance. The closer China and Pakistan have become has resulted in India's access to better weapons(and Pakistan inferior Chinese weapons).
Unfortunately, both USA and China have a common interest in containing india in SOUTH ASIA. So, Pak is the ally of both countries on this. And neither of 2 countries is expecting use Pak in other territory.

India has no problem in access to better US weapons even today as long as india is willing to help USA in containing China in the whole ASIA.

Country flag
Unfortunately, both USA and China have a common interest in containing india in SOUTH ASIA. So, Pak is the ally of both countries on this. And neither of 2 countries is expecting use Pak in other territory.

India has no problem in access to better US weapons even today as long as india is willing to help USA in containing China in the whole ASIA.
This is news to me I always thought USA wanted to contain China and that is why all the US bases are in the Pacific and south China seas.

cw2005

This is news to me I always thought USA wanted to contain China and that is why all the US bases are in the Pacific and south China seas.
USA wants to contain anyone posting challenge to her.

In the near future, China would not be any challenge to the USN in the Indian Ocean but the Indian Navy would.

At the back of the mind of USA, Japan would also never ever be allowed to challenge USN in the Pacific. If you were the think tank of USN, you would have done the same thing.

AOE

This is comparing Apples with Oranges. Indian Government is not France or Britain, we are still a developing country and will easily get tempted to buying foreign goods. As it is we are the largest buyer of foreign arms in the world. France and Britian had an empire and their culture was more towards self-reliance but India on the other hand does not have the same culture and is pron to becoming reliant and cozy, haveing no friends or to have a challenge only brings out the best in you.
France and England weren't always like that, if you go back far enough they too had to grow through alliances with other nations. If you go back far enough, you'll see instances in history of a more united and self-reliant India; such as the Mauryans.

Moreover no one is rejecting foreign help, India is an ally of the US and NATO countries and ties are growing stronger which is the right way to go but its demonic to say the least when the US has and is still supporting Pakistan and helping Chinese economy grow faster than an Democracy like India is a sober reality that we should live with and does not help build trust in anyway. USA will definitely cause us more harm in the long run if we take sides we will only fall into traditional stereo types and bring biases to any negotiation table either with China or Pakistan. For Pakistan and Taliban we would become the Kafir alliance which we already are and would become an eternal conflict of good vs evil, right now its still only Kashmire. With China it would become an US vs China issue for dominance in Asia, so its better to go to any negotiation table as India and not with any more baggage. We should learn to solve our problems by our-self which is very important for our growth and stability.
US relations with Pakistan should end, I agree. Pakistan is showing more and more everyday of its intent to drift towards China, and yet we are witnessing the destabilization of Pakistan by the US air force and their agents. Pakistan has spent well over $30 billion US dollars in helping them in their war on terror.

The US helping China in its economics is hard to say at this point, since they're also shouldering parts of US debt at the moment and starting to piss off the world with their ignoring of intellectual patents, copying everything, and you also have to consider that the US has far stronger relations with South Korea, Japan, Taiwan, and ASEAN. It appears a game is being played to contain China, and the CCP have taken it hook, line, and sinker.

Whether or not being an ally of NATO or the US will be detrimental or positive to India in the long run is hard to say; although I would doubt it would be negative. Yes it would mean greater involvement against China, but the PRC has few friends in this world. Too much isolationism will damage Indias growth and image.

amitkriit

India must ensure that the "Oil corridor" created by China from Gwadar to Karakoram becomes a security nightmare for both Pakistani and Chinese authorities. India must come forward and actively support Balochistan freedom movement. I believe presence of Chinese troops in POK has got more to do with their concern for the safety of their projects in the region than their plan to counter India, at the moment.

arya

Country flag
what will impact of weak japan on india

japan is not strong as it was in past

amoy

India must ensure that the "Oil corridor" created by China from Gwadar to Karakoram becomes a security nightmare for both Pakistani and Chinese authorities.
Not really much follow-up on such a corridor recently. It seems not so feasible in terms of engineering as it's a vulnerable corridor prone to earthquakes... but the seaport/pipeline through Myanmar receives more coverage along with rail link from Yunnan China to BD via Myanmar.

The US and China converge in containing India through Pakistan before India becomes so powerful in the equation that it may block free passage through Indian Ocean. Sweet talks like "shared values" don't really go far when it comes to "national interests". Moreover China is gaining an upper hand in Myanmar east to India and able to encircle India on both east and west fronts.

India really need to get rid of the noose around her neck and increase her clout by heavily engaging NP, BD, SL and Myanmar to stop them from further tilting towards China.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
This is coming out from MEA via IA.

I believe this statement is more targeted towards China rather than ordinary Indians. Most of the Indians today already know about Chinese presence in critical border areas.

I will be waiting to see if China gives any different response to these rare pointers.

wolverine

we are talking about two nuclear powers. one missile in any of the big cities of two countries , which are centres of economy is enough to pull the country 50 years back, win or lose it doesnt matter, since china has another potential enemy, they wont risk to freeze their current growth percent and they know India wont make any intiative to change current status. Only chance is they may wait for a nuke war with India and pak and then they may take the advantage. Its not a video game, the worlds most populated country andd the second most populated country, two main exporters, vast amount of natural resources, foreign investments ...etc ...it will affect everyone, every one in this world.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles